Amusing look around the league

Hawks46

Reaction score
So it's funny, watching other games and reading what analysts are saying about certain teams, it seems that more than half the league has problems with their OL, or that it's the "major weakness" on their team.

Houston's big weakness was their OL according to the pregame analysis.

NE's big weakness was the OL and QB position (or that was a big question mark).

NYG, Falcons, Bucs, Minnesota, the list goes on and on. This actually reinforces the narrative from John Schneider and Tom Cable about college OLmen being less and less ready to play at a high level.

What does this have to do with the Hawks you might ask ? Most teams have to scheme around their OL. Not many teams have OL as a strength, and OC's have to prepare a game plan with that in mind.

If Bevell continues to be unable to do this, it's going to show he's a below average coordinator at this level.

pmedic920

Reaction score
This appears to be an NFL topic.
I'll move it to the appropriate forum for you.
If you want to talk about our OC, please do so in one of the threads that have already been started on That topic.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Hawks46":2pck0ixt said:
So it's funny, watching other games and reading what analysts are saying about certain teams, it seems that more than half the league has problems with their OL, or that it's the "major weakness" on their team.

Houston's big weakness was their OL according to the pregame analysis.

NE's big weakness was the OL and QB position (or that was a big question mark).

NYG, Falcons, Bucs, Minnesota, the list goes on and on. This actually reinforces the narrative from John Schneider and Tom Cable about college OLmen being less and less ready to play at a high level.

What does this have to do with the Hawks you might ask ? Most teams have to scheme around their OL. Not many teams have OL as a strength, and OC's have to prepare a game plan with that in mind.

If Bevell continues to be unable to do this, it's going to show he's a below average coordinator at this level.

Last year there was a post with an article that mentioned that most of the offensive linemen coming out of college were not Running game offensive linemen. They mostly came from passing attacks and were not ready for primetime. A lot of teams are looking for the same thing we are but they are not out there. Hence the problem and the effort on a solution of drafting SPARQ scorers and transitioning them to what we want them to be. Experiments sometimes work, but it takes a LOT of time to make it happen. I think with the salary Cap situation that ALL teams have, This is gonna be an issue going into many years from now. The NOT For LOng league wanted parity, they have it with the offensive lines. They also want flashy lights with a lot of passing, but without offensive lines, flashy will be more then likely Flashy in the pants. This is my opinion and I approve this message.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Wow, from looking at those quotes, and some articles around the net, it would appear that roughly half of the lines in the league are below average. Hmmmm.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
bigskydoc":2oipr3zv said:
Wow, from looking at those quotes, and some articles around the net, it would appear that roughly half of the lines in the league are below average. Hmmmm.

Wait a minute... I thought our line was so bad that it brought down the overall average to where at least 3/4 of the league would be above average!

Threedee

Reaction score
Hawks46":84guhj9i said:

Doesn't everyone already know this?