Josh McCown

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Lets be honest, we all knew McCown is way better than RG3.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
If McCown is the bar, then it's set pretty low. The dude is awful but looks better than he is because of the lack of quality talent at QB. That's why Shaun Hill looks decent in MInny. Hill was terrible with the Lions and 49ers prior to being in Minny. Same with McCown in Chicago and TB. Tjack is a better QB than McCown or Hill. That should be enough proof of how terrible they are.

OP
OP
b8rtm8nn

b8rtm8nn

Reaction score
Uh...I think you are reading me wrong, Josh is not a starter, he is a great backup. He is one of those guys that can win a couple of games, puts his body at risk, everybody loves him until the starter returns. Like the backup Arab that lights it up for 3 games and then disappears when some 2-14 team hands him the starting role. His job covering for injured Cutler got him the chance to start in TB, so that would be the wrong criticism.

Any coach thinking he should be a starter though...that is just wrong.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
b8rtm8nn":3rc6yf6x said:
Uh...I think you are reading me wrong, Josh is not a starter, he is a great backup. He is one of those guys that can win a couple of games, puts his body at risk, everybody loves him until the starter returns. Like the backup Arab that lights it up for 3 games and then disappears when some 2-14 team hands him the starting role. His job covering for injured Cutler got him the chance to start in TB, so that would be the wrong criticism.

Oops...sorry I did misread your initial post. He's pretty good backup. But the less time these guys are on the field the better.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
b8rtm8nn":38gkgp3o said:

Agreed. He is a great backup, but once he becomes a starter he is a bottom 5 NFL starting QB. I'd take McCown any day over RG3. And to be honest, I'd probably take a lot of backup QB's over RG3.