Can we laugh at the Colts?

HawkGA

Reaction score
I didn't watch the game but the last I checked the score they seemed to be firmly in command of the game. Woke up this morning to see that they lost.

Polaris

Reaction score
HawkGA":1oji0jvt said:
I didn't watch the game but the last I checked the score they seemed to be firmly in command of the game. Woke up this morning to see that they lost.

I am eagerly awaiting for the next series of excuses for Andrew Luck and why he is still better than Russell Wilson.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
I also didn't watch much. Went to it a few times during NLCS commercials, but then never went to it officially. Sounds like the game turned into a good one which is good.

But speaking of ratings decline. I am the nfls bread and butter audience and even I couldn't get myself to watch Colts Texans....

mistaowen

Reaction score
HC/GM need to go. GM has created an incredibly untalented football team with no identity and Pagano has not been able to win big games since he got there. Luck's inflated stats are due to them being 3+ TD behind all the time and defenses going into prevent mode by halftime. All they really have is a good QB with some good WRs at this point and a near retirement but still solid RB.

Doesn't seem to be much out there for good replacements though. McDaniels will get some interest league-wide but I don't know if he'd want to leave NE and he flamed out pretty hard last time as HC.

pmedic920

Reaction score
I watch most of the game (half hearted) missed a lot of the details.

The Texans gutted it out.
I'm thinking the B.O. deal was a huge mistake but he finished that game well.

Polaris

Reaction score
b8rtm8nn":1owgq6dv said:
Colts defense looked terrible...

What? You think the Colts defense looked that good? (i.e. only terrible)

NINEster

Reaction score
Polaris":3hcqe98d said:
HawkGA":3hcqe98d said:

I am eagerly awaiting for the next series of excuses for Andrew Luck and why he is still better than Russell Wilson.

Surely you're not going to put Ryan Grigson's failures on Luck the way you've put Baalke's on Kap?

OP
OP
H

HawkGA

Reaction score
gowazzu02":3c1t4ob2 said:
I also didn't watch much. Went to it a few times during NLCS commercials, but then never went to it officially. Sounds like the game turned into a good one which is good.

But speaking of ratings decline. I am the nfls bread and butter audience and even I couldn't get myself to watch Colts Texans....

Being up against the Cubs in the NLCS was bad luck. I think all else equal a regular NFL game beats baseball playoffs, but as you said, crappy NFL game and then the storied Cubs in the playoffs? If I were watching TV last night I would have been with you in watching baseball instead. And I have a pretty low opinion of baseball.

Polaris

Reaction score
NINEster":28c0b4qz said:
Polaris":28c0b4qz said:
HawkGA":28c0b4qz said:

Surely you're not going to put Ryan Grigson's failures on Luck the way you've put Baalke's on Kap?

Since when have I done that? :?

Kap had his own issues that were visible very early on if you knew what you were looking for. It so happened that (at least at first) he lucked out in getting the perfect coach to get the most out of him.

I think you know who I think is to blame for the dumpster fire that is currently the niners and as much as I dislike Kap, he isn't it. [And I think we agree who is ultimately responsible.]

I will also agree that the lion's share of the blame for the dumpster fire that is the Colts has to go to the GM. That said, the man-love the national press continues to give Luck is nothing less than disgusting.

SeaToTheHawks

Reaction score
I went to the game. It was crazy. By about the 7 minute mark in the 4th quarter at least half the crowd had left.

And Luck sucks. He's just not good.