Seahawks warn Cardinals about Carolina Turf

ivotuk

Reaction score
The Seahawks didn't play as well as they hoped against the Panthers last week, and some blamed the ineffectiveness on the poor turf in Charlotte. The field may play a factor again in Carolina's upcoming game against the Cardinals, so Seattle thought it might offer a little advice.

Arizona's equipment staff informed players of what cleats to use after talking with Seattle. It's not clear which team initially made contact, but the Seahawks were willing to help out a division rival.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl-news/46 ... ons-cleats

BirdsCommaAngry

Reaction score
Ha! It'll be interesting to see if the condition of the field becomes a bigger narrative if AZ dominates them.

massari

Reaction score
Does anyone know why the Seahawks didn't figure this out in the pre game warm up?

peppersjap

Reaction score
I doubt they would have done the same for Harbaugh! Larry Fitzgerald makes the Card's likeable unless they are playing us, Go Card's!

rlkats

Reaction score
ivotuk":1ii3g6c1 said:
The Seahawks didn't play as well as they hoped against the Panthers last week, and some blamed the ineffectiveness on the poor turf in Charlotte. The field may play a factor again in Carolina's upcoming game against the Cardinals, so Seattle thought it might offer a little advice.

Arizona's equipment staff informed players of what cleats to use after talking with Seattle. It's not clear which team initially made contact, but the Seahawks were willing to help out a division rival.

While the field was not great but that was not the factor for the bad play in the first half. Wilsons pick 6 was not turf related. And your 24 points in the 2nd half was not turf related. It was more of a fast start for Carolina and a slow start for the hawks. Carolina took the 2nd half off. The Hawks finally atracked the week spot. The secondary. If the play was better in the first half you would have won easy.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
rlkats":3voslt9w said:
ivotuk":3voslt9w said:

While the field was not great but that was not the factor for the bad play in the first half. Wilsons pick 6 was not turf related. And your 24 points in the 2nd half was not turf related. It was more of a fast start for Carolina and a slow start for the hawks. Carolina took the 2nd half off. The Hawks finally atracked the week spot. The secondary. If the play was better in the first half you would have won easy.
So you don't think the QB pressure Wilson faced could be because O-line players were outfitted poorly?

It's all part of the picture.

NINEster

Reaction score
I can't recall a single time that Candlestick Park was ever singled out as a reason for a team struggling in the post season there, and those January fields were often muddy.

Blame goes to Seahawk staff, then.

Figure out the field before hand.

rlkats

Reaction score
Scottemojo":3k6ckwm7 said:
rlkats":3k6ckwm7 said:
ivotuk":3k6ckwm7 said:

So you don't think the QB pressure Wilson faced could be because O-line players were outfitted poorly?

No I don't. I watched the game. The oline was being destroyed. The hawks oline while improved this season towards the end still allowed a bunch of qb pressure. I think the first half was a lethargic hawks offense. The second half is a accurate rep of the hawks. But the hawks did yhis all year. Play an amazing half and a slow half. There is a thread that even states this from other hawk fans. This time the deficit was to great to overcome. The field was sloppy yes but do you really believe that longer spikes would have made the first half different?

I seen a slow and nonexistent hawks offense, putting the D ina bad spot. It wasnt til the second half that the O kicked ass and was very impressive.

rlkats

Reaction score
Also Scottemojo Wilson was sacked 45 times this year. Was all this because of the oline not properly outfitted? If memory serves me correct the Rams sacked Russel Wilson a bunch. So this is why I say no to incorrect gear. This gas been the olines issue all year.

It is easy to come up with excuses for a loss. Remember thats what us (what do you guys call it) whinner fans do. ;)

scutterhawk

Reaction score
rlkats":217scqgl said:
ivotuk":217scqgl said:

Yeah, I don't want to hear how the well rested Panthers came out all bright eyed and bushy tailed against a team that had just played their second 10:AM game in in consecutive Weeks (7:AM West Coast, inner clock time)
They got to rest up and prepare for the better team, for which they BARELY were able to hang on for the win.
The Panthers didn't "TOOK" any damned time off in the second half, their advantages started to dissipate when the Seahawk's inner clocks had moved ahead.
These are scientific FACTS...... OH AND, it just came across on TV, that the Game was going to be re-scheduled for the Panthers -- Cards because of the DAMNED SNOW....You know?, just like the Minus 27 degrees wind chilling cold that the Seahawks had played in Minni. the week before having to play in 50s degree weather in Georgia the following week.
Can't have the Panthers, or the Cards disadvantaged by having to deal with the extraordinary cold & snow, eh? :roll: ....EXCUSES
WOW!, I just saw that the game is still on...The NFL thinks that the Panthers will probably have a big advantage, playing a team that isn't use to playing in the kind of shit weather, me?, I hope it comes back to bite them in the ass.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Scottemojo":2342awuz said:

I think the QB pressure Wilson faced is more likely a result of the obvious: A Panthers defensive line that played exceptionally all year outmatched a Seahawks offensive line that ranked as one of the worst in the league all year.

TBH I think it's pretty odd to complain about the abysmal quality of a team's offensive line all year and then to turn around and dismiss those problems as a single game turf problem instead.

You agree that the Panthers d-line performed very well this year while the Hawks o-line performed very poorly this year, right?

kearly

Reaction score
Scottemojo":1ybuwott said:

I thought the OL suffered from the issue more than any other group. The difference in their play between the first few series and the rest of the game was night and day.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Popeyejones":1ur57bcv said:
Scottemojo":1ur57bcv said:

I think the QB pressure Wilson faced is more likely a result of the obvious: A Panthers defensive line that played exceptionally all year outmatched a Seahawks offensive line that ranked as one of the worst in the league all year.

TBH I think it's pretty odd to complain about the abysmal quality of a team's offensive line all year and then to turn around and dismiss those problems as a single game turf problem instead.

You agree that the Panthers d-line performed very well this year while the Hawks o-line performed very poorly this year, right?
I'm saying the following as a general statement......To say the field wasn't a factor would be being dishonest or at least disingenuous at best, watch the very first play from scrimmage where 2 Seattle defensive players slipped on their asses like they stepped on banana peels. Now, with that being said, it is SEATTLE'S fault for not realizing this in pregame and taking so long to adjust their cleats to the proper ones.

Having proper cleats is always the responsibility of the players themselves and equipment staff.

rlkats

Reaction score
Hey Sports Hernia. I wasnt insinuating that the field made NO difference, but was attempting to say was. The pressure, pick 6, sacks was not due to the field. IF IF the oline men were falling on their tails, maybe but I dont see it. Im sure it affected the hawks D more than the O. The Offense was killed by lethargic play and turnovers. At the end of the day great game.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Popeyejones":2hsd7327 said:
Scottemojo":2hsd7327 said:

Clearly true facts. Also part of the picture.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
rlkats":3qt99z8d said:
Hey Sports Hernia. I wasnt insinuating that the field made NO difference, but was attempting to say was. The pressure, pick 6, sacks was not due to the field. IF IF the oline men were falling on their tails, maybe but I dont see it. Im sure it affected the hawks D more than the O. The Offense was killed by lethargic play and turnovers. At the end of the day great game.

I agree with most of your original post Kats, my point being that the field was a factor, but it should have been negated in pregame and not have been a factor at kickoff if proper precautions were taken when they should have been, and that's on the Hawks.

drdiags

Reaction score
What's ironic is that many fans dreaded having to go to Washington because of the experience of playing at FedEx field in 2012. Not sure why the team couldn't determine the type of cleats needed after warming up prior to the game against the Panthers. They showed Kevin Williams almost falling on his butt doing a simple pattern in front of Carroll pre-game.

This team definitely keeps it interesting.

31 freaking points.

EDIT: Just saw the warning about bringing up the unmentionable off-topic so removing even the slightest mention to abide by the rules and to keep my posting privileges.