If Eli Manning retired right now, would he be in the HoF?

Giblien

Reaction score
I know he has two rings, but I can't think of a worse QB who has two super bowl rings. And the seasons he hasn't won a super bowl he has been average or worse.

Would you vote him in? Why or why not?

HawkGA

Reaction score
I will be very curious to see what happens with Eli.

sutz

Reaction score
Tough one. Yeah the rings mean a lot, but I always wonder with Eli if he's not like Trent Dilfer, maybe the team got them there more than what they did. Seems a bit inconsistant over his career, with not a lot of sustained success in consecutive years overall. My tendency is to say no as of right now.

:229031_shrug:

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Giblien":1awgsvlm said:
I know he has two rings, but I can't think of a worse QB who has two super bowl rings. And the seasons he hasn't won a super bowl he has been average or worse.

He will prob be in the HOF which is a total joke. He has a Career QB rating of 83.8 and outside the 2 superbowl seasons he has only played 3 other playoff games and was god awful in them combining for 2TD and 6INT.

The Giants window was from 2005-2008 where they went one and done 3 times and won the superbowl. Outside of that window they SOMEHOW...dont ask me....have another Superbowl win out of nowhere with a 9-7 regular season record and then every other year they missed the playoffs. They have missed the playoffs 7 times with Eli at QB

It actually kind of REALLY PISSES ME OFF that in the last Seven Seasons they only made the playoffs ONE time and were 6-6 before finishing 9-7 and winning the superbowl. BURNS ME haha

He is the NFC version of Joe Flacco who has a 84.1 QB rating for his Career although I would argue Flacco has played better in the playoffs and has played a few more playoff games

OP
OP
Giblien

Giblien

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":bk0s37zh said:
Giblien":bk0s37zh said:

He will prob be in the HOF which is a total joke. He has a Career QB rating of 83.8 and outside the 2 superbowl seasons he has only played 3 other playoff games and was god awful in them combining for 2TD and 6INT.
Exactly what I am talking about. He wouldn't even be in my top 30 qb's in an all time fantasy draft because you have no idea what you are going to get.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
On redzone they often post up the top passing yard and touchdown all time lists and it's full of hof players or ones that will be there (Brees, Brady, Peyton). Eli is up there on both lists. 2 rings and some fairly gaudy numbers suggest he will get in there but I share the sentiment that it wouldn't feel quite right somehow.

uncle fester

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":2vd6il9b said:
On redzone they often post up the top passing yard and touchdown all time lists and it's full of hof players or ones that will be there (Brees, Brady, Peyton). Eli is up there on both lists. 2 rings and some fairly gaudy numbers suggest he will get in there but I share the sentiment that it wouldn't feel quite right somehow.

Agreed. I don't think he's nearly as good as the numbers suggest, but stats and rings can blind the decision from being completely objective. Knocking off the Pats twice will help.

getnasty

Reaction score
Without question he'll get in. I'm not a big Eli fan but when you finish your career top 10 in yards, touchdowns and have 2 rings it won't even be close.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
getnasty":n8w36qhk said:
Without question he'll get in. I'm not a big Eli fan but when you finish your career top 10 in yards, touchdowns and have 2 rings it won't even be close.

Doesn't hurt his last name is Manning either.

But yeah Eli will be in the HOF. I think Rivers will be the more interesting case study.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Nailed on.

Two Super Bowl rings, brilliant famous play (helmet catch) and statistically one of the most productive QB's in NFL history.

Jac

Reaction score
When I went to look up his career stats, I was surprised to see he hasn't missed a game since he took over the job in 2004 (13 seasons). That's remarkable.

NINEster

Reaction score
Giblien":3fvf4q87 said:

Eli in 2011 was great....top 3 great.

Every other season he has been pretty good to very good with some bad seasons too.

Giants' defense put them in position to win those Super Bowls but he still had to make the plays and he did.

Hall of Fame.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
NINEster":sc907fpd said:
Giblien":sc907fpd said:

Eli in 2011 was great....top 3 great.

Every other season he has been pretty good to very good with some bad seasons too.

Giants' defense put them in position to win those Super Bowls but he still had to make the plays and he did.

Hall of Fame.

Even though I dont think I would ever put him as even top 5 most seasons......Eli is a QB that SHOULDNT EVER be in the HOF but somehow he will sneak in

Im sorry I just dont consider someone who does

23TD/20INT
24TD/18INT
31TD/25INT
18TD/27INT

I mean cmon......those are freaking horrible and his CAREER best QB rating in a season is 93.6 Even Hasselbeck had a year better than that.

We can all be honest though. Eli is realistically a one ring QB (2011) who lucked his way into his first ring. In 2011 he was really good but the first ring idk

He is somewhat comparable to Elway statwise....but that was a WAY DIFFERENT era in passing. Elways best season was a 93 rating I believe

BTW someone mentioned Rivers. I think Rivers is better than Eli. In 20 less games he is only 8 TDs less BUT has 63 less INTs.

BirdsCommaAngry

Reaction score
I agree, Wilson. If he got in, he would be less deserving than most who are in and perhaps less deserving than others who haven't/won't make it. However, the OP's question isn't about whether or not he deserves to be there but whether those who make the vote will vote for him or not. Regardless of whether its deserved or not, do you think he would get voted in?

IndyHawk

Reaction score
If Stabler got in with his stats..Eli deserves to be in too

Latest posts