Rex and Bills Drop to 0-2

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
They got whooped in what "kind of" seemed like a must win for both teams. NY dominated that game. All of Buffalos scores were on big plays, but other than that they couldn't really sustain drives.

I'm more shocked about how bad Buffalo's defense was. Any defense Rob Ryan touches turns to softness.

Threedee

Reaction score
Rex is the superior of the two. Rob is the architect of the Cowgirls and Saints historically terrible defenses. I wonder how long until he completely dismantles Buffalo?

2_0_6

Reaction score
Ronald Darby got absolutely abused all night.
The 3rd and 4th down play calls to try and draw the Jets off sides was a complete disaster.
Sammy Watkins and his injuries are like death by a 1000 paper cuts. All the talent in the world, but never healthy.
The front flip by Greg Salas was sweet.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Buffalos in for a long year. Suspensions and injuries are piling up.

OP
OP
Hawk-Lock

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
This has the look to an ugly season. Wouldn't shock me if Ryan gets canned midseason and Watkins gets shut-down early.

I also think Greg Roman is a big reason for the struggles on offense. I thought he did a good job for the Niners, but his play-calling last night was awful, and I'm guessing it was bad last week when they only scored 7 points. He needs to find a way to get Tyrod moving around the pocket, not to mention get Watkins the ball. I think Watkins was targeted only like 5 times last night, not nearly enough. The play-call last night was just vanilla. The calls on 3rd and 1 and 4th and 1 weren't fooling anyone.

xgeoff

Reaction score
And the architects of Buffalo's destruction were...former Bills coach Chan Gailey adn former Bills QB Ryan Fitzpatrick

The Bills haven't had a good GM/Coach combo since Bill Polian and Marv Levy.

That combo is so important, and just really goes to show you how critical that FO is to success. We are fortunate here in Seattle to have Pete and John. Arizona has a good combo with Arians and Keim. Denver has Elway/Kubiak and New England has Belichek/Belichek. The best teams are those who have great Front Offices, and everything flows in the organization from there.