Karpernick named starting qb in sf

xgeoff

Reaction score
Wow! This will be interesting. I honestly don't think Kelly had much of a choice. I thought Gabbert had potential, but he has just played so poorly.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
likely a garbage fire...they could bring back Montana and it would not matter...except he would throw less picks.

uncle fester

Reaction score
Clearly a better option than Gabbert (who as a result must be now done as a starter in this league) and I hope he gets some wins under his belt - enough to ruin a decent draft place but not enough to trigger playoff implications :D

Marvin49

Reaction score
Gabbert sucks. I've been to every game this season and at least once or twice a game he is missing wide open receivers for TDs. He isn't even close on those throws.

Kap is a far better passer on those 10-20 yard passes than Gabbert is but also has a larger chance of throwing the ball to the other team.

Honestly, I think it'll look different but final result might be the same.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
It's going to be horrible having to face Leonard Fournette or Myles Garrett twice a year.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Marvin49":1731qxqv said:
Gabbert sucks. I've been to every game this season and at least once or twice a game he is missing wide open receivers for TDs. He isn't even close on those throws.

Kap is a far better passer on those 10-20 yard passes than Gabbert is but also has a larger chance of throwing the ball to the other team.

I think you are pretty spot on with your assesment. :2thumbs:

Jville

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/gbellseattle/status/785943413141020672[/tweet]

xgeoff

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":2sjws9o8 said:
It's going to be horrible having to face Leonard Fournette or Myles Garrett twice a year.

They have a good RB. I like Carlos Hyde a lot. But with no QB, teams stack the box and dare you to throw. Besides, I still contend that until the Niners get a change of GM and/or ownership, they're going nowhere.

xgeoff

Reaction score
Jville":3u089l1y said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/gbellseattle/status/785943413141020672[/tweet]

I was pretty high on this kid till I saw him in the Senior Bowl. Ack! Not a good performance for him. But who knows, it was one game, we'll see how he pans out.

ZorntoLargent

Reaction score
The Bills should just play the national anthem right before each play.

SF49r

Reaction score
Waiting until a very patriotic player goes head-hunting then he will physically not be able to stand for the anthem..

RichNhansom

Reaction score
So did hey get his contract re-negotiated? If not I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up on IR with swollen ovaries and somehow can't clear waivers until April 2nd next year.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Marvin49":351wq4se said:

ESPN insider type said today that Ponder has looked better in practice than Kaep and Gabbert. Is the Bay area media eaying the same thing?

McGruff

Reaction score
uncle fester":3psqg8y8 said:
Clearly a better option than Gabbert (who as a result must be now done as a starter in this league) and I hope he gets some wins under his belt - enough to ruin a decent draft place but not enough to trigger playoff implications :D

Gabbert just needs to setitle into a nice 10 year Mirer-esque career as the anonymous backup.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
McGruff":1vkttd5s said:
uncle fester":1vkttd5s said:

Gabbert just needs to setitle into a nice 10 year Mirer-esque career as the anonymous backup.

Gabs was supposed to be post McCoy As in rarely if ever starting.

But when your starter doesn't show up for the game, the team had to do something. I'm surrounded by Montana-era fans. All I know FTf are like whatever, let him start. Not like they are gonna be HAWKS fans but everyone is disgusted with the Jed/Trent/Colin sideshow.

As a HAWKS fan, me too.