Bruce Irvin

dopeboy206

Reaction score
I really like how he shuts down the edge runs when he was on our team. The best sideline to sideline defender for us the past few season. That is truly missed.

cymatica

Reaction score
He and bevell have something in common.... "Who's Jimmy?"

seabowl

Reaction score
Oh look it's Darrell Bevell trying to get our thoughts off of his asinine play calling. Welcome Darrell to .net.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
cymatica":1a1k0y64 said:
He and bevell have something in common.... "Who's Jimmy?"
Let's get it back on topic, this is a Bruce Irvin thread.......there are other threads to discuss how anyone views DB, it's quite a range, please locate and keep the DB stuff there.

sdog1981

Reaction score
He is really starting to find his own with the team. Last two games he has really shown up with two games in a row with a sack.

xgeoff

Reaction score
I think Irvin is playing for the Raiders in the same way he played for the Seahawks. He is a stout run defender. He sets the edge well. He can't rush the passer for sh*t. He gets sacks when other guys flush the passer out of the pocket. He's decent, but I don't think he's worth the money. Mike Morgan is as good as an OLB and everyone else we have is better as a pass rusher.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
xgeoff":i5snui3w said:
I think Irvin is playing for the Raiders in the same way he played for the Seahawks. He is a stout run defender. He sets the edge well. He can't rush the passer for sh*t. He gets sacks when other guys flush the passer out of the pocket. He's decent, but I don't think he's worth the money. Mike Morgan is as good as an OLB and everyone else we have is better as a pass rusher.
Pretty good assesment. I liked Bruce and some of his skillset, but his inability to finish is plays at key moments iritated the hell out of me. The dude is a pyschical freak, he should be one of the best in the league based on that alone.