Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Chip Kelly hired by sf

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Re: Chip Kelly hired by sf
Fri Jan 15, 2016 3:09 pm
  • NINEster wrote:You guys are speculating way too much that this will be 2015 Eagles West.

    If Kelly took over for Pete Carroll, would you think the Hawks would be a cellar dwellar right away? You think the defense would turn to garbage?

    I think Kelly will take a look at his schemes and adjust accordingly. Everybody here is critiquing the offensive tempo but not the scheme itself, and also whether the players themselves are culpable for the failure.

    If Kelly runs his offense at league average speed, then what?

    People here like to overrate Wilson, Rawls, Lynch, Baldwin, etc. and underrate their OL and OC. When I see undrafted WRs getting wide open on quick reads, I'm supposed to believe it's their HoF QB doing it all by himself?

    I'm still waiting to see who Kelly brings in at DC and staff.....if he brings in a Pettine or Ray Horton, it could be exciting.

    The Niners are still a defensive team and still a running team, which gets lost in the entire Chip Kelly saga. His biggest offensive stat I believe was YPC in the run game, which is something the 49ers are in position to do better than many teams (if they can shore up their OL).

    And as far as this has to do with the 49er/Seahawk rivalry, I'm sorry but there's no way the 49er offense could be any worse against Seattle than it was under Harbaugh 2014 and Tomsula 2015.

    Also, what do we make of Kelly's awesome special teams with Philly? The same one that singlehandledly beat the Patriots several weeks back.

    There's no guarantee Kelly comes in an makes the 49ers a playoff team, but to think the Niners are guaranteed to be garbage is typical blind Hawk hate.


    I think the offense would be pretty good..but thats because Russell Wilson is literally THE QB for Chips system...there is nobody better he could find
    Image

    "Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does"
    User avatar
    WilsonMVP
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2530
    Joined: Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:40 am


Re: Chip Kelly hired by sf
Fri Jan 15, 2016 3:25 pm
  • WilsonMVP wrote:
    CPHawk wrote:I'd bet SF had a similar thread when we hired Pete. I bet he turns them around a lot faster than the Rams get turned into a winner.


    Pete actually did something in college though....and had actual NFL experience before college.

    DB coach 5 years with 2 teams
    DC for 5 years with 2 teams
    HC for 4 years with 2 teams

    At USC pete won 34 straight games


    Pete has an amazing track record, but let's not forget that prior to the Seahawks he was widely considered an NFL bust.

    Harbaugh and Kelly have had far superior first NFL HC regimes than Carroll and that's not up for debate (hell you could include Belichick in that too).

    Now, this is nothing to say about potential coaching abilities as Carroll and Belichick have rebounded quite nicely and are considered elite head coaches in the NFL. And their work as coordinators were always top notch too.

    But let's not forget those early '90s Jets teams or those late '90s Patriots teams.
    NINEster
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1453
    Joined: Sat May 19, 2012 7:06 pm


Re: Chip Kelly hired by sf
Fri Jan 15, 2016 3:41 pm
  • NINEster wrote:But let's not forget those early '90s Jets teams or those late '90s Patriots teams.


    Yeah, let's not forget that Pete won 6 games his only season as the head coach of the Jets and was replaced with a guy who only won 4 games over the next 2 seasons. Let's not forget Pete made the playoffs 2 out of 3 years with the Pats and never had a losing season there while having no say in personnel (confirmed by Bob Kraft). Pete's coaching record before he got to Seattle? 33-31. Not great, but people act like he was Marty Morninwheg before he got here.
    "Soon, the super karate monkey death car would park in my space. But Jimmy has fancy plans, and pants to match."

    - Excerpt from Jimmy James: Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
    User avatar
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3619
    Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:44 pm


Re: Chip Kelly hired by sf
Fri Jan 15, 2016 3:58 pm
  • Maulbert wrote:
    NINEster wrote:But let's not forget those early '90s Jets teams or those late '90s Patriots teams.


    Yeah, let's not forget that Pete won 6 games his only season as the head coach of the Jets and was replaced with a guy who only won 4 games over the next 2 seasons. Let's not forget Pete made the playoffs 2 out of 3 years with the Pats and never had a losing season there while having no say in personnel (confirmed by Bob Kraft). Pete's coaching record before he got to Seattle? 33-31. Not great, but people act like he was Marty Morninwheg before he got here.


    Not saying he was garbage, but people like to write off Harbaugh and Kelly here because they didn't win Super Bowls or have as good a record as Carroll the last few years.

    That's all I'm trying to say.

    So damn hard for NFL fans to just be a tad bit objective and neutral.
    NINEster
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1453
    Joined: Sat May 19, 2012 7:06 pm


Re: Chip Kelly hired by sf
Fri Jan 15, 2016 4:03 pm
  • I love how suddenly this is good news for Kaepernick. Yeah -- that's just what he needs. A third offensive coordinator in three years. A front office that was bad mouthing him to the national media during the season. A team that put all his jersey's on sale (and have now bumped up the price again because... Chip). And because Kelly used mobile quarterbacks at Oregon -- that means Kaepernick is suddenly going to be able to read a defense and make good decisions.

    If anything, Kelly's rocket pace offense will be a hindrance. He has to think even quicker than ever. Anyone who thinks he'll just be able to play one-read and run stuff like they do in college is having a laugh. Teams will just take away the run and force him to throw.

    Meanwhile that defense will be exhausted by week 6.

    What an absolute circus of a franchise. Stumbling and bumbling along.

    I'd be absolutely devastated if Jed owned my team.
    User avatar
    theENGLISHseahawk
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 10077
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:13 am


Re: Chip Kelly hired by sf
Fri Jan 15, 2016 4:22 pm
  • theENGLISHseahawk wrote:I love how suddenly this is good news for Kaepernick. Yeah -- that's just what he needs. A third offensive coordinator in three years. A front office that was bad mouthing him to the national media during the season. A team that put all his jersey's on sale (and have now bumped up the price again because... Chip). And because Kelly used mobile quarterbacks at Oregon -- that means Kaepernick is suddenly going to be able to read a defense and make good decisions.

    If anything, Kelly's rocket pace offense will be a hindrance. He has to think even quicker than ever. Anyone who thinks he'll just be able to play one-read and run stuff like they do in college is having a laugh. Teams will just take away the run and force him to throw.

    Meanwhile that defense will be exhausted by week 6.

    What an absolute circus of a franchise. Stumbling and bumbling along.

    I'd be absolutely devastated if Jed owned my team.





    Not that I agree with what the yorks and balke are doing, but lets be honest. Even IF there was a hire that was perfect or the niners did something correct you wouldn't give credit where it would be due. For the record im not thrilled with the Kelly hiring.

    So in the end does it really matter what we think. Um nope and nope.
    User avatar
    rlkats
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1549
    Joined: Tue May 15, 2012 7:42 pm


Re: Chip Kelly hired by sf
Fri Jan 15, 2016 4:27 pm
  • rlkats wrote:
    theENGLISHseahawk wrote:I love how suddenly this is good news for Kaepernick. Yeah -- that's just what he needs. A third offensive coordinator in three years. A front office that was bad mouthing him to the national media during the season. A team that put all his jersey's on sale (and have now bumped up the price again because... Chip). And because Kelly used mobile quarterbacks at Oregon -- that means Kaepernick is suddenly going to be able to read a defense and make good decisions.

    If anything, Kelly's rocket pace offense will be a hindrance. He has to think even quicker than ever. Anyone who thinks he'll just be able to play one-read and run stuff like they do in college is having a laugh. Teams will just take away the run and force him to throw.

    Meanwhile that defense will be exhausted by week 6.

    What an absolute circus of a franchise. Stumbling and bumbling along.

    I'd be absolutely devastated if Jed owned my team.





    Not that I agree with what the yorks and balke are doing, but lets be honest. Even IF there was a hire that was perfect or the niners did something correct you wouldn't give credit where it would be due. For the record im not thrilled with the Kelly hiring.

    So in the end does it really matter what we think. Um nope and nope.


    DING DING!!!

    What makes Kellys offense so good for Kap is not just that he's mobile, its that most of the reads are fairly simple.

    I have no idea if this will work, but this offense may protect Kap in the same way Romans did in 2012...giving him easy, defined looks and suppliment that with a really good run game and play action.

    Kaps demise has been trying to make him into something he's not.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5756
    Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:34 pm


Re: Chip Kelly hired by sf
Fri Jan 15, 2016 4:34 pm
  • Marvin49 wrote:
    rlkats wrote:
    theENGLISHseahawk wrote:I love how suddenly this is good news for Kaepernick. Yeah -- that's just what he needs. A third offensive coordinator in three years. A front office that was bad mouthing him to the national media during the season. A team that put all his jersey's on sale (and have now bumped up the price again because... Chip). And because Kelly used mobile quarterbacks at Oregon -- that means Kaepernick is suddenly going to be able to read a defense and make good decisions.

    If anything, Kelly's rocket pace offense will be a hindrance. He has to think even quicker than ever. Anyone who thinks he'll just be able to play one-read and run stuff like they do in college is having a laugh. Teams will just take away the run and force him to throw.

    Meanwhile that defense will be exhausted by week 6.

    What an absolute circus of a franchise. Stumbling and bumbling along.

    I'd be absolutely devastated if Jed owned my team.





    Not that I agree with what the yorks and balke are doing, but lets be honest. Even IF there was a hire that was perfect or the niners did something correct you wouldn't give credit where it would be due. For the record im not thrilled with the Kelly hiring.

    So in the end does it really matter what we think. Um nope and nope.


    DING DING!!!

    What makes Kellys offense so good for Kap is not just that he's mobile, its that most of the reads are fairly simple.

    I have no idea if this will work, but this offense may protect Kap in the same way Romans did in 2012...giving him easy, defined looks and suppliment that with a really good run game and play action.

    Kaps demise has been trying to make him into something he's not.


    Not like anyone besides Seattle thought Pete was a good hire in 2010, so why should I give the Niners credit? I thought Kelly would suck with the Eagles, I still think the same. The Niners have nothing to do with it. But them being Kelly's next victim does tickle me.
    "Soon, the super karate monkey death car would park in my space. But Jimmy has fancy plans, and pants to match."

    - Excerpt from Jimmy James: Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
    User avatar
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3619
    Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:44 pm


Re: Chip Kelly hired by sf
Fri Jan 15, 2016 4:57 pm
  • rlkats wrote:Even IF there was a hire that was perfect or the niners did something correct you wouldn't give credit where it would be due.


    Several posters, ENGLISH included, stated that Hue Jackson would be a great hire for the 49ers. And this is when all signs were pointing to him being hired.
    User avatar
    DavidSeven
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5746
    Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:15 am


Re: Chip Kelly hired by sf
Fri Jan 15, 2016 5:02 pm
  • I was nervous because I thought they would sign Hue Jackson. He would have been a great choice. I think Chip is the coaching equivalent of a whoopee cushion.
    User avatar
    rigelian
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 458
    Joined: Sat May 02, 2009 11:16 am


Re: Chip Kelly hired by sf
Fri Jan 15, 2016 5:08 pm
  • rlkats wrote:Not that I agree with what the yorks and balke are doing, but lets be honest. Even IF there was a hire that was perfect or the niners did something correct you wouldn't give credit where it would be due. For the record im not thrilled with the Kelly hiring.


    Of course I would give them credit. Go and find the Hue Jackson thread I started. Felt it would be a good hire and said so. But yeah, they botched that one (again).

    I'm not sure what Niners fans expect. The reason some of us are ultra critical of your team isn't because we're determined to oppose every move. It's because for the last two years the people running your franchise have just made one staggering decision after another. We have no choice but to be critical.

    And this Kelly hire, unfortunately, looks like another disaster waiting to happen. You've settled on Chip Kelly. A guy nobody else even wanted to interview after his unceremonious dumping in Philadelphia. You stumbled along, seemingly without any idea what it was you wanted in a Head Coach. And you were left choosing between Mike Shanahan and Chip Kelly. Good grief.

    That's not to say the Niners are the only franchise who has made a suspect appointment. Yet the apparent incompetence on show compared to the relatively effective way Miami and Cleveland went about their business is striking.

    What's more, you're now heading head first into a situation you were seemingly so keen to avoid in the past. Kelly has a way of doing things and needs a certain type of player to work into his vision. Does anyone seriously expect him to work hand in hand with Trent Baalke? And what happens when Baalke heads onto the field to continue coaching the DB's?

    It's a crying shame what is happening to the Niners and seriously -- there's no pleasure to take here (well, maybe a little). Jed York is a laughing stock. He's made the Niners an unattractive team to coach -- and a probable bottom feeder in the NFC for the next few years.
    User avatar
    theENGLISHseahawk
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 10077
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:13 am


Re: Chip Kelly hired by sf
Fri Jan 15, 2016 5:33 pm
  • DavidSeven wrote:From Sheil Kapadia, who covered the Eagles for ESPN during Chip's tenure until 2015 (when he started covering the Seahawks):

    In 2015, the Eagles ran an offensive play once every 22.21 seconds, the fastest in the NFL. Yet the offense ranked 26th in efficiency. There has been a narrative that Kelly was a good coach, but a bad GM. The truth is, that was not the case in 2015. The offense was a disaster. The Eagles' 67 turnovers in the past two seasons were the most in the NFL.

    When the tempo works, it can be breathtaking. When it doesn't, it paralyzes other aspects of the team. The Eagles' defense was on the field for 1,148 snaps last season, tops in the league. The team that played the fewest was the Seattle Seahawks: 947. That's a difference of 201 snaps, roughly three games' worth.

    Maybe that was a reason why the Eagles fell apart in 2014, going 1-3 down the stretch. They again played poorly in December this season, missing out on the playoffs for the second straight year.


    Just imagine if the Eagles played as many games as the hawks have over the last three years.
    User avatar
    HawkNuts
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 500
    Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:34 pm


Re: Chip Kelly hired by sf
Fri Jan 15, 2016 5:46 pm
  • theENGLISHseahawk wrote:That's not to say the Niners are the only franchise who has made a suspect appointment. Yet the apparent incompetence on show compared to the relatively effective way Miami and Cleveland went about their business is striking.


    I wonder the last time Cleveland was ever compared favorably to anybody in the way they handle their business.
    "Soon, the super karate monkey death car would park in my space. But Jimmy has fancy plans, and pants to match."

    - Excerpt from Jimmy James: Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
    User avatar
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3619
    Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:44 pm


Re: Chip Kelly hired by sf
Fri Jan 15, 2016 6:04 pm
  • Marvin49 wrote:
    rlkats wrote:
    theENGLISHseahawk wrote:I love how suddenly this is good news for Kaepernick. Yeah -- that's just what he needs. A third offensive coordinator in three years. A front office that was bad mouthing him to the national media during the season. A team that put all his jersey's on sale (and have now bumped up the price again because... Chip). And because Kelly used mobile quarterbacks at Oregon -- that means Kaepernick is suddenly going to be able to read a defense and make good decisions.

    If anything, Kelly's rocket pace offense will be a hindrance. He has to think even quicker than ever. Anyone who thinks he'll just be able to play one-read and run stuff like they do in college is having a laugh. Teams will just take away the run and force him to throw.

    Meanwhile that defense will be exhausted by week 6.

    What an absolute circus of a franchise. Stumbling and bumbling along.

    I'd be absolutely devastated if Jed owned my team.





    Not that I agree with what the yorks and balke are doing, but lets be honest. Even IF there was a hire that was perfect or the niners did something correct you wouldn't give credit where it would be due. For the record im not thrilled with the Kelly hiring.

    So in the end does it really matter what we think. Um nope and nope.


    DING DING!!!

    What makes Kellys offense so good for Kap is not just that he's mobile, its that most of the reads are fairly simple.

    I have no idea if this will work, but this offense may protect Kap in the same way Romans did in 2012...giving him easy, defined looks and suppliment that with a really good run game and play action.

    Kaps demise has been trying to make him into something he's not.

    Classic Marvin spin..His vacation is over now :)
    User avatar
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3292
    Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:42 pm


Re: Chip Kelly hired by sf
Fri Jan 15, 2016 6:19 pm
  • Someone should talk to Chip about body language.

    Image
    Adopt A Rookie: Nick Vannett, TE - Ohio State University
    User avatar
    Laloosh
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 8846
    Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:46 pm
    Location: WA


Re: Chip Kelly hired by sf
Fri Jan 15, 2016 6:22 pm
  • Laloosh wrote:Someone should talk to Chip about body language.

    Image


    "Soon, the super karate monkey death car would park in my space. But Jimmy has fancy plans, and pants to match."

    - Excerpt from Jimmy James: Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
    User avatar
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3619
    Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:44 pm


Re: Chip Kelly hired by sf
Fri Jan 15, 2016 6:25 pm
  • Laloosh wrote:Someone should talk to Chip about body language.

    Image

    It's the same body language I use with my bosses or leads when they piss me off. 8)
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

    May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

    I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 23309
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:36 pm
    Location: The pit


Re: Chip Kelly hired by sf
Fri Jan 15, 2016 6:40 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:Image

    My plan is working perfectly, first the 49ers then the world!




    Whaaaaaat? He is going to ruin the world also?!
    OrFan
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3406
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 11:54 pm


Re: Chip Kelly hired by sf
Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:19 pm
  • IndyHawk wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    rlkats wrote:
    theENGLISHseahawk wrote:I love how suddenly this is good news for Kaepernick. Yeah -- that's just what he needs. A third offensive coordinator in three years. A front office that was bad mouthing him to the national media during the season. A team that put all his jersey's on sale (and have now bumped up the price again because... Chip). And because Kelly used mobile quarterbacks at Oregon -- that means Kaepernick is suddenly going to be able to read a defense and make good decisions.

    If anything, Kelly's rocket pace offense will be a hindrance. He has to think even quicker than ever. Anyone who thinks he'll just be able to play one-read and run stuff like they do in college is having a laugh. Teams will just take away the run and force him to throw.

    Meanwhile that defense will be exhausted by week 6.

    What an absolute circus of a franchise. Stumbling and bumbling along.

    I'd be absolutely devastated if Jed owned my team.





    Not that I agree with what the yorks and balke are doing, but lets be honest. Even IF there was a hire that was perfect or the niners did something correct you wouldn't give credit where it would be due. For the record im not thrilled with the Kelly hiring.

    So in the end does it really matter what we think. Um nope and nope.


    DING DING!!!

    What makes Kellys offense so good for Kap is not just that he's mobile, its that most of the reads are fairly simple.

    I have no idea if this will work, but this offense may protect Kap in the same way Romans did in 2012...giving him easy, defined looks and suppliment that with a really good run game and play action.

    Kaps demise has been trying to make him into something he's not.

    Classic Marvin spin..His vacation is over now :)


    I just said the offense might help Kap because its simple. How am I spinning. that's not exactly a compliment to Kap. Do you disagree with the concept that a simplified offense would help kap?
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5756
    Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:34 pm


Re: Chip Kelly hired by sf
Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:59 pm
  • The curious thing to me will be the QBs. They have two spread guys now. And I could see Gabbert challenging for the job.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    User avatar
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
     
    Posts: 14798
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:14 am


Re: Chip Kelly hired by sf
Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:14 pm
  • theENGLISHseahawk wrote:
    rlkats wrote:Not that I agree with what the yorks and balke are doing, but lets be honest. Even IF there was a hire that was perfect or the niners did something correct you wouldn't give credit where it would be due. For the record im not thrilled with the Kelly hiring.


    Of course I would give them credit. Go and find the Hue Jackson thread I started. Felt it would be a good hire and said so. But yeah, they botched that one (again).

    I'm not sure what Niners fans expect. The reason some of us are ultra critical of your team isn't because we're determined to oppose every move. It's because for the last two years the people running your franchise have just made one staggering decision after another. We have no choice but to be critical.

    And this Kelly hire, unfortunately, looks like another disaster waiting to happen. You've settled on Chip Kelly. A guy nobody else even wanted to interview after his unceremonious dumping in Philadelphia. You stumbled along, seemingly without any idea what it was you wanted in a Head Coach. And you were left choosing between Mike Shanahan and Chip Kelly. Good grief.

    That's not to say the Niners are the only franchise who has made a suspect appointment. Yet the apparent incompetence on show compared to the relatively effective way Miami and Cleveland went about their business is striking.

    What's more, you're now heading head first into a situation you were seemingly so keen to avoid in the past. Kelly has a way of doing things and needs a certain type of player to work into his vision. Does anyone seriously expect him to work hand in hand with Trent Baalke? And what happens when Baalke heads onto the field to continue coaching the DB's?

    It's a crying shame what is happening to the Niners and seriously -- there's no pleasure to take here (well, maybe a little). Jed York is a laughing stock. He's made the Niners an unattractive team to coach -- and a probable bottom feeder in the NFC for the next few years.



    So I stand corrected you did say that, and I say bs you are having a ton of pleasure ;)
    User avatar
    rlkats
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1549
    Joined: Tue May 15, 2012 7:42 pm


Re: Chip Kelly hired by sf
Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:41 pm
  • Scottemojo wrote:The curious thing to me will be the QBs. They have two spread guys now. And I could see Gabbert challenging for the job.


    If the competition is Kaepernick, Gabbert won't even be challenged.
    rideaducati
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5729
    Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:18 pm


Re: Chip Kelly hired by sf
Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:56 pm
  • rideaducati wrote:
    Scottemojo wrote:The curious thing to me will be the QBs. They have two spread guys now. And I could see Gabbert challenging for the job.


    If the competition is Kaepernick, Gabbert won't even be challenged.

    That depends on if Chip gets to make the call, or the guy writing big checks makes the call.

    And that is the real job Chip took. Doing as he is told. Not his strength.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    User avatar
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
     
    Posts: 14798
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:14 am


Re: Chip Kelly hired by sf
Fri Jan 15, 2016 11:08 pm
  • Scottemojo wrote:
    rideaducati wrote:
    Scottemojo wrote:The curious thing to me will be the QBs. They have two spread guys now. And I could see Gabbert challenging for the job.


    If the competition is Kaepernick, Gabbert won't even be challenged.

    That depends on if Chip gets to make the call, or the guy writing big checks makes the call.

    And that is the real job Chip took. Doing as he is told. Not his strength.


    I doubt Chip would prefer Kaepernick. Kaepernick doesn't have the lateral quickness to make a man miss in open space, he is just fast in basically a straight line. Kaepernick doesn't have touch on passes and routinely misses guys on five yard passes by more than five yards. Chip seems to like guys with a quick release. I've seen bass pros with quicker releases.

    If Kaepernick was Baalke's guy, I doubt he would have allowed JimTom to bench him.

    I don't think Kaepernick makes the team unless he can't pass a physical by April 1st.
    rideaducati
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5729
    Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:18 pm


Re: Chip Kelly hired by sf
Fri Jan 15, 2016 11:27 pm
  • LOL.
    User avatar
    Rob12
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3144
    Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:50 am
    Location: Dayton, WA


Re: Chip Kelly hired by sf
Sat Jan 16, 2016 3:46 am
  • This hire and he last one prove that Jed York is a guy you would want to play poker with. Last year showed that he can't resist goin with his sentiments, and this year proves that he'll bet big on any pot. You could fleece this guy all night in Texas Hold 'em.

    theENGLISHseahawk wrote:I love how suddenly this is good news for Kaepernick. Yeah -- that's just what he needs. A third offensive coordinator in three years. A front office that was bad mouthing him to the national media during the season. A team that put all his jersey's on sale (and have now bumped up the price again because... Chip). And because Kelly used mobile quarterbacks at Oregon -- that means Kaepernick is suddenly going to be able to read a defense and make good decisions.

    If anything, Kelly's rocket pace offense will be a hindrance. He has to think even quicker than ever. Anyone who thinks he'll just be able to play one-read and run stuff like they do in college is having a laugh. Teams will just take away the run and force him to throw.

    Meanwhile that defense will be exhausted by week 6.

    What an absolute circus of a franchise. Stumbling and bumbling along.

    I'd be absolutely devastated if Jed owned my team.

    Actually Kaepernick has by far been most successful when in a hurry up situation.

    And as for his issues as a quarterback, it isn't reading defenses that is the biggest problem. The real problem is his post snap ANTICIPATION, which is non-existent at times, and his hesitation due to not trusting his wrs, line, and his own eyes. (Note: a former 49er coach anonymously said that reading defenses wasn't his problem. Rather, it was throwing anticipation passes prior to the wr being open, which destroyed all timing and made it easy for defenders to make plays on the ball).



    Often it has been said that while Kap has played inconsistently or even horribly at times, when he's at his best he can make ridiculous throws no one else really can. However, a quarterback like Wilson or Brady or Palmer WOULDNT HAVE TO make an amazing play because they would have gotten the ball out on time and in the right location to begin with. Kaepernick has shown himself to be fools gold. Great for a few amazing highlights every year, but so inconsistent that it erases that upside.
    User avatar
    5_Golden_Rings
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1005
    Joined: Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:38 am


Re: Chip Kelly hired by sf
Sat Jan 16, 2016 6:34 am
  • Marvin49 wrote:I just said the offense might help Kap because its simple. How am I spinning. that's not exactly a compliment to Kap. Do you disagree with the concept that a simplified offense would help kap?


    I'm pretty sure they simplified things this season. Didn't seem to.
    Adopt A Rookie: Nick Vannett, TE - Ohio State University
    User avatar
    Laloosh
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 8846
    Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:46 pm
    Location: WA


Re: Chip Kelly hired by sf
Sat Jan 16, 2016 7:11 am
  • Laloosh wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:I just said the offense might help Kap because its simple. How am I spinning. that's not exactly a compliment to Kap. Do you disagree with the concept that a simplified offense would help kap?


    I'm pretty sure they simplified things this season. Didn't seem to.


    Simplifying the offense wasn't Kaepernick's downfall, expecting Kaepernick to hit a moving target was. Harbaugh knew Kaepernick couldn't, can't, won't, wouldn't hit a moving target very often, so Harbaugh implemented a lot of routes where the receiver would stop somewhere in a soft spot in a zone or at the top of a route and Kaepernick would throw the fastball.
    rideaducati
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5729
    Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:18 pm


Re: Chip Kelly hired by sf
Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:47 am
  • fenderbender123 wrote:This isn't good. Chip Kelly is a damn good coach, and I have a feeling he's gonna be as successful as Harbaugh was when he was their coach. Well, I guess if that's how it plays out then it won't be so bad for us.

    Agreed.
    Kelly has the ability to grate on the nerves of his employer after a while in a similar fashion as the previous grating personality in the HC position. However, they almost got used to it and would still have that dirtbag if things hadn't fallen apart in the locker room which turned out to be a stopping place before residency at the county jail. Kelly won't put up with that and he's not quite (somewhat close ) as grating to the admin and the fans will like him. The admin will put up with him longer since he's not nearly as awful to endure as Harbum. sF will have to be reconned with more quickly than we had thought and for longer.
    If the other team doesn't score, you can't lose.
    User avatar
    taco40
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 500
    Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:36 am


Re: Chip Kelly hired by sf
Sat Jan 16, 2016 10:08 am
  • taco40 wrote:
    fenderbender123 wrote:This isn't good. Chip Kelly is a damn good coach, and I have a feeling he's gonna be as successful as Harbaugh was when he was their coach. Well, I guess if that's how it plays out then it won't be so bad for us.

    Agreed.
    Kelly has the ability to grate on the nerves of his employer after a while in a similar fashion as the previous grating personality in the HC position. However, they almost got used to it and would still have that dirtbag if things hadn't fallen apart in the locker room which turned out to be a stopping place before residency at the county jail. Kelly won't put up with that and he's not quite (somewhat close ) as grating to the admin and the fans will like him. The admin will put up with him longer since he's not nearly as awful to endure as Harbum. sF will have to be reconned with more quickly than we had thought and for longer.



    Harbaugh didn't like that stuff either, but like Kelly he didn't have a say in it, it was Baalke hanging on to them and because the coach doesn't control the personnel you have to work around it. Kelly has no say in who the 49ers bring in on paper, he may try to give insight to what he needs to be successful, but it still comes back to Baalke, why do you think nobody else wanted the job?
    Image

    To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    User avatar
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 22463
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


Re: Chip Kelly hired by sf
Sat Jan 16, 2016 10:21 am
  • A lot of Kaep bashing and rightfully so on a Seahawks board, but not one mention of the fact that he had a torn ligament in his thumb on throwing hand, or that he had a shredded labrum on shoulder , or that he had a bad knee that required surgery. This dude never once complained, just kept playing until they benched him an blamed everything on him. Never said a word, let the O-line do their thing an keep bashing him. Was a consummate pro. As for Kelly, a lot of his offense was and is based in watching Chris Ault an CK do their thing. He spent countless hours with Ault asking him everything about the zone read so to say Kaep can only run in a straight line is crazy. Marionta as well? Give him a chance to compete for the job. If he loses it then it was fair and square. Kelly offense is simple? So simple that his first three years in the NFL it was 2nd , 5th & 12th. So it's a super simple almost top 5 avg offense. Just doesn't make any sense.
    Bob Loblaw
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 158
    Joined: Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:31 pm


Re: Chip Kelly hired by sf
Sat Jan 16, 2016 10:23 am
  • Bob Loblaw wrote:A lot of Kaep bashing and rightfully so on a Seahawks board, but not one mention of the fact that he had a torn ligament in his thumb on throwing hand, or that he had a shredded labrum on shoulder , or that he had a bad knee that required surgery. This dude never once complained, just kept playing until they benched him an blamed everything on him. Never said a word, let the O-line do their thing an keep bashing him. Was a consummate pro. As for Kelly, a lot of his offense was and is based in watching Chris Ault an CK do their thing. He spent countless hours with Ault asking him everything about the zone read so to say Kaep can only run in a straight line is crazy. Marionta as well? Give him a chance to compete for the job. If he loses it then it was fair and square. Kelly offense is simple? So simple that his first three years in the NFL it was 2nd , 5th & 12th. So it's a super simple almost top 5 avg offense. Just doesn't make any sense.


    Kaep sucks. So does Kelly. Niners in the basement for 5 more years at least.
    There was this monkey, right?
    User avatar
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *
     
    Posts: 14817
    Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:29 am
    Location: Down at the old Milk Plus


Re: Chip Kelly hired by sf
Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:15 am
  • Bob Loblaw wrote:A lot of Kaep bashing and rightfully so on a Seahawks board, but not one mention of the fact that he had a torn ligament in his thumb on throwing hand, or that he had a shredded labrum on shoulder , or that he had a bad knee that required surgery. This dude never once complained, just kept playing until they benched him an blamed everything on him. Never said a word, let the O-line do their thing an keep bashing him. Was a consummate pro. As for Kelly, a lot of his offense was and is based in watching Chris Ault an CK do their thing. He spent countless hours with Ault asking him everything about the zone read so to say Kaep can only run in a straight line is crazy. Marionta as well? Give him a chance to compete for the job. If he loses it then it was fair and square. Kelly offense is simple? So simple that his first three years in the NFL it was 2nd , 5th & 12th. So it's a super simple almost top 5 avg offense. Just doesn't make any sense.


    Did Kap have a torn ligament and a shredded labrum from 2012-14, when Kaepernick went 1-5 as a starter (including playoffs) against the Seahawks and posted a passing line of 88/165/961/3/9/54.1?
    "Soon, the super karate monkey death car would park in my space. But Jimmy has fancy plans, and pants to match."

    - Excerpt from Jimmy James: Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
    User avatar
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3619
    Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:44 pm


Re: Chip Kelly hired by sf
Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:20 am
  • What in the Sam Hell does that have to do with what we are talking about now? His play this year an if he fits well in Chip Kelly system? Very weird, an a terrible attempt to try an point out he has lost to the Seahawks a lot. This is something everyone knows. You need better material. Sorry but exit stage left
    Bob Loblaw
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 158
    Joined: Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:31 pm


Re: Chip Kelly hired by sf
Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:48 am
  • :lol: :snack:
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

    May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

    I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 23309
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:36 pm
    Location: The pit


Re: Chip Kelly hired by sf
Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:55 am
  • EverydayImRusselin wrote:The only thing that worries me is Kaepernick is light years better than Foles/Sanchez/Bradford and I think Chip can build an offense around him.

    I've always thought he would be effective in a read-option offense. Although the crucial element here is actually READING THE DEFENSE -- something Wilson is a genius at, and Kaep is...
    ...unknown at this time.
    http://www.sonicsrising.com/2016/3/10/11194382/sonics-arena-public-hearing-tip-off
    http://www.sonicsrising.com/2016/3/7/11 ... l-vacation
    FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER: @George_OGorman
    User avatar
    Lords of Scythia
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2260
    Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:32 am


Re: Chip Kelly hired by sf
Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:14 pm
  • Bob Loblaw wrote:What in the Sam Hell does that have to do with what we are talking about now? His play this year an if he fits well in Chip Kelly system? Very weird, an a terrible attempt to try an point out he has lost to the Seahawks a lot. This is something everyone knows. You need better material. Sorry but exit stage left


    You're making excuses for his bad play this season. I'm saying he always played bad.
    "Soon, the super karate monkey death car would park in my space. But Jimmy has fancy plans, and pants to match."

    - Excerpt from Jimmy James: Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
    User avatar
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3619
    Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:44 pm


Re: Chip Kelly hired by sf
Sat Jan 16, 2016 2:06 pm
  • Gabbert makes decisions much faster then Kaep, that's the problem, Kaep can go one place fine but reading a defense and reacting seems to be his problem. Once he sees what he has the processing time to see, react and then do whats needed takes to long. When he does actually react the window for success has already started to close because the defense see's his reaction.
    Image

    To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    User avatar
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 22463
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


Re: Chip Kelly hired by sf
Sat Jan 16, 2016 3:19 pm
  • Whatever Kaepernick's issues are pre-snap (and whatever injuries he had last year)...

    You see the same thing time and time again -- and did so even when the 49ers were winning. He panics under pressure -- and that's when the boom or bust begins. He's capable of pulling off a 20-yard scramble. When he rolls out and sticks with the pass that's when every Niners fan in the world probably watches through their fingers. He telegraphs throws.

    If the plan is to quicken things up and simplify things -- what happens when teams just say -- spy and watch the QB run, take our chances with him throwing on the move. He'll either resort to throwing to the first read and force it or he'll take off and have the kind of picks/mistakes he's had vs Seattle in the last two seasons.

    There's an assumption I think by the general NFL observer that Kaepernick is a great fit for Kelly just because he's mobile. Like Kelly's system has to have a mobile QB -- basically because Kelly won at Oregon with guys like Mariota. The Oregon Ducks aren't being re-created in the NFL and I think Kelly understands that.

    The Niners are going through a massive transition that'll take at least 2-3 years IMO to re-stock and reload. And I think Jed thinks he can plug in Kelly and start winning quickly. You've lost too many good players (and possibly more of the old guard to go too eg Boone) to think that way. If he thinks Kelly and Baalke share a vision or can work to rebuild this roster -- does anyone believe in that plan?? It really does look like he's panicked a bit after a general lack of buzz around the vacancy and he's gone after one of the big names showing interest.

    In all seriousness -- I don't take any great joy out of this. Same with the other teams with awful owner situations (I can't imagine being a Titans fan right now). As a NFL fan you can't really avoid thinking, 'imagine if that was us??'. You had a good thing going with Harbaugh who always felt like a genuinely brilliant coach. Can't help but think if he'd won the power struggle with Baalke and you'd built around him -- you'd be trending in a very different direction. Even if Harbaugh is a pain in the backside to be around for the front office members. You tolerate it IMO for a guy who produces results.
    User avatar
    theENGLISHseahawk
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 10077
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:13 am


Re: Chip Kelly hired by sf
Sat Jan 16, 2016 3:36 pm
  • Kaepernick, the guy who fires rockets at his receivers at any distance, is a for Kelly's offense? The only thing funnier than the rockets are when he tried to put touch on his passes this year. Pure comedy.
    hawk45
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 8227
    Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:08 pm


Re: Chip Kelly hired by sf
Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:26 pm
  • DavidSeven wrote:
    rlkats wrote:Even IF there was a hire that was perfect or the niners did something correct you wouldn't give credit where it would be due.


    Several posters, ENGLISH included, stated that Hue Jackson would be a great hire for the 49ers. And this is when all signs were pointing to him being hired.


    Easy to say that now that Jackson will not be the 49er head coach.

    You guys notice how all the Harbaugh praise around here happened immediately after he was let go by the 49ers?
    NINEster
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1453
    Joined: Sat May 19, 2012 7:06 pm


Re: Chip Kelly hired by sf
Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:29 pm
  • NINEster wrote:Easy to say that now that Jackson will not be the 49er head coach.

    You guys notice how all the Harbaugh praise around here happened immediately after he was let go by the 49ers?


    1. We said Jackson would be a good hire when all the talk was he was going to San Fran. Not after he took the Cleveland job. Go check the threads on here. I started one saying it'd be a great hire, linking to a report stating he was the main candidate.

    2. We all disliked Harbaugh because he was the arch-nemesis. But nobody... NOBODY... ever suggested for a second the guy couldn't coach.
    User avatar
    theENGLISHseahawk
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 10077
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:13 am


Re: Chip Kelly hired by sf
Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:36 pm
  • I'm just glad the Whiners have a new Darth Vader . . . a new Death Star to blow up.

    Image
    User avatar
    hawknation2015
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5982
    Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:41 pm
    Location: Seattle, Washington


Re: Chip Kelly hired by sf
Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:39 pm
  • theENGLISHseahawk wrote:Whatever Kaepernick's issues are pre-snap (and whatever injuries he had last year)...

    You see the same thing time and time again -- and did so even when the 49ers were winning. He panics under pressure -- and that's when the boom or bust begins. He's capable of pulling off a 20-yard scramble. When he rolls out and sticks with the pass that's when every Niners fan in the world probably watches through their fingers. He telegraphs throws.

    If the plan is to quicken things up and simplify things -- what happens when teams just say -- spy and watch the QB run, take our chances with him throwing on the move. He'll either resort to throwing to the first read and force it or he'll take off and have the kind of picks/mistakes he's had vs Seattle in the last two seasons.

    There's an assumption I think by the general NFL observer that Kaepernick is a great fit for Kelly just because he's mobile. Like Kelly's system has to have a mobile QB -- basically because Kelly won at Oregon with guys like Mariota. The Oregon Ducks aren't being re-created in the NFL and I think Kelly understands that.

    The Niners are going through a massive transition that'll take at least 2-3 years IMO to re-stock and reload. And I think Jed thinks he can plug in Kelly and start winning quickly. You've lost too many good players (and possibly more of the old guard to go too eg Boone) to think that way. If he thinks Kelly and Baalke share a vision or can work to rebuild this roster -- does anyone believe in that plan?? It really does look like he's panicked a bit after a general lack of buzz around the vacancy and he's gone after one of the big names showing interest.

    In all seriousness -- I don't take any great joy out of this. Same with the other teams with awful owner situations (I can't imagine being a Titans fan right now). As a NFL fan you can't really avoid thinking, 'imagine if that was us??'. You had a good thing going with Harbaugh who always felt like a genuinely brilliant coach. Can't help but think if he'd won the power struggle with Baalke and you'd built around him -- you'd be trending in a very different direction. Even if Harbaugh is a pain in the backside to be around for the front office members. You tolerate it IMO for a guy who produces results.


    Keeping Harbaugh is fair.

    But honestly, if Harbaugh would never relinquish his offense to someone else, he could go for all I care.

    It's trendy to say that Kaepernick regressed, but 49er run blocking and run game in general dropped a bit in 2014. The defense also dropped off a bit.

    I'd like to see Kaepernick in a new offense. It's a fair request.

    We've seen Cam Newton suck with subpar conditions. Robert Griffin IIII.

    When Wilson has had garbage games, the Seahawk D and run game have always been there to bail him out.

    What happens when the defense bails you out?

    You get Ws while other QBs get Ls.

    Meanwhile you're regarded as good and they are not.
    NINEster
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1453
    Joined: Sat May 19, 2012 7:06 pm


Re: Chip Kelly hired by sf
Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:45 pm
  • NINEster wrote:Keeping Harbaugh is fair.

    But honestly, if Harbaugh would never relinquish his offense to someone else, he could f'n go for all I care.

    It's trendy to say that Kaepernick regressed, but 49er run blocking and run game in general dropped a bit in 2014. The defense also dropped off a bit.

    I'd like to see Kaepernick in a new offense. It's a fair request.

    We've seen Cam Newton suck with subpar conditions. Robert Griffin IIII.

    When Wilson has had garbage games, the Seahawk D and run game have always been there to bail him out.

    What happens when the defense bails you out?

    You get Ws while other QBs get Ls.

    Meanwhile you're regarded as good and they are not.



    It is fair to want to see Kaepernick in a new offense. Personally I think he needs Harbaugh on his jock and the structure Greg Roman provided (Roman looks a lot better these days after what he did with Tyrod Taylor). Kelly might be able to provide the same structure, but we'll see.

    As for Wilson having garbage games and being bailed out. Here's the thing. Wilson is capable of the occasional off day. Kaepernick doesn't have off-days. He has serious technical and mental deficiencies as a QB that will never be repaired. He's 29 this year. He is what he is. It's about managing those deficiencies and that is what Harbaugh achieved and what Kelly has to try to do if he starts Kaepernick. There's a massive difference between that and a QB having an off day and other areas of the team picking up the slack.
    User avatar
    theENGLISHseahawk
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 10077
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:13 am


Re: Chip Kelly hired by sf
Sat Jan 16, 2016 5:16 pm
  • If Chip wants to run the same stuff he ran in Philly and Oregon -- spread predominately out of shotgun, a lot of horizontal throws to RBs, WR screens off the RO fake -- he will pick Gabbert over Kaep.

    However, I can also see him testing the waters with Kaepernick. Ceiling is higher and so is the cap hit.

    If he's going to do that, he has to be willing to change his offense. Has to. More and more, I'm convinced that Kap needs to play out of the Pistol, i.e. what he played in college and his first 1.5 years under Harbaugh. More of a true "play action" off the handoff from Pistol than out of shotgun. This would allow them to utilize his mobility while also giving him more time to use his big arm. The tempo shotgun stuff will rely too much quick decision-making and accuracy to work for him.

    If Chip is going to roll with Kaepernick, big question will be -- is he willing to adapt for his players? He was too stubborn to do that for DeMarco Murray, one of the premiere downhill runners in the game, and it cost him his job -- not to mention all the talented players he shipped off who didn't quite "fit."

    Has he learned his lesson?
    User avatar
    DavidSeven
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5746
    Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:15 am


Re: Chip Kelly hired by sf
Sat Jan 16, 2016 7:25 pm
  • im not counting out chip kelly... or even kaepernick now that he has an offensive mind like kelly, something the niners havent had in a long time. kaepernick just needs to grow up and improve the mental aspect of his game. kelly will keep things simple for him and put him in a better position to succeed. whats funny is 90% of niner fans have already given up on kaepernick before this move.

    that being said, until baalke is gone and replaced by someone adequate, i just dont imagine the 49ers being successful.
    Image
    seatownlowdown
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 257
    Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:03 am
    Location: seatown


Re: Chip Kelly hired by sf
Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:01 pm
  • NINEster wrote:
    DavidSeven wrote:
    rlkats wrote:Even IF there was a hire that was perfect or the niners did something correct you wouldn't give credit where it would be due.


    Several posters, ENGLISH included, stated that Hue Jackson would be a great hire for the 49ers. And this is when all signs were pointing to him being hired.


    Easy to say that now that Jackson will not be the 49er head coach.

    You guys notice how all the Harbaugh praise around here happened immediately after he was let go by the 49ers?


    I never praised Hairball. After having ten drafts in a row of top 11 picks, the team was ready to win with just about any coach.
    rideaducati
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5729
    Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:18 pm


Re: Chip Kelly hired by sf
Sun Jan 17, 2016 3:13 am
  • Marvin-I just said the offense might help Kap because its simple. How am I spinning. that's not exactly a compliment to Kap. Do you disagree with the concept that a simplified offense would help kap?Was just kidding you Marv note the smile.It's good to see you kicking after being pretty quiet this past season.I have no doubt you'll be spinning things soon however and thats ok because we expect that. :thirishdrinkers:
    User avatar
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3292
    Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:42 pm


Re: Chip Kelly hired by sf
Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:24 am
  • theENGLISHseahawk wrote:Whatever Kaepernick's issues are pre-snap (and whatever injuries he had last year)...

    You see the same thing time and time again -- and did so even when the 49ers were winning. He panics under pressure -- and that's when the boom or bust begins. He's capable of pulling off a 20-yard scramble. When he rolls out and sticks with the pass that's when every Niners fan in the world probably watches through their fingers. He telegraphs throws.

    If the plan is to quicken things up and simplify things -- what happens when teams just say -- spy and watch the QB run, take our chances with him throwing on the move. He'll either resort to throwing to the first read and force it or he'll take off and have the kind of picks/mistakes he's had vs Seattle in the last two seasons.

    There's an assumption I think by the general NFL observer that Kaepernick is a great fit for Kelly just because he's mobile. Like Kelly's system has to have a mobile QB -- basically because Kelly won at Oregon with guys like Mariota. The Oregon Ducks aren't being re-created in the NFL and I think Kelly understands that.

    The Niners are going through a massive transition that'll take at least 2-3 years IMO to re-stock and reload. And I think Jed thinks he can plug in Kelly and start winning quickly. You've lost too many good players (and possibly more of the old guard to go too eg Boone) to think that way. If he thinks Kelly and Baalke share a vision or can work to rebuild this roster -- does anyone believe in that plan?? It really does look like he's panicked a bit after a general lack of buzz around the vacancy and he's gone after one of the big names showing interest.

    In all seriousness -- I don't take any great joy out of this. Same with the other teams with awful owner situations (I can't imagine being a Titans fan right now). As a NFL fan you can't really avoid thinking, 'imagine if that was us??'. You had a good thing going with Harbaugh who always felt like a genuinely brilliant coach. Can't help but think if he'd won the power struggle with Baalke and you'd built around him -- you'd be trending in a very different direction. Even if Harbaugh is a pain in the backside to be around for the front office members. You tolerate it IMO for a guy who produces results.



    Very good English I agree. Balke is the pain in the ass that I fear is holding the niners back. Hopefully the noose is tight and he plays nice and realizes that he is the issue. Because Kelly can not have control over the players in the aspect of trades etc.......
    User avatar
    rlkats
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1549
    Joined: Tue May 15, 2012 7:42 pm


PreviousNext


It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:54 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]




Information
  • Who is online
  • Users browsing this forum: dutchcoug and 78 guests