Colts fire GM Grigson

ludakrishna

Reaction score
Colts fire GM Ryan Grigson http://es.pn/2iXV2Bk

"Grigson didn't make a full commitment to improve the offensive line until the 2016 draft when they used half of their eight picks on offensive linemen. But the commitment only came after Luck missed nine games due to injury in 2015."

If only our Owner would do the same with Cable or threaten Schneider and Carroll to get their priorities straight

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Rumor is they have a deal with Peyton Manning in principle and thats why the move to fire Grigson was done. If its true, I cant wait to see what Peyton is like as a GM.

sdog1981

Reaction score
Can his give back his executive of the year award on the way out the door?

Or

As I call it the "I drafted Andrew Luck" award.

FalconsFanNW

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":1ddhtfv9 said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/Softykjr/status/822929379877498880[/tweet]

This is much more realistic. I could totally see Shanny going to Indy... a team with a QB over the dumpster fire in SF.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Well Irsay just said no Manning. So there goes that fun idea.

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
John clayton said manning is a year or 2 away from taking the job but its inevitable amd he has spoke to irsay about it unless he gets into ownership.

Apparently wants to model himself after elway but needs more time to work on the scouting side.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
KillerB":1v870nme said:
But but but...he was Executive of the Year! :p
So was Jerruh Jones. In a league full of meaningless awards, this one is the most meaningless.

xgeoff

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":24zly3ls said:
KillerB":24zly3ls said:
But but but...he was Executive of the Year! :p
So was Jerruh Jones. In a league full of meaningless awards, this one is the most meaningless.

And let's not forget that Trent Baalke was a recipient of the award as well...

rlkats

Reaction score
FalconsFanNW":yoegp0cp said:
KitsapGuy":yoegp0cp said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/Softykjr/status/822929379877498880[/tweet]

This is much more realistic. I could totally see Shanny going to Indy... a team with a QB over the dumpster fire in SF.

Haha well shocker. Of course you'd think that.

Reality is work for a

petulant child that involves himself to much in football matters ( no QB, but clean blank slate)

Or

A drunk that can't get out of his way. ( a QB that has not done crap and is way over hyped)

Hmmmmm sound like the same issues on both teams. None look great. But at least with SF you can build a team the way you want. I believe if Jed gets out of the way and let's the GM and Coach build the team it will be a good solid team.

endzorn

Reaction score
If they get a solid GM who builds a team around Luck, this board will implode with Luck/Wilson comparisons.

Josea16

Reaction score
endzorn":1q8n3chb said:
If they get a solid GM who builds a team around Luck, this board will implode with Luck/Wilson comparisons.
Better then another million Bevell threads. With a decent GM Indianapolis could be something.

Passepartout

Reaction score
People need to look the way of Falcons GM Rich McKay. He knows what he is doing. And is well liked. And just had his Falcons now in the Super Bowl!

HawkGA

Reaction score
Josea16":rgpsyp78 said:
endzorn":rgpsyp78 said:
Better then another million Bevell threads. With a decent GM Indianapolis could be something.

Oh sure, turn this into another Bevell thread.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
What a terrible GM, surprised it took this long. His crowning achievement is drafting Luck first overall, which at the time, was the most obvious choice ever. Him winning executive of the year showed just how laughable and pointless that award is. You drafted the media's favorite player! High five!

chris98251

Reaction score
Coug_Hawk08":2vvcor3z said:
What a terrible GM, surprised it took this long. His crowning achievement is drafting Luck first overall, which at the time, was the most obvious choice ever. Him winning executive of the year showed just how laughable and pointless that award is. You drafted the media's favorite player! High five!

Yeah he should be in the Hall soon.

Josea16

Reaction score
HawkGA":m5wx74fb said:
Josea16":m5wx74fb said:
endzorn":m5wx74fb said:

Oh sure, turn this into another Bevell thread.
I wasn't trying to! It was a little joke and I went right back on topic.