Jed York is confirmed cheap

Marvin49

Reaction score
Edit:

NM...pointless conversation. I'm not gonna engage.

TheRealDTM

Reaction score
Kawi lost a bet, Jed is a dick for picking one of the most expensive restaurants he could and ordering expensive food but he's a spoiled little bitch he probably doesn't understand that normal people can't afford $2k lunches.

rlkats

Reaction score
So I have been gone a bit ( vacation in Cancun). Get back to hear some good football talk and guess who starts a worthless thread no. Other than Ninester thank god I'm home hahahaha

Laloosh

Reaction score
rlkats":1lhuhrwg said:
So I have been gone a bit ( vacation in Cancun). Get back to hear some good football talk and guess who starts a worthless thread no. Other than Ninester thank god I'm home hahahaha
How was it? (Cancun)

BirdsCommaAngry

Reaction score
I have a few questions for my fellow Seahawks fans.

Lets say we have a friend who watches Game of Thrones every week. She's seen every season and has even read all of the books the show is based on. Despite how often she watches the show, all she seems to do is complain about it. She points out what she thinks doesn't make sense, how things were so different and so much better in the books, and how bad she thinks the show has become overall. Regardless, she continues on checking for information about upcoming casting choices, discussing both the show and books online, and still meets up with various friends to watch Game of Thrones each and every week that it's being broadcast.

Yes or no, would you say this friend of ours is a fan of the Game of Thrones TV show?

Lets say we have another friend. Like us this friend is a Seahawks fan. When he's not busy getting up to date on the most recent Seahawk news, he also follows what's happening with the San Francisco 49ers. He knows who a fair number of their FO members, players, and coaches are. He can speak at length about the numerous problems the 49ers organization has been experiencing and has a few delightful theories about specifically why they've done so poorly in recent years. He frequently interacts with 49er fans over the internet to discuss the 49ers team and debate opinions about their organization. Even on his favorite Seahawks message board, some of the topics found there about the 49ers will often be the first ones he looks at. He has done this for several years now.

Yes or no, would you say Sports Herni- I mean, this friend of ours is also a fan of the San Francisco 49ers?

If you said the first person was a fan and the second was not, do you think there's anything inconsistent about how you went about making these decisions?

rlkats

Reaction score
Laloosh":1coibgsx said:
rlkats":1coibgsx said:
How was it? (Cancun)

Amazing. Brand new resort called breathless Rivera. All inclusive adults only. Highly recommend people go.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
TheRealDTM":dh297xva said:
Kawi lost a bet, Jed is a dick for picking one of the most expensive restaurants he could and ordering expensive food but he's a spoiled little bitch he probably doesn't understand that normal people can't afford $2k lunches.

Agreed with all of this, but anyone who has any familiarity with journalism knows that it was the Merc which picked up the tab. Maybe TK got some crap for it from his bosses or had to pay out of pocket on the tip (why he lowballed on it to begin with and then went back and paid it), but this story to me sounds like two @ssholes acting as they are.

No doubt Jed is immature and a jerk and was trying to send a message to him, though. And very much another example of the immaturity of Jed and his inability to play the long game.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
BirdsCommaAngry":10pqzk7p said:

Lets say we have a friend who watches Game of Thrones every week. She's seen every season and has even read all of the books the show is based on. Despite how often she watches the show, all she seems to do is complain about it. She points out what she thinks doesn't make sense, how things were so different and so much better in the books, and how bad she thinks the show has become overall. Regardless, she continues on checking for information about upcoming casting choices, discussing both the show and books online, and still meets up with various friends to watch Game of Thrones each and every week that it's being broadcast.

Yes or no, would you say this friend of ours is a fan of the Game of Thrones TV show?

Lets say we have another friend. Like us this friend is a Seahawks fan. When he's not busy getting up to date on the most recent Seahawk news, he also follows what's happening with the San Francisco 49ers. He knows who a fair number of their FO members, players, and coaches are. He can speak at length about the numerous problems the 49ers organization has been experiencing and has a few delightful theories about specifically why they've done so poorly in recent years. He frequently interacts with 49er fans over the internet to discuss the 49ers team and debate opinions about their organization. Even on his favorite Seahawks message board, some of the topics found there about the 49ers will often be the first ones he looks at. He has done this for several years now.

Yes or no, would you say Sports Herni- I mean, this friend of ours is also a fan of the San Francisco 49ers?

If you said the first person was a fan and the second was not, do you think there's anything inconsistent about how you went about making these decisions?
I assure you, I am not a fan of the niners, but I do enjoy their many losses. 8)

Laloosh

Reaction score
rlkats":18sr8g93 said:
Laloosh":18sr8g93 said:
rlkats":18sr8g93 said:
How was it? (Cancun)

Amazing. Brand new resort called breathless Rivera. All inclusive adults only. Highly recommend people go.
That sounds fantastic. I've never done the Mexican beach resort vacation. Still on the list.

San Diego is a semi-regular trip but I need to get south of the border some time.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
BirdsCommaAngry":1mrbb1zj said:

You're talking about the difference between fans an anti-fans.

Generally I think every sports team has three "types" of fans:

1) Fans (as we regularly think about them)

2) Anti-fans ( http://www.yourdictionary.com/anti-fan )

3) What Emily Nussbaum calls "bad fans" ( http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2014/ ... y-nussbaum -- For football teams these are basically fans that go about their fandom the wrong way: they despair and lash out every time their team doesn't break the bank at the top of the FA market; they get furious whenever their team doesn't draft the mediocre skill position player who ran the fastest 40 time at his position at the combine; they blame their team's offensive coordinator if the team loses because their QB threw a pick or their RB fumbles the ball, etc., etc.).

rideaducati

Reaction score
BirdsCommaAngry":2tyb5vvl said:

For some, me included, it is fun to watch the incredible fall the niners and their organization have taken while remembering ALL the smack talk from their fans who thought they had the best team in the World. I'm sure that if/when the Seahawks drop back, they too will revel in our misery.

We aren't "fans" of the niners, but we are fans of what they have become. This couldn't have happened to a more deserving fan base.

Watching the niners lose comes in a very close second place to watching the Seahawks win. It isn't because they are the Seahawks biggest rival, it is because of their fan base and how obnoxious they have been since Al Gore invented the internet and niner fan found a way to use it.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
^^^ Yep. You're an anti-fan.

Plenty of Hawks anti-fans among the 9ers fanbase too.

Marvin49

Reaction score
rlkats":7z8fr466 said:

...and thats why I deleted my response.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Another day, another highly embarrassing story involving either the 49ers or Jed York,

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Popeyejones":2aafq0n4 said:
^^^ Yep. You're an anti-fan.

Plenty of Hawks anti-fans among the 9ers fanbase too.

Well since fan is short for fanatic being an anti fan would mean you just don't care.

I consider myself a fanatic regarding there demise and failure and for precisely the reasons stated above. The 49er fans that I have delt with are mostly ingnorant troll types. Not all. We have some good ones here but most of the ones I know in real life as well as the ones I read on line.

I kind of feel bad for the good ones because that fan base has been over run by entitled morons.

kearly

Reaction score
Can Jed York be fired? If not, you guys are screwed. Guy is in his mid-30s.