Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

San Antonio Raiders...

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
San Antonio Raiders...
Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:25 am
  • ...do we really need another team in Texas...the silver and black just doesnt match that part of the country. Or will they stay?
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champions 2014.02.02 Seahawks 43 Broncos 8
    User avatar
    Cyrus12
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4971
    Joined: Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:20 am
    Location: BC Canada


Re: San Antonio Raiders...
Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:50 am
  • The spurs have silver and black unis...the Raiders would fit the color scheme.
    rideaducati
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5729
    Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:18 pm


Re: San Antonio Raiders...
Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:24 am
  • Cyrus12 wrote:...do we really need another team in Texas...the silver and black just doesnt match that part of the country. Or will they stay?


    Did we really need another team in California? Texas has 2, California has 3. A joint move would even it up at 3 apiece.
    HawkGA
    NET Hall Of Famer
     
    Posts: 105019
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 12:29 pm


Re: San Antonio Raiders...
Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:26 am
  • I'd feel bad for a number of my firends who are Raider fans, but I can't say the Niners wouldn't LOVE to have NoCal all to themselves.
    Last edited by Marvin49 on Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5741
    Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:34 pm


Re: San Antonio Raiders...
Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:26 am
  • Mark Davis is no different from his dad.........anytime the league kicks the Davis's in the nuts they rage threaten.

    "WHAT YOU'RE NOT GIVING US LA, THEN WE'RE MOVING TO............SAN ANTONIO!............NO SAN DIEGO!............NO ST. LOUIS!.........OMG WE'RE MOVING SOMEWHERE ALRIGHT! YOU JUST WATCH!"

    F the Raiders.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    User avatar
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 12441
    Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:10 am


Re: San Antonio Raiders...
Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:27 am
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:Mark Davis is no different from his dad.........anytime the league kicks the Davis's in the nuts they rage threaten.

    "WHAT YOU'RE NOT GIVING US LA, THEN WE'RE MOVING TO............SAN ANTONIO!............NO SAN DIEGO!............NO ST. LOUIS!.........OMG WE'RE MOVING SOMEWHERE ALRIGHT! YOU JUST WATCH!"

    F the Raiders.


    Mark Davis is VERY different form his dad. Al was formidable. Mark is not.

    I hate the Raiders and I hated Al, but Al was a big part of why the leaguie exists as it does today.

    Mark is a joke.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5741
    Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:34 pm


Re: San Antonio Raiders...
Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:34 am
  • Marvin49 wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:Mark Davis is no different from his dad.........anytime the league kicks the Davis's in the nuts they rage threaten.

    "WHAT YOU'RE NOT GIVING US LA, THEN WE'RE MOVING TO............SAN ANTONIO!............NO SAN DIEGO!............NO ST. LOUIS!.........OMG WE'RE MOVING SOMEWHERE ALRIGHT! YOU JUST WATCH!"

    F the Raiders.


    Mark Davis is VERY different form his dad. Al was formidable. Mark is not.

    I hate the Raiders and I hated Al, but Al was a big part of why the leaguie exists as it does today.

    Mark is a joke.


    Al WAS a big part of why the league exists.........in the 60's and 70's. He spent the last years of his life being a pain in the ass suing everyone and everything inside and out of the league.

    That's what I'm talking about.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    User avatar
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 12441
    Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:10 am


Re: San Antonio Raiders...
Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:51 am
  • He should figure out how to stay in Oakland. That fan base has been awesome supporting the team even when they are losing - very passionate.

    But, obviously Oakland would have to want to work with them for a stadium.

    The city of San Antonio seemed to be working hard to get a team - and Mark Davis seems kinda soft, so I could see them luring him there pretty easily if Oakland doesn't work with him.

    Though, he will probably wait to see what Spanos does and take up as a tenant in Inglewood if Spanos decides to stay in San Diego.
    When you get to Helllll, John. Tel em Daisy sentcha.
    User avatar
    RedAlice
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2889
    Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:47 am
    Location: San Diego


Re: San Antonio Raiders...
Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:53 am
  • HawkGA wrote:
    Cyrus12 wrote:...do we really need another team in Texas...the silver and black just doesnt match that part of the country. Or will they stay?


    Did we really need another team in California? Texas has 2, California has 3. A joint move would even it up at 3 apiece.



    27 million people in Texas and 38 million people in California, there should be some natural mismatch there (although if we're going by pure population numbers that would mean that if we had one team in Wisconsin we should have 7 or 8 teams in California :lol: )
    User avatar
    Popeyejones
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4452
    Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:58 am


Re: San Antonio Raiders...
Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:01 am
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:Mark Davis is no different from his dad.........anytime the league kicks the Davis's in the nuts they rage threaten.

    "WHAT YOU'RE NOT GIVING US LA, THEN WE'RE MOVING TO............SAN ANTONIO!............NO SAN DIEGO!............NO ST. LOUIS!.........OMG WE'RE MOVING SOMEWHERE ALRIGHT! YOU JUST WATCH!"

    F the Raiders.


    Mark Davis is VERY different form his dad. Al was formidable. Mark is not.

    I hate the Raiders and I hated Al, but Al was a big part of why the leaguie exists as it does today.

    Mark is a joke.


    Al WAS a big part of why the league exists.........in the 60's and 70's. He spent the last years of his life being a pain in the ass suing everyone and everything inside and out of the league.

    That's what I'm talking about.


    He was...but even at the end Al was 10 times more formidable than his son ever will be.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5741
    Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:34 pm


Re: San Antonio Raiders...
Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:01 am
  • RedAlice wrote:He should figure out how to stay in Oakland. That fan base has been awesome supporting the team even when they are losing - very passionate.

    But, obviously Oakland would have to want to work with them for a stadium.

    The city of San Antonio seemed to be working hard to get a team - and Mark Davis seems kinda soft, so I could see them luring him there pretty easily if Oakland doesn't work with him.

    Though, he will probably wait to see what Spanos does and take up as a tenant in Inglewood if Spanos decides to stay in San Diego.


    Inglewood for the Raiders and the Chargers staying would mean three NFL teams in two hours of each other in a region that has barely ever been even able to support one NFL team.

    As for Oakland, they've already stood in front of the gun, and it shot a blank, there's no way they'll be dumb enough to start ponying up public funds now. The issue is that a) Oakland's not dumb enough to build the Raiders a stadium, b) Davis doesn't have enough money to build himself a stadium, and C) the NFL won't even put up the money for it as a loan because they know the thing that only a few rubes haven't caught onto yet: It's not simply worth the financial investment to build shiny new football stadiums in replace of perfectly functional existing football stadiums.
    User avatar
    Popeyejones
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4452
    Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:58 am


Re: San Antonio Raiders...
Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:03 am
  • Marvin49 wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:Mark Davis is no different from his dad.........anytime the league kicks the Davis's in the nuts they rage threaten.

    "WHAT YOU'RE NOT GIVING US LA, THEN WE'RE MOVING TO............SAN ANTONIO!............NO SAN DIEGO!............NO ST. LOUIS!.........OMG WE'RE MOVING SOMEWHERE ALRIGHT! YOU JUST WATCH!"

    F the Raiders.


    Mark Davis is VERY different form his dad. Al was formidable. Mark is not.

    I hate the Raiders and I hated Al, but Al was a big part of why the leaguie exists as it does today.

    Mark is a joke.


    Al WAS a big part of why the league exists.........in the 60's and 70's. He spent the last years of his life being a pain in the ass suing everyone and everything inside and out of the league.

    That's what I'm talking about.


    He was...but even at the end Al was 10 times more formidable than his son ever will be.


    This.
    User avatar
    Popeyejones
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4452
    Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:58 am


Re: San Antonio Raiders...
Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:05 am
  • RedAlice wrote:He should figure out how to stay in Oakland. That fan base has been awesome supporting the team even when they are losing - very passionate.

    But, obviously Oakland would have to want to work with them for a stadium.

    The city of San Antonio seemed to be working hard to get a team - and Mark Davis seems kinda soft, so I could see them luring him there pretty easily if Oakland doesn't work with him.

    Though, he will probably wait to see what Spanos does and take up as a tenant in Inglewood if Spanos decides to stay in San Diego.


    The problem is that its really, really hard to get a stadium built in CA. Say what you want about Levis, it's a miracle that it exists.

    In LA, the Rams are pretty much just writing a check. LOL. It helps to have that much wealth behind it. I've heard he's paying the relocation fee of 550 mil in one lump sum and writing another check for over a billion to put in escrow to get stadium built.

    Must be nice.

    Mark by comparison took a yellow cab to the airport.

    The Raiders got a big fat FU from the league yesterday. Took the other plan, took away the team they were partnering with, told them to withdraw the petition, and told them they only get the 100 mil LOAN if they use it IN market in the next year.

    Ouch.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5741
    Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:34 pm


Re: San Antonio Raiders...
Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:06 am
  • Marvin49 wrote:
    He was...but even at the end Al was 10 times more formidable than his son ever will be.


    You guys have turned this into a "which Davis was better" argument, and I'm not saying that Mark is the same as Al.

    I'm saying this is EXACTLY what Al would have done when he didn't get his way..............threaten to move and sue.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    User avatar
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 12441
    Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:10 am


Re: San Antonio Raiders...
Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:10 am
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    He was...but even at the end Al was 10 times more formidable than his son ever will be.


    You guys have turned this into a "which Davis was better" argument, and I'm not saying that Mark is the same as Al.

    I'm saying this is EXACTLY what Al would have done when he didn't get his way..............threaten to move and sue.


    Well THATS true for sure....

    ...the difference being that Al would actually move and sue and that Mark can barely tie his own shoelaces.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5741
    Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:34 pm


Re: San Antonio Raiders...
Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:24 am
  • have them play in stanford stadium. maybe it only fits 40,000 but it's functional.
    mrblitz
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1293
    Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 10:34 pm


Re: San Antonio Raiders...
Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:17 am
  • Popeyejones wrote:
    RedAlice wrote:He should figure out how to stay in Oakland. That fan base has been awesome supporting the team even when they are losing - very passionate.

    But, obviously Oakland would have to want to work with them for a stadium.

    The city of San Antonio seemed to be working hard to get a team - and Mark Davis seems kinda soft, so I could see them luring him there pretty easily if Oakland doesn't work with him.

    Though, he will probably wait to see what Spanos does and take up as a tenant in Inglewood if Spanos decides to stay in San Diego.


    Inglewood for the Raiders and the Chargers staying would mean three NFL teams in two hours of each other in a region that has barely ever been even able to support one NFL team.

    As for Oakland, they've already stood in front of the gun, and it shot a blank, there's no way they'll be dumb enough to start ponying up public funds now. The issue is that a) Oakland's not dumb enough to build the Raiders a stadium, b) Davis doesn't have enough money to build himself a stadium, and C) the NFL won't even put up the money for it as a loan because they know the thing that only a few rubes haven't caught onto yet: It's not simply worth the financial investment to build shiny new football stadiums in replace of perfectly functional existing football stadiums.


    Davis is going to be forced to sell off a rather large portion of the Raiders to someone with deep pockets that can help fund a stadium build or move.
    rideaducati
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5729
    Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:18 pm


Re: San Antonio Raiders...
Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:30 am
  • I've read that Portland could be a destination for the Raiders? That would be more exciting than San Antonio or SoCal. We'd finally have another team within driving distance.
    User avatar
    marko358
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2254
    Joined: Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:12 pm
    Location: Greenlake


Re: San Antonio Raiders...
Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:55 am
  • rideaducati wrote:
    Popeyejones wrote:
    RedAlice wrote:He should figure out how to stay in Oakland. That fan base has been awesome supporting the team even when they are losing - very passionate.

    But, obviously Oakland would have to want to work with them for a stadium.

    The city of San Antonio seemed to be working hard to get a team - and Mark Davis seems kinda soft, so I could see them luring him there pretty easily if Oakland doesn't work with him.

    Though, he will probably wait to see what Spanos does and take up as a tenant in Inglewood if Spanos decides to stay in San Diego.


    Inglewood for the Raiders and the Chargers staying would mean three NFL teams in two hours of each other in a region that has barely ever been even able to support one NFL team.

    As for Oakland, they've already stood in front of the gun, and it shot a blank, there's no way they'll be dumb enough to start ponying up public funds now. The issue is that a) Oakland's not dumb enough to build the Raiders a stadium, b) Davis doesn't have enough money to build himself a stadium, and C) the NFL won't even put up the money for it as a loan because they know the thing that only a few rubes haven't caught onto yet: It's not simply worth the financial investment to build shiny new football stadiums in replace of perfectly functional existing football stadiums.


    Davis is going to be forced to sell off a rather large portion of the Raiders to someone with deep pockets that can help fund a stadium build or move.


    Thats what I've thought all along...not to mention its a 550 mil fee just to relocate the team and he can't even afford to pay the inheritance tax on the team when his mother dies.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5741
    Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:34 pm


Re: San Antonio Raiders...
Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:12 pm
  • marko358 wrote:I've read that Portland could be a destination for the Raiders? That would be more exciting than San Antonio or SoCal. We'd finally have another team within driving distance.


    Yeah not sure why more owners haven't looked at Portland, the city and surrounding regions count for over 2M population,...........and without even looking I can guarantee it's a more affluent market than most of the other cities being discussed.

    The only thing I can think of is Paul Allen, THE richest owner in the league wouldn't want another team so close to Seattle cutting in on his jersey sales.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    User avatar
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 12441
    Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:10 am


Re: San Antonio Raiders...
Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:27 pm
  • San Antonio will never happen as long as Jerry is alive.


    But he is getting up there, ain't he.
    “A society that gets rid of all its troublemakers goes downhill.”
    ― Robert A. Heinlein
    User avatar
    DTexHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5232
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 5:55 am


Re: San Antonio Raiders...
Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:28 pm
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    marko358 wrote:I've read that Portland could be a destination for the Raiders? That would be more exciting than San Antonio or SoCal. We'd finally have another team within driving distance.


    Yeah not sure why more owners haven't looked at Portland, the city and surrounding regions count for over 2M population,...........and without even looking I can guarantee it's a more affluent market than most of the other cities being discussed.

    The only thing I can think of is Paul Allen, THE richest owner in the league wouldn't want another team so close to Seattle cutting in on his jersey sales.



    The issue with Portland is not the population, but the lack of corporate sponsors. Nike, Intel, ????
    User avatar
    Osprey
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 867
    Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:06 pm
    Location: Portland Oregon


Re: San Antonio Raiders...
Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:36 pm
  • DTexHawk wrote:San Antonio will never happen as long as Jerry is alive.


    But he is getting up there, ain't he.


    Are you basing this on something solid, or is it simply speculation on your part?

    Do you have some quote from Jerry or the NFL, that you can post?
    ITS A GREAT TIME TO BE A SEAHAWK FAN !
    User avatar
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *
     
    Posts: 16636
    Joined: Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:37 am
    Location: On the lake, Livingston Texas


Re: San Antonio Raiders...
Wed Jan 13, 2016 1:35 pm
  • Al knew about every Skeleton in every owners closet, he knew the dirt on every League Executive, he was a Commissioner and the driving force of the AFL NFL merger. The league loved him and hated him.

    He knew football and was innovative.

    He knew how to run a team as a owner.

    He knew how to run a league and market.

    He knew what buttons to push and who to push to get things how he wanted.

    Mark has little to none of those attributes.
    Image

    To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    User avatar
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 22463
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


Re: San Antonio Raiders...
Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:32 pm
  • Marvin49 wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    He was...but even at the end Al was 10 times more formidable than his son ever will be.


    You guys have turned this into a "which Davis was better" argument, and I'm not saying that Mark is the same as Al.

    I'm saying this is EXACTLY what Al would have done when he didn't get his way..............threaten to move and sue.


    Well THATS true for sure....

    ...the difference being that Al would actually move and sue and that Mark can barely tie his own shoelaces.

    Have you seen the guy's haircut? I though he was auditioning for "dumb and dumber 6". 8)
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

    May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

    I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 23290
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:36 pm
    Location: The pit


Re: San Antonio Raiders...
Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:35 pm
  • Sports Hernia wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    He was...but even at the end Al was 10 times more formidable than his son ever will be.


    You guys have turned this into a "which Davis was better" argument, and I'm not saying that Mark is the same as Al.

    I'm saying this is EXACTLY what Al would have done when he didn't get his way..............threaten to move and sue.


    Well THATS true for sure....

    ...the difference being that Al would actually move and sue and that Mark can barely tie his own shoelaces.

    Have you seen the guy's haircut? I though he was auditioning for "dumb and dumber 6". 8)


    I figure he had his mom throw a bowl over his head and trim around it.
    "Soon, the super karate monkey death car would park in my space. But Jimmy has fancy plans, and pants to match."

    - Excerpt from Jimmy James: Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
    User avatar
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3616
    Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:44 pm


Re: San Antonio Raiders...
Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:36 pm
  • pmedic920 wrote:
    DTexHawk wrote:San Antonio will never happen as long as Jerry is alive.


    But he is getting up there, ain't he.


    Are you basing this on something solid, or is it simply speculation on your part?

    Do you have some quote from Jerry or the NFL, that you can post?


    Pure speculation from what has been in papers and talk radio for years.

    Cowboys have a huge fanbase in SA, training camp has been there many times, and doubtful he would like to have anyone invading his marketshare.
    “A society that gets rid of all its troublemakers goes downhill.”
    ― Robert A. Heinlein
    User avatar
    DTexHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5232
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 5:55 am


Re: San Antonio Raiders...
Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:01 pm
  • Mark Davis, oops I mean Chris Griffin. One and the same.


    OrFan
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3406
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 11:54 pm


Re: San Antonio Raiders...
Thu Jan 14, 2016 6:40 pm
  • Sounds like this may have some steam to it.

    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14572 ... an-antonio

    According to Bleacher Report, Davis owns land in the San Antonio area where he could build a stadium.

    McCombs said San Antonio has "several locations that would work" to build a stadium and he has 12 corporate sponsors lined up with "serious commitments." Now he has to convince Davis that moving his team to Texas is the right move for the franchise.

    McCombs said he would be amenable to buying into the Raiders if that's what it would take to get the team to play in San Antonio.
    Image

    2014 Adopt-A-Rookie: Kiero Small
    2015 Adopt-A-Rookie: Tyler Lockett
    2016 Adopt-A-Rookie: Joey Hunt
    User avatar
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
     
    Posts: 9650
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:38 pm
    Location: Hagerstown, MD


Re: San Antonio Raiders...
Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:21 am
  • Osprey wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:
    marko358 wrote:I've read that Portland could be a destination for the Raiders? That would be more exciting than San Antonio or SoCal. We'd finally have another team within driving distance.


    Yeah not sure why more owners haven't looked at Portland, the city and surrounding regions count for over 2M population,...........and without even looking I can guarantee it's a more affluent market than most of the other cities being discussed.

    The only thing I can think of is Paul Allen, THE richest owner in the league wouldn't want another team so close to Seattle cutting in on his jersey sales.



    The issue with Portland is not the population, but the lack of corporate sponsors. Nike, Intel, ????


    That is on top of trying to get a stadium built there. Portland is 100x worse than Seattle when it comes to wanting to build something like that. And Mark Davis doesn't exactly come across as a northwest type of guy that would be embraced.
    Image
    "Hell no! I wanna go get my rang!"
    User avatar
    Seahawks1983
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 980
    Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:10 pm
    Location: 509


Re: San Antonio Raiders...
Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:18 am
  • S.A. is a great city and the NFL would be a good addition IMO.
    User avatar
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 34838
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:38 pm


Re: San Antonio Raiders...
Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:46 am
  • mrblitz wrote:have them play in stanford stadium. maybe it only fits 40,000 but it's functional.

    What about Memorial Stadium in Berkerly.
    Jayburd14
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 436
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:37 pm
    Location: Vancouver, WA




It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:43 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]




Information
  • Who is online