Any chance hawks bring maxwell back?

RussB

Reaction score
Someone mentioned on here that there will be free cap space next year. They need depth in the secondary, i doubt dolphins will keep him and i think i heard he makes less money now after underperfoming. He knows the hawks system and was good here, you think they would bring him back in?

Im not an expert on cap space so can someone fill me in if he would even be affordable, its theres a reasonable price i dont see why not.

Go hawks.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Not sure who told you he was underperforming. He is actually having a decent year which includes 4 forced fumbles, 2 interceptions, 15 pass deflections and 53 combined tackles.
[urltargetblank]http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/sports/csn/eagles/In_cruel_twist__former_Eagle_Byron_Maxwell_one_of_NFL_s_top_corners_now-405640306.html[/urltargetblank]

Next season will start his 3rd year of a 6 year contract he signed with Philadelphia. Cutting him would cost Miami 3 million in dead money [urltargetblank]http://overthecap.com/player/byron-maxwell/1535/[/urltargetblank]. While I wish he was still on our team he would be, in my opinion, to expensive for us regardless of where he was in his contract.

2_0_6

Reaction score
He makes to much money, those dollars need to go to help keep #3 upright.

We need to grab a stub CB in this years draft in case Shead leaves.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
I may be wrong but aren't the Eagles on the hook for the dead money? I believe Miami can cut him at any time without dead money hitting their cap but again.. Could be wrong

Either way I think Shead is pretty much the same guy as Maxwell aside from Maxwell's ability to punch the ball out and create a turnover. He was never the best cover corner out here, Earl just covered his ass many a time and Max created some big turnovers many a time.

Pie Romania

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":1yojuxqo said:
He makes to much money, those dollars need to go to help keep #3 upright.

We need to grab a stub CB in this years draft in case Shead leaves.

Shead is a Restricted Free Agent IIRC. They'll tender him at the 2nd round level and he'll be with us another year IMO.