Spencer Ware

12thbrah

Reaction score
Forgot that he had been drafted by the Hawks back in 2013. I get that Christine Michael was drafted that same year but honestly I think Ware would be a much a better fit for this offense now.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Ware would have been a great fit. Very physical runner. He is the future RB for the KC Chiefs now that Charles' career looks all but over.

nanomoz

Reaction score
I don't think he was released because coaches didn't believe in his talent, the DUI he got just after kind of affirmed it. I could be wrong.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
I believe the DUI came shortly after he was cut, so I doubt that was a factor.

If you ask around the league, I think it'd be generally unanimous that Spencer Ware is currently considered a better talent than Christine Michael. Ware has morphed into one of the best dual-threat RBs in the NFL. His style would certainly be a nice fit here.

Personally, I thought he looked great in his first preseason here. There were multiple times in his rookie season where he was also activated ahead of Michael. Ultimately, Ware was a victim of the numbers game, and to be frank, the Seahawks had a lot invested in Michael at the time.

Rat

Reaction score
Wasn't he hurt quite a bit here, or am I thinking of someone else? Seemed like an out-of-the-box type pick when it was made, but they clearly knew what they were doing.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Ware was great in his time here. He was simply released because there was just not a spot for him on the roster. Very similar situation to Tremaine Pope this season.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Yeah I was under the impression that he was let go because of the DUI.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
I could be wrong but one of the issues affecting Ware in his time with Seahawks was ball security. Didn't he have a fumbling problem?

DavidSeven

Reaction score
hawkfan68":1mleyb28 said:
I could be wrong but one of the issues affecting Ware in his time with Seahawks was ball security. Didn't he have a fumbling problem?

I think you're thinking of Michael's early ball-security struggles.

Ware never fumbled in preaseason or regular season with us.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
DavidSeven":16muatow said:
hawkfan68":16muatow said:

I think you're thinking of Michael's early ball-security struggles.

Ware never fumbled in preaseason or regular season with us.

Ahh...that's right. Thanks for refreshing my memory.

Jville

Reaction score
Bad news for former Seattle Seahawk running back Spencer Ware… not only was he released by the Seahawks on Saturday but he also got popped with a DUI charge on Tuesday. Apparently, Ware was arrested for allegedly drunk driving on Tuesday morning in Maple Valley and was booked into the Kent jail at 3:21am.

This is Spencer Ware’s second DUI within this year, his first DUI was on January 9th when he was on the Seahawks injured reserve list.

Former Seattle Seahawk Spencer Ware Charged with 2nd DUI this Year. >>>> [urltargetblank]http://davidodefense.com/former-seattle-seahawk-spencer-ware-charged-with-2nd-dui-this-year/[/urltargetblank]

Some guys need to learn via the school of hard knocks. And sometimes it works out better for the second or third or forth team these guys sign with. Gives them time to grow up.

Hawks46

Reaction score
I"m going to give Kearly credit on this one. He was bummed we released Ware and had said he would end up being a great pickup somewhere else.

peppersjap

Reaction score
Jville":27jlkk4k said:
Bad news for former Seattle Seahawk running back Spencer Ware… not only was he released by the Seahawks on Saturday but he also got popped with a DUI charge on Tuesday. Apparently, Ware was arrested for allegedly drunk driving on Tuesday morning in Maple Valley and was booked into the Kent jail at 3:21am.

This is Spencer Ware’s second DUI within this year, his first DUI was on January 9th when he was on the Seahawks injured reserve list.

Former Seattle Seahawk Spencer Ware Charged with 2nd DUI this Year. >>>> [urltargetblank]http://davidodefense.com/former-seattle-seahawk-spencer-ware-charged-with-2nd-dui-this-year/[/urltargetblank]

Some guys need to learn via the school of hard knocks. And sometimes it works out better for the second or third or forth team these guys sign with. Gives them time to grow up.
This was what I remembered and respect the team for letting him go! Good for him for turning it around but it was a good release!