OP
OP
pmedic920

pmedic920

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":10or2tjx said:
South Florida????

Yea, they made a point in saying that.
At this point it's Miami but I'm thinking a new stadium is in the works, and Miami proper may not be the exact location.
Just an assumption on my part.

HawkGA

Reaction score
fenderbender123":3opqbgl7 said:
South Florida is my favorite city. It's located in Florida.

But what part of Florida?

RedAlice

Reaction score
pmedic920":2yros0mc said:
Sports Hernia":2yros0mc said:
South Florida????

Yea, they made a point in saying that.
At this point it's Miami but I'm thinking a new stadium is in the works, and Miami proper may not be the exact location.
Just an assumption on my part.

It will be held at the Dolphins current stadium, which was just newly renovated - the New Miami Stadium. I think Ross spent some $450m on it.

Looks like the committee called themselves South Florida, not sure why. They are referred to as the South Florida Super Bowl Committee in all of the articles.

http://www.local10.com/sports/nfl/south ... r-bowl-liv

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Minnesota got a Superbowl? If Minnesota can get a SB, Seattle should surely get one. How does this city keep biting itself in the foot where big sporting events are concerned. Just unbelievable.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
hawkfan68":3ru09l6e said:
Minnesota got a Superbowl? If Minnesota can get a SB, Seattle should surely get one. How does this city keep biting itself in the foot where big sporting events are concerned. Just unbelievable.
The NFL probably looks at how our politicians treated the NBA and asks themselves why they should bother.

Maulbert

Reaction score
hawkfan68":2xp0hk24 said:

Minnesota is getting a Super Bowl because it's building an indoor stadium. Seattle would also need to apply to host a Super Bowl as well, but probably wouldn't be considered with an outdoor stadium in a northern city, anyway. The one real attempt we made for a Super Bowl was attempted by the Nordstrom family, but when they sold to Behring, he nixxed Seattle's application.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
hawkfan68":wywpmlev said:
I don't want one here. I don't want another team raising a Lombardi trophy in Seattle unless it's the Hawks.

mrt144

Reaction score
hawkfan68":1lorr1sz said:

Because we don't have nearly the hotel infrastructure to do so, among other reasons having to do with how the NFL basically wants everything gratis.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Maulbert":1kwef93g said:
hawkfan68":1kwef93g said:

Minnesota is getting a Super Bowl because it's building an indoor stadium. Seattle would also need to apply to host a Super Bowl as well, but probably wouldn't be considered with an outdoor stadium in a northern city, anyway. The one real attempt we made for a Super Bowl was attempted by the Nordstrom family, but when they sold to Behring, he nixxed Seattle's application.

Vikings stadium is pretty awesome and they are opening against the Packers this year in it I believe. I think they are hosting the Final Four in a few years too. The infrastructure around there is probably way better than Seattle to be honest, plus indoor stadium.

RedAlice

Reaction score
hawkfan68":3r06qcmo said:

Seems pretty obvious on how they are making their SB decisions.

Minnesota - built a new stadium, gets a SB soon after.

Atlanta - builds a new stadium - gets a SB soon after

Miami - puts $450 Million into renovations of their stadium to improve it - gets a SB soon after

Los Angeles - builds a new stadium - gets a SB soon after

Not much thought needed on this one.

chris98251

Reaction score
Seattle builds new Stadium and has a non good ole boys club owner and the seating capacity if needed and gets told we may consider you back when it was new.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
chris98251":1xk2x9if said:
Seattle builds new Stadium and has a non good ole boys club owner and the seating capacity if needed and gets told we may consider you back when it was new.
The city of Seattle doesn't want a superbowl. They have never made a serious effort to make it happen.

Our political will for sporting interests has dwindled drastically in the last 20 years.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

RedAlice

Reaction score
chris98251":1ysd1vqc said:

Your boy certainly has pull when he wants and if he wants it. Hence why he was so pivotal to the Rams moving back to LA.

He was one of the owners who spoke and everyone listened. So, I'm sure if he wanted a SB he would get one - maybe he does not want one.

chris98251

Reaction score
RedAlice":1oz448z0 said:
chris98251":1oz448z0 said:

Your boy certainly has pull when he wants and if he wants it. Hence why he was so pivotal to the Rams moving back to LA.

He was one of the owners who spoke and everyone listened. So, I'm sure if he wanted a SB he would get one - maybe he does not want one.

This is after three Super Bowl appearances, having a Coach that was on the Competition committee and had started attending the League meetings instead of sending a representative.

When you win they listen and start wanting you in their club house, Jerry Jones was a loud mouth when he was a owner at first also and nobody took him serious till after Jimmy won him his Super Bowls.

He had just fired a couple of legends in Tex Schram and Tom Landry.

Paul saved football in Seattle, but his first love was the Trial Blazers. He hired guys to be his football guys and Mouthpiece at first. Bob Whitsitt was his first Voice.

The Hotel argument had been brought up before, but we managed to have several other National events here, NCAA Tournament when we still had the Kingdome, WTO, in the late 90's. In fact the Clink was built to expand to 79,000 plus to accommodate a Super Bowl at that time.

Latest posts