Arizona police seeking charges against Clemons Cards safety

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
homerun1970":2pwm6r20 said:
What is with the culture of athletes to do this kind of bs?

Last thing I read is the crime rate with pro athletes is like 10-12%? So that's not too far off with the general population's crime stats.

I just think the media focuses on it a lot because it sells and gets clicks.

But in general most pro athletes have been told they walk on water from age 10, so that probably contributes to them not exactly growing up into responsible adults. Entitled is a good word.

kobebryant

Reaction score

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
I never take reports of trouble concerning athletes at face value given the fact there are a lot of people looking to get them in compromising positions. It's a big reason why Wilson gives nothing real to the media and sticks to his inner circle.

OP
OP
H

homerun1970

Reaction score
To me if I were in a position to lose millions for one action, I would be sure to not put myself in that position. Same way as my commercial license is tied into my job so I will not be out drinking and driving anytime soon.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
It again depends on context.

Why did he hit her? Was it instigated? Was he defending himself?

We've advanced as a society where we no longer treat women like children, in terms of responsibility, authority & opportunity they are afforded. So the blanked "OMG you hit a woman!" no longer applies. OR shouldn't.

Some people absolutely deserve or earn a punch in the face. Sometimes it is a man, sometimes a woman. And being an *sshole seems to be pretty equal opportunity.

Not saying that the victim is one, but I'm saying I am not sure if I care until I know two things:

1 - Was this unprovoked or an irrational response? (ie she pushes him and he responds by punching her in the face, or he hates the color of her shirt, etc. If that, yes, then it is probably bad.

2 - Does this affect his playing time and if so, by how much? Is he out 1 game? 3? 7? etc.

If he was in the wrong, or doing the "get out of my way I am an athlete" thing (which I have seen by the way with other athletes), or harassing HER - by all means, make the punishment significant.

But just because he assaulted someone does not come close to automatically meaning he was the bad guy. Again, HE COULD certainly be the bad guy here, but there isn't enough information to arrive at a judgement here.

While I am aware he "broke the law", I don't have enough information to know I should care beyond the fine/probation or potential jail time the law would require.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Per the police report: He was intoxicated and punched a woman in the face, knocking her out.

It will be interesting to see how this turns out vs what happened to Ray Rice. People seem to have a more visceral reaction when they see a video, versus reading about it.

BirdsCommaAngry

Reaction score
We've got to change this culture of blaming the culture for all our problems!!!!!!!11

HawkGA

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":83w8jpq2 said:
Sac":83w8jpq2 said:
Bye, Chris.

This is not our Chris Clemons though. Just to clarify.

That's a clarification that would be much more helpful in the subject line of the OP. I guess the fact it was in NFL Nation and not the main board should have been a hint, but I still didn't realize it.