Unreal: Rams Expected to Extend Jeff Fisher

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
LOL!

[tweet]https://twitter.com/Alden_Gonzalez/status/776492415284682753[/tweet]

SeahawksFanForever

Reaction score
I know everyone jokes about Jeff Fischer's track record and talks about him being average as a HC but I seriously do wonder how is he doing this? I honestly wonder because it's so difficult to understand.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
This can't be real....

I mean, the Rams organization has proven to be dumb beyond belief for keeping him this long....but EXTENDING HIM.....and after THAT PERFORMANCE???

Well, on the bright side, I guess it keeps the Rams from ever threatening the division.

xgeoff

Reaction score
Wow! Wow, wow, wow! LOL, I guess there is something to be said for stability.

RedAlice

Reaction score
Lots of rumors this week.

Part of this rumor is that the formal announcement of Brocker's extension also included the announcement of Fisher's extension. Still haven't seen the formal Brockers announcement, though it's been publicly stated he's extended.

Again, that's a rumor. Lots of tweets come out following the rumor.

Another rumor this week was that Fisher didn't want Goff (similar to what happened in Tennessee). However, that has also been shown to be false and Fisher did want Goff.

No rumors on him being fired yet. But, I highly doubt these extension rumors are true as of right now. Maybe before Monday night it was the plan.

Extending Fisher right now is just not believable. Although, at this point I guess nothing would completely surprise me.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
Last I read, the structure is in place but waiting to see how the season unfolds before finalizing. At least I'm praying that's what's going on.

RedAlice

Reaction score
Ramfan128":3k9wduz7 said:
Last I read, the structure is in place but waiting to see how the season unfolds before finalizing. At least I'm praying that's what's going on.

Same. I fully think that if Rams had won on Monday and then this week that an extension would've been announced.

Kroenke may be having some pause right now. Well, hopefully he is anyway.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Hawkpower":bpo5q7oq said:
This can't be real....

I mean, the Rams organization has proven to be dumb beyond belief for keeping him this long....but EXTENDING HIM.....and after THAT PERFORMANCE???

Well, on the bright side, I guess it keeps the Rams from ever threatening the division.

Yea I thought the same thing at first. That was followed by "yea, but they'll still play us tough, out coach us on ST's, and find ways to get sneaky wins and injure players without getting suspensions."

I guess the best news is that as long as Fisher is there, they won't ever develop an elite QB that can make it really hard to beat them.

TriCHawk

Reaction score
Paul Allen was a factor in pushing to get the Rams to move back to LA. Maybe Mr. Kroenke is doing us a solid.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Quick -- get this announced before they come to their senses.

b8rtm8nn

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":3w0xcfcs said:

Quick -- get this announced before they come to their senses.

+1

Gotta have more Fisher!

Threedee

Reaction score
I blame the GM, Les Snead. Selling the farm for Goff, that publicity stunt with Michael Sam, extending Tavon. He sees shiny objects, and just jumps at them. Of course he thinks Fisher is worthy of extending. It's all arguably his fault, so he can think Fisher is unlucky.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
According to some 49ers players, they kmew what routes were coming presnap. That's a coaching fail. Extending Fisher now seems like madness after that. Yeah, they don't have a quarterback yet, but it didn't look like they had a coach either...

davidonmi

Reaction score
Threedee":1jyysf4b said:
I blame the GM, Les Snead. Selling the farm for Goff, that publicity stunt with Michael Sam, extending Tavon. He sees shiny objects, and just jumps at them. Of course he thinks Fisher is worthy of extending. It's all arguably his fault, so he can think Fisher is unlucky.
fisher hasn't won a playoff game in 13 years spanning 2 different stops and 3 cities.
blame snead all you want, and you can as his roster construction is an atrocity but at some point it's on fisher

HawkGA

Reaction score
I think y'all are looking at this all wrong. To me, this is a sign that anybody can succeed in America. If you ever find yourself down on your luck, if you think you just can't make it, just remind yourself, if Jeff Fisher can get a contract extension, you should be able to accomplish anything you want too.

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
If true, the guy has damning photos/videos on Rams top brass and only he, Snead and one other unknown, unnamed individual has copies. Like, it HAS to be something like Stan and Demoff doing unthinkable things to endangered wildlife on federally protected land with objects stolen from Area 51. Fisher will RETIRE as the Lalambs HC. Wow!