Dan Fouts

davidonmi

Reaction score
He was absolutely brutal to listen to today.
The TD to baldwin obviously stands out when he was certain of it being a pick play OPI when it wasn't even close to that, but I can remember at least one more time when I was scratching my head at his commentary. Also not a natural broadcasting voice.
Am I alone in thinking this?

King Dog

Reaction score
That was hilarious when they played the replay after Fouts said the officials were all over it

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
I was at the game so didn't hear him. He's usually very good so am surprised by the negative comments here. Sounds like he whiffed on at least one call and badly.

Hawks46

Reaction score
He's not a bad color guy, but I think his eyes are going. He whiffed on a few today, but I'd take him over half the guys out there for sure.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
davidonmi":2lkmkzzm said:
He was absolutely brutal to listen to today.
The TD to baldwin obviously stands out when he was certain of it being a pick play OPI when it wasn't even close to that, but I can remember at least one more time when I was scratching my head at his commentary. Also not a natural broadcasting voice.
Am I alone in thinking this?

I didn't like his commentary either.

schkoot

Reaction score
I dunno... I thought he did a decent job. I especially liked the homage to how hard it was to play in the kingdome.

OpHawk

Reaction score
Same feeling here. There were a handful of instances where he referenced Russell's injury eliminating the QB sneak or QB draw that clearly showed he didn't know what he was talking about. If he'd paid any real attention to the franchise with Wilson he'd have known those plays are non-existent in our playbook. Might be nitpicking but these guys are suppose to be professionals at the height of their craft. Seems like some just go through the motions.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
Well the Fin fans had to take it out on someone on the lost, Dan Fouts is their man.

Nothinbutm

Reaction score
I thought his objectivity was fine. The Fins are crying bias but he even said the flag thrown when ADB caught the TD was a pick by Kearse and the zebras were calling it. Anyone who could see two feet to their screen would have initially seen Jevon was nowhere near picking a defender. He had a couple knee-jerk calls like that. That commentary was benefiting the Fins so I'm simply using that one as an example.

All that being said, I honestly can't stand his voice at all.

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
I did like his comment about the Kingdome (paraphrase "Now the Kindgome was loud, but it was nothing like this place"). You should know Dan, you should know... ;)

253hawk

Reaction score
CBS is just all-around the worst. Bland production, bad/vanilla commentators, boring pre and post-game, and their picture quality and color seem sub-par. Thankfully they cover the AFC most of the time.

Weird that CBS is covering our game vs. the Eagles this season though. What's up with that?

DavidSeven

Reaction score
253hawk":43tumko0 said:
CBS is just all-around the worst. Bland production, bad/vanilla commentators, boring pre and post-game, and their picture quality and color seem sub-par. Thankfully they cover the AFC most of the time.

Agree with this wholeheartedly.

It is almost like it's their intent to put out the blandest, most inoffensive product. Maybe it is. But the overal production and the consistent droning sound they pass as color commentary lag pretty far behind NBC, FOX, etc.

Maulbert

Reaction score
253hawk":7p742y39 said:

Weird that CBS is covering our game vs. the Eagles this season though. What's up with that?

CBS covered our game against the Bears last season. I don't understand the full particulars of the deal, but apparently when the new TV contracts kicked it, the NFL allowed for cross conference broadcasting so all the networks can show 'desirable' games.

The "cross flex" mechanism will serve a similar purpose. Select games can be flexed between CBS and FOX. In the past, a game with two NFC teams had to be on FOX and a game with two AFC teams had to be on CBS. Now, the league can theoretically move an all-NFC game to CBS or an all-AFC game to FOX in select cases. This will help balance out the television schedule, especially in a week where one network has all the most intriguing games.

Unfortunately, this is the only article I could find on it:

http://www.dailynorseman.com/2014/4/23/5644686/changes-coming-for-nfl-flex-scheduling-rules

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
He ruined the GWTD.

Instead of being able to cheer that -- I was sat on the sofa waiting for the penalty call he stated as fact. Thanks Dan.

Latest posts