Rams rip city

getnasty

Reaction score
HawkGA":12bndeky said:
I'm sure our resident Rams fans are going to love this.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/rams-owner ... --nfl.html

Seriously, I hope the NFL does the right thing and lets them move.

I hope the Rams stay in STL, thats what they deserve for retaining Fisher for another year. Honestly I hate when owners turn there back on the city, yeah the dome they play in is a joke but so is the team they've been running out there for the last 10+ years.

OP
OP
H

HawkGA

Reaction score
Maybe keeping Fisher is part of the master plan to suck so that fans stop watching and he can move.

RedAlice

Reaction score
HawkGA":78gw0csr said:
I'm sure our resident Rams fans are going to love this.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/rams-owner ... --nfl.html

Seriously, I hope the NFL does the right thing and lets them move.

I already outlined this in the relocation thread. I think we should keep this topic to that one thread - it's gonna get busy here as the NY mtg wrapped up a day early and the vote is on the 12th and 13th - next week.

I will post some updates to that thread from today.

RedAlice

Reaction score
HawkGA":1wqe6qu0 said:
Maybe keeping Fisher is part of the master plan to suck so that fans stop watching and he can move.

I'm beginning to believe this is true. Part of his proposal is to complain about not being supported by fans in StL. Same thing Georgia did to LA when she moved them to StL.

kearly

Reaction score
If the Rams don't move to LA, and the Raiders and Chargers do, we might be rooting for the Seahawks to in the AFC next season.

Which I don't mind necessarily. It's an interesting situation.

RedAlice

Reaction score
kearly":y3azvfju said:
If the Rams don't move to LA, and the Raiders and Chargers do, we might be rooting for the Seahawks to in the AFC next season.

Which I don't mind necessarily. It's an interesting situation.

I believe you are not getting out of playing the Rams for a very long time.

Kroenke is playing a ruthless game. We will see next week. Would certainly not want to have any business dealings where he is the opponent.

Polaris

Reaction score
RedAlice":1vxuoc19 said:
HawkGA":1vxuoc19 said:

I'm beginning to believe this is true. Part of his proposal is to complain about not being supported by fans in StL. Same thing Georgia did to LA when she moved them to StL.

It's a common and underhanded tactic. Clay Bennett did that with the Sonics during their last years in Seattle. Tank the team to drive down attendance to "prove" that a relocation was necessary.

Frankly I think the Rams are a natural fit to move to LA, but that doesn't mean I like the tactics the Ram's owner is using.

RedAlice

Reaction score
Polaris":pwb6xw48 said:
RedAlice":pwb6xw48 said:
HawkGA":pwb6xw48 said:

It's a common and underhanded tactic. Clay Bennett did that with the Sonics during their last years in Seattle. Tank the team to drive down attendance to "prove" that a relocation was necessary.

Frankly I think the Rams are a natural fit to move to LA, but that doesn't mean I like the tactics the Ram's owner is using.

I can agree on some questionable tactics - but, this would all have been over a year or so ago had not Spanos decided he wanted to have LA and set about blocking Kroenke. There is so much we will never know on this saga the billionaires are playing....but, if Chargers had just stayed in San Diego, Rams woulda been in LA already.

Ruminator

Reaction score
My feeling is that the Raiders are least likely to move to LA.

I'm not sure why I care, but I would be disappointed if the Chargers left San Diego. That would almost be like the Seahawks moving to LA. I know the Chargers owner and the city of San Diego have been at significant odds regarding replacing Qualcomm Stadium, but shoot, I'd like to see their relocation bid be denied and all involved parties work out their differences so they're no longer seeking to relocate. Doesn't look promising, however.

Looks like the Rams are in the lead in the race to L.A. Go, go, go!

Addendum:
From a marketing standpoint, Raiders would make the most sense in LA. The "Los Angeles Raiders" just sounds right and fans would love rooting for them. The Rams obviously come second in this regard. But if the Chargers name stays in a move to LA., it would be strange and awkward to root for the "Los Angeles Chargers." Awkward in much the same way the "Seattle Browns" would be if that team moved here and the nickname had to stay.

James in PA

Reaction score
I hope they move just so the Hawks have 1 less 10am game every year.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Pretty sure bill Schonnely and/or the portland trailblazers have "rip city" trademarked. You will be hearing from Paul Allen's lawyers about thread title.

Subzero717

Reaction score
Polaris":3s194eah said:
RedAlice":3s194eah said:
HawkGA":3s194eah said:

They dont have a QB. Get real.

RedAlice

Reaction score
On the QB issue - it could just work out nicely.

Rams for 2016:

Back in Los Angeles
New Uniforms - Blue/Yellow standard and Blue/White Throwbacks
New QB

It used to seem impossible....now, it could happen. :D

btw: 2016 is the first year that the uniforms might change as described, per an article from the Rams in 2013 and the rules for applying to change them. Might not happen, but it's now possible if they applied for the changes.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
RedAlice":2wbgop4a said:
......Blue/White Throwbacks..........
:th2thumbs:

Bonus points if you can name this guy wearing that beautiful blue and white uni without looking it up (you gotta be honest!).......
12943499 113704415849

RedAlice

Reaction score
I can't....but, I love the image.

Back when they wore those, I just liked watching them and didn't have much of a clue about the game or rules. It's why they are my team emotionally and I won't be changing even if they are stuck in StL.

I'd LOVE to see Gurlely in that uniform twice next year.

:D

chris98251

Reaction score
Jack Snow, favorite target of Gabriel and Hadl when he was there.