Bronco's Anderson out for the season

2_0_6

Reaction score
An already anemic offense takes another hit..

I would bet that they land a RB via trade sometime very soon.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":3ddsy8ay said:

Anemic offense? They're much better than our offense. Their offense has been pretty good this year outside of the game where Paxton Lynch had to start and the Thursday Night Game vs SD.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":1t20hi5o said:

Booker should do fine in his stead. It wouldn't shock me though if they signed Spiller to take the roster spot. I don't know how much faith they have in Bibbs or Johnson (practice squad), but they do seem to like Adams quite a bit.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
kidhawk":3ko233gh said:
Hawk_Nation":3ko233gh said:

Adams should do fine in his stead. It wouldn't shock me though if they signed Spiller to take the roster spot. I don't know how much faith they have in Bibbs or Johnson (practice squad), but they do seem to like Adams quite a bit.

Adams? I think you mean Booker. But yeah I agree, they will be fine with Booker.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":12cnchkh said:
kidhawk":12cnchkh said:
Hawk_Nation":12cnchkh said:

Adams should do fine in his stead. It wouldn't shock me though if they signed Spiller to take the roster spot. I don't know how much faith they have in Bibbs or Johnson (practice squad), but they do seem to like Adams quite a bit.

Adams? I think you mean Booker. But yeah I agree, they will be fine with Booker.

I don't know where adams came from. It's what happens I guess when I try to multi-task between work and the forum. I've corrected it though as you are correct it's Booker

Funny thing is, I actually had added Booker on my fantasy team to replace Anderson after he got hurt, so it's even more strange

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
kidhawk":3e79vlu1 said:
Hawk-Lock":3e79vlu1 said:
kidhawk":3e79vlu1 said:
Hawk_Nation":3e79vlu1 said:

I don't know where adams came from. It's what happens I guess when I try to multi-task between work and the forum. I've corrected it though as you are correct it's Booker

Funny thing is, I actually had added Booker on my fantasy team to replace Anderson after he got hurt, so it's even more strange

Lucky you. I wanted to get Booker in all my leagues but was unable to get him. He will immediately become a RB1. If I owned both CJA and Booker, I'd prefer CJA getting hurt because rather than a RBBC, Booker should get all the work.

2_0_6

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":23ueyjqj said:
Hawk_Nation":23ueyjqj said:

Anemic offense? They're much better than our offense. Their offense has been pretty good this year outside of the game where Paxton Lynch had to start and the Thursday Night Game vs SD.

Yes I said anemic.

Overall they are ranked 22nd and we are 29th.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":18ev4fxp said:
Hawk-Lock":18ev4fxp said:
Hawk_Nation":18ev4fxp said:

Yes I said anemic.

Overall they are ranked 22nd and we are 29th.

Yuck! We are 29th.

To be fair. Total offense is always skewed. Which is why I hate most stats in the NFL. If not for our defense, we'd be ranked a lot higher. There is just no need for us or the Broncos to push the ball down field with the defenses they have. If you look at all of the top ranked offenses, they all have one thing in common, terrible defenses.

I still don't think the Broncos offense is that bad. Take away the game Paxton Lynch played, and they average 26.5 points per game.

2_0_6

Reaction score
Oh Im not disagreeing with you, I just think that the Broncos have a legit shot at possibly missing the playoffs this year.

xgeoff

Reaction score
I saw Booker when he played at Utah. Fantastic. Knew he would be good in the NFL. Broncos won't suffer any dropoff due to the loss of Anderson.

Largent80

Reaction score
Hard to feel sorry for any team and their injuries with the Hawks being absolutely gimped.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
As long as Booker stays healthy I think this could end up as a net positive for the Broncos.

I've never liked Anderson as a player: I think of him like Matt Jones, TJ Yeldon, Isaiah Crowell, Latavious Murray etc. in a slightly better situation (i.e. a guy whose only claim to fame is that he gets touches).

TBH I was pretty shocked they matched his offer sheet this off-season, but once you looked at the contract details it also made it pretty clear that the Broncos weren't too enthused about him either (they dumped all the guarantees into this year).