Goff is now the Rams' QB

RedAlice

Reaction score
Can we talk about Goff in a thread that does not have a horrible title?

Here we go....

Basis4day

Reaction score
I'd like to talk about him, but there isn't much to say until he plays.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Agree, have to wait for some experience in a real game to expose him for the great player he could be or what he needs to learn to show he has what it takes to be a Fisherite.

chris98251

Reaction score
Well Alice, change the name to Jeff Golf and if he screws up you ask for a Mulligan, on another note Fisher is about as trustworthy as a Used Cars Salesman, says Goff isn't ready one day and promotes him the next, someone applying pressure to push this issue obviously, Fisher doesn't like young QB's.

OP
OP
RedAlice

RedAlice

Reaction score
chris98251":2x1y93ji said:
Well Alice, change the name to Jeff Golf and if he screws up you ask for a Mulligan, on another note Fisher is about as trustworthy as a Used Cars Salesman, says Goff isn't ready one day and promotes him the next, someone applying pressure to push this issue obviously, Fisher doesn't like young QB's.

Yeah, I don't think this was Fisher's decision although he says it is and all sources say it is. Whatever, on we go now.

This was posted on the Rams board (from 2006), supports what you and others here are saying Re: Fisher and young QBs. Switch the names and this is horribly like right now.

----

Titans' Young to make first start against Cowboys

The No. 3 overall draft pick played in spot duty in each of the Titans' first two games, but the Titans are 0-3 and hope the quarterback who led Texas to the national title in January can provide a spark to their offense.

The Titans drafted Young — a former star at Madison High in Houston — over Matt Leinart and local favorite Jay Cutler because of his potential.

Coach Jeff Fisher had promised he wouldn't start Young until the rookie was ready, and he publicly said Monday that veteran Kerry Collins would start against Dallas (1-1).

But Collins, who was not signed until Aug. 29, has struggled to pick up enough of the offense to help. Collins has thrown six interceptions and only one touchdown pass and has a passer rating of 42.3 — less than Young's 58.8 rating in spot duty.

http://www.chron.com/sports/texans/arti ... 876762.php

OP
OP
RedAlice

RedAlice

Reaction score
Smellyman":2de1tikp said:
I think he is going to Goff up the ball a lot.

His name does have a ton of humorous possibilities - both positive fun and negative fun. It's gonna be great!

Threedee

Reaction score
Does everyone remember the Berkeley-Utah game from last year when Goff was intercepted 5 times?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Threedee":3qpb4tko said:
Does everyone remember the Berkeley-Utah game from last year when Goff was intercepted 5 times?

I remember like it was last year.

I have no idea if Goff will be good, but unless he's taken HUGE strides since we saw him on Hard Knocks, he's going to stink something fierce. He was clueless.

The Rams aren't going anywhere this year, so this smells like a desperation move for Fisher to keep his job and appease the fans who are already turning their TV's off in LA. Gotta try and drum up some excitement for the 2nd half of the season.

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
Everytime I see pictures of Goff I just get the impression that he ate glue in school and licked flagpoles.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
Monday paper will read:
Rams New QB Is Goff To A Bad Start.
Throws 3 picks after Suh steps on hand.
Miami wins 38-6.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
No matter what happens this will make JePh Pheescher look bad. Either Goff will play terrible and he'll look like an idiot for mortgaging the future for him, or he'll look as good or better than Keenum, which will then make everyone ask why Goff wasn't starting earlier.

And by the end of the season, Pheescher will be the losingest coach in history. Bad vibes mang.

OP
OP
RedAlice

RedAlice

Reaction score
Well, I am excited. It's forward movement one way or the other as Keenum clearly was not helping and Goff needs to be in the game to learn. And, it's been forever since there's been hope at our QB position, I mean we had B for years (or rather whomever was playing while he was injured).

So, yay for Sunday.

Attachments

• goff 1.png
    goff 1.png
    243.8 KB · Views: 1,900
OP
OP
RedAlice

RedAlice

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":2sy0hius said:
No matter what happens this will make JePh Pheescher look bad. Either Goff will play terrible and he'll look like an idiot for mortgaging the future for him, or he'll look as good or better than Keenum, which will then make everyone ask why Goff wasn't starting earlier.

And by the end of the season, Pheescher will be the losingest coach in history. Bad vibes mang.

All of that and more expounding of exactly the same is in the How Dumb is Fisher thread. :) :)

Threedee

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3lhq4pwh said:
Threedee":3lhq4pwh said:

I remember like it was last year.

I have no idea if Goff will be good, but unless he's taken HUGE strides since we saw him on Hard Knocks, he's going to stink something fierce. He was clueless.

The Rams aren't going anywhere this year, so this smells like a desperation move for Fisher to keep his job and appease the fans who are already turning their TV's off in LA. Gotta try and drum up some excitement for the 2nd half of the season.
Seriously, though. I tuned-in not knowing Goff would become a Ram, but because it's fun to watch an air raid offense play against a more pro-style team, with one of the best defenses in its conference. That game is one of the most memorable regular season games I watched last year. Goff was atrocious.