Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Chip Kelly hired by sf

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Re: Chip Kelly hired by sf
Mon Jan 18, 2016 4:08 pm
    In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties in the course of 5,703 pass plays.
    First Round Inductee To Hall Of Fame 2014
    ESPN #1 Rated Seahawks Player of All Time
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:35 pm
  • KitsapGuy wrote:

LMAO . . . Chip gonna Chip.
    hawknation2015
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:54 pm
  • hawknation2015 wrote:
    KitsapGuy wrote:

LMAO . . . Chip gonna Chip.

Oh my god. No way. Please
    rlkats
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:03 pm
  • Who wants to play for the Santa Clara Ducks?
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*

Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:09 am
  • Scottemojo wrote:Who wants to play for the Santa Clara Ducks?

You mean besides JSeahawks?
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:16 am
  • So now that some pieces are kinda falling into place, things are starting to make a bit more sense.

Last year, the 49ers tried to interview Eagles WR coach Bob Bicknell for OC. The Eagles denied the request. Bicknell BTW, will be the 49er WR coach under Kelly.

Then in OTAs and preseason they installed a "tempo" offense of their own (5th in the NFL in shortest time between snaps). I think they wanted to do something like this LAST year and they couldn't get a coordinator who knew how to do it to work for Tomsula so just ended up hiring Chryst who TRIED to run a tempo offense.

Not so much.

I have no idea if Chips offense will work in the NFL (I have my doubts), but I think the reality is that they've been trying to do something LIKE this for 2 years.
    Last edited by Marvin49 on Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:17 am
  • Of course they were Marvin.

Keep the spin machine rolling.
    theENGLISHseahawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:29 am
  • kearly wrote:
    Scottemojo wrote:Who wants to play for the Santa Clara Ducks?

I was a qb in high school, could throw the ball with the best of them but my 40 time was slower then probably every 300 pound player in the league, so unfortunately I don't fit his offense.

I did read a tweet that chip and 49er scouts were spending time with Vernon Adams at the senior bowl though. Looking for their own version of Russell Wilson perhaps.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:50 am
  • JSeahawks wrote:
    kearly wrote:
    Scottemojo wrote:Who wants to play for the Santa Clara Ducks?

I was a qb in high school, could throw the ball with the best of them but my 40 time was slower then probably every 300 pound player in the league, so unfortunately I don't fit his offense.

I did read a tweet that chip and 49er scouts were spending time with Vernon Adams at the senior bowl though. Looking for their own version of Russell Wilson perhaps.

I saw that too.

Obviously they'll be looking at everyone, but it makes me wonder if the pick at #7 won't be a QB.

I've thought for a few weeks that Myles Jack makes ALOT of sense there.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:18 am
  • BTW, 49ers interviewing Mike Vrabel for DC and Hardy Nickerson for LB Coach today.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:12 am
  • Marvin49 wrote:
    Then in OTAs and preseason they installed a "tempo" offense of their own (5th in the NFL in shortest time between snaps). I think they wanted to do something like this LAST year and they couldn't get a coordinator who knew how to do it to work for Tomsula so just ended up hiring Chryst who TRIED to run a tempo offense.

Not so much.

I have no idea if Chips offense will work in the NFL (I have my doubts), but I think the reality is that they've been trying to do something LIKE this for 2 years.

Well, using 48 seconds of the 45 second play clock wasn't working very well...they HAD to do something.
    rideaducati
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:13 am
  • rideaducati wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:

Not so much.

Well, using 48 seconds of the 45 second play clock wasn't working very well...they HAD to do something.

Legit LOL. :D

BTW...don't be TOO upset about losing this weekend. If the Seahawks had made the SB they might have had to swim to the stadium. Raining cats and dogs right now. Could be a wet Super Bowl.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:00 pm
  • I don't like the hire. Never liked Kelly or his philosophy. All I see are his teams going 3 and out every 45 seconds. Then the D will be out for 5 or 6 minutes, and repeat. I do not think it can be successful in the NFL without the exact players needed, which we do not have.
    Pak40.
    NET Rookie

Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:23 pm
  • Lords of Scythia wrote:
    EverydayImRusselin wrote:The only thing that worries me is Kaepernick is light years better than Foles/Sanchez/Bradford and I think Chip can build an offense around him.

I've always thought he would be effective in a read-option offense. Although the crucial element here is actually READING THE DEFENSE -- something Wilson is a genius at, and Kaep is...
    ...unknown at this time.

LMAO.

Wilson is a GENIUS at reading defenses?

Yeah, we saw that this weekend alright.

Please, before you go throwing stones.....
    NINEster
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:22 am
  • Jason Cole reporting that 49ers went with Chip Kelly because Mike Shanahan wanted to get rid of Kap.

....but then again Jason Cole also reported Willis might return from retirement, the 49ers would interview David Shaw, and that the Raiders and Chargers were moving to LA.

IE...big grain of salt.
    Last edited by Marvin49 on Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:29 am
  • Lords of Scythia wrote:
    EverydayImRusselin wrote:The only thing that worries me is Kaepernick is light years better than Foles/Sanchez/Bradford and I think Chip can build an offense around him.

I've always thought he would be effective in a read-option offense. Although the crucial element here is actually READING THE DEFENSE -- something Wilson is a genius at, and Kaep is...
    ...unknown at this time.

Don't let Chip Kelly hear you calling it a read-option, or he'll dress you down in front of everyone like he did Grant Cohn in his introductory press conference. ZONE-READ, not read-option...

Also Wilson doesn't even need to read defenses. Most of his picks come from in the pocket and most of his amazing plays come off of play-action or after pulling a Ginger Bread man on the defense.
    5_Golden_Rings
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:42 am
  • 5_Golden_Rings wrote:
    Lords of Scythia wrote:

...unknown at this time.

Don't let Chip Kelly hear you calling it a read-option, or he'll dress you down in front of everyone like he did Grant Cohn in his introductory press conference. ZONE-READ, not read-option...

Also Wilson doesn't even need to read defenses. Most of his picks come from in the pocket and most of his amazing plays come off of play-action or after pulling a Ginger Bread man on the defense.

I saw that. My favorite part of the Press Conference.

Cohns are morons.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:44 pm
  • 5_Golden_Rings wrote:
    Lords of Scythia wrote:

...unknown at this time.

I agree, with you.....Wilson's first two picks on Sunday came from the pocket.
    NINEster
    NET Veteran

Previous

It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:12 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information