Patriots open @ 15.5 favs

sutz

Reaction score
Wow. :shock: Didn't expect that big of a spread. I guess that is due to the QB situation, maybe?

OP
OP
pmedic920

pmedic920

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":3cj4hmc7 said:
That's a bit low IMO. Pats are going to blow their doors off.

I don't gamble but I've always been under the impression that anything over 7 pts was a large spread.

Easily could be wrong.

Texans may not score many points but they have a stout defense. It's very possible that they could hold the Pat's to one of their lower scores of the year.

15.5 might not be a bad bet.

2_0_6

Reaction score
Considering the pats won 27-0 week three behind Jacoby Brissett and Mr. Brady is the main reason for the spread.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
It's the right spread. Back-door TD always possible late in a game. I could see the Pats being up something like 28-7 with 4 minutes to go and Osweiler goes down and scores a garbage time TD against a prevent defense to cover the spread.

Chapow

Reaction score
HawkAroundTheClock":m9ydd029 said:
If I were a gambler, I'd still go with NE. They should win by 20.

At least. We're talking about Brock Osweiler vs Tom Brady in New England in the Playoffs. And don't forget that for the first time in 5 years someone not named the Seahawks led the league in scoring defense, the Patriots. They only gave up 15.5 ppg this season.

Congrats to Houston for winning a playoff game at home against a team playing their 3rd string QB, but barring a catastrophic meltdown by the entire Patriot team and coaching staff, they are going to get absolutely annihilated in NE.

Palmegranite

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":28slg5lq said:
Considering the pats won 27-0 week three behind Jacoby Brissett and Mr. Brady is the main reason for the spread.
On the other hand, they were shut out 16-0 the very next week on their home field to the Buffalo Bills with the same QB. Anything can happen.. Just saying.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
The Pats won by 27 with a 3rd string guy.. the spread is accurate.