Arizonas Dominance

ringless

Reaction score
I am sure DVOA should reflect this a little more after this week especially with our dominate win over a top 10DVOA team , and Seattle loss to a subpar team. As well as Carolina, and the Patriots losses.

But they have outscored their opponents by 206 points this season through 15 games. Over the course of a season that means they outscore the teams they play by 13.73 points per game every week. Not even close.

They clearly have the #1 scoring offense at 483 points scored. The next closest is Carolina at 462.

On defense they've only allowed 277 points (6 more than Seattle) Cincy and Denver are yet to play but it's possible that Arizona will be the4th best scoring Defense after Monday night only behind Cincy (play monday) , KC 270, and Seattle 271.

They actually have a shot at scoring the most points in the entire league. Allowing the fewest point in the entire league. I am not sure if that's ever been done before. That didn't happen because of one game. It happened because they dominated week in and week out over a season.

They score on average 32.20 ppg
They allow on average 18.46 ppg

marko358

Reaction score
Can we change the name of this site to Cardinals.net? I have to wade through 100 Cardinal posts per day.

Ambrose83

Reaction score
I am fine with it, and this is in the NFL section.. IMO you guys are the best team in the NFL.. I do not see anyone beating you in the playoffs.... it could happen, but I do not see it.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Congratulations Ringless. You guys stomped the poop out of GB today and looked very dominant. That being said I still would rather go through GB and AZ than the Redskins and the Panthers.

Just my gut but I think the Redskins are hitting their stride and Carolina is still more dangerous. GB is in a steep decline from what I have seen lately and I think we can beat AZ even in AZ.

Good luck going forward and nice job today.

OP
OP
R

ringless

Reaction score
RichNhansom":3tjct172 said:
Congratulations Ringless. You guys stomped the poop out of GB today and looked very dominant. That being said I still would rather go through GB and AZ than the Redskins and the Panthers.

Just my gut but I think the Redskins are hitting their stride and Carolina is still more dangerous. GB is in a steep decline from what I have seen lately and I think we can beat AZ even in AZ.

Good luck going forward and nice job today.

Thank you. I actually think Redskins are the best of the 3 right now as well. My best friend is a Seattle fan. I think you guys would kill both the Packers and Vikings if you played them. Still think you beat the Redskins of course but I think they are the most physical of the three and would provide the biggest challenge.

AZ_fan

Reaction score
ringless":3gih0314 said:
But they have outscored their opponents by 206 points this season through 15 games. Over the course of a season that means they outscore the teams they play by 13.73 points per game every week. Not even close.

Yep... only 10 teams have finished with a better point differential... 7 made the Super Bowl and 4 won it.

Probably the coolest stat though and it shows just how dominate our offense is this season...

*drumroll*

Arizona has more touchdowns than punts. (I didn't know this LOL)

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... of-packers

rideaducati

Reaction score
AZ_fan":tpiw1opc said:
ringless":tpiw1opc said:

Yep... only 10 teams have finished with a better point differential... 7 made the Super Bowl and 4 won it.

Probably the coolest stat though and it shows just how dominate our offense is this season...

*drumroll*

Arizona has more touchdowns than punts. (I didn't know this LOL)

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... of-packers

Teams don't have to punt much when the guys in striped shirts give them free first downs on b.s. penalties...just sayin...

Barakas

Reaction score
ClutchDJ":ot6gg8x6 said:
Looking forward to what HawkPower has to say.

You are looking forward to what a Seahawks fan says on a Seahawks forum? All of your quests for...acknowledgment....respect...or whatever you want to call it is seriously funny on an opposing teams forum.

You all better pray you win the SB this year because if you don't these last two years of your hot starts and quick exits from the playoffs is going to be brought up over and over and over.

And when it occurs you will have really no one else to blame but yourself. It's not enough that your team is winning but making MULTIPLE threads about it each and every week is quickly becoming trolling and is why you have certain posters continuously refusing to say anything good about your team (referencing all of the Cardinal posters not just you).

AZ_fan

Reaction score
Barakas":24fjwjv0 said:
You all better pray you win the SB this year because if you don't these last two years of your hot starts and quick exits from the playoffs is going to be brought up over and over and over.

And when it occurs you will have really no one else to blame but yourself.

We started 4-4 in 2013 and finished 10-6.. first year with Palmer but I definitely wouldn't call it a hot start... missed the playoffs too.

2014 was definitely a hot start... 9-1 but then our QB suffered a season ending knee injury and we collapsed to 11-5 with a 1st round playoff loss while our 3rd string QB was under center.

I blame 2014 on Palmer's injury... as would anyway with any football intelligence. Lose your QB in this league... you are DONE. It's that simple.

Feel free to bring up last season... every Seattle fan does being quick to point out how they beat us 19-3 and 35-6... somehow the part about it being a 3rd string QB is always left out but whatever.. We all know that if Carson doesn't go down at 9-1 (with Seattle at 6-4) last season that Arizona wins the division and Seattle is a WC and doesn't get HFA... but that's all water under the bridge now.

It's 2015... new season. Game on.

ClutchDJ

Reaction score
Barakas":1kb7rkhz said:
ClutchDJ":1kb7rkhz said:
Looking forward to what HawkPower has to say.

You are looking forward to what a Seahawks fan says on a Seahawks forum? All of your quests for...acknowledgment....respect...or whatever you want to call it is seriously funny on an opposing teams forum.

And when it occurs you will have really no one else to blame but yourself. It's not enough that your team is winning but making MULTIPLE threads about it each and every week is quickly becoming trolling and is why you have certain posters continuously refusing to say anything good about your team (referencing all of the Cardinal posters not just you).

Dude, relax.

Jeez, lol.

Just said I was looking forward to what HawkPower has to say. No need for a long diatribe.

rideaducati

Reaction score
AZ_fan":6029djga said:
Barakas":6029djga said:

We started 4-4 in 2013 and finished 10-6.. first year with Palmer but I definitely wouldn't call it a hot start... missed the playoffs too.

2014 was definitely a hot start... 9-1 but then our QB suffered a season ending knee injury and we collapsed to 11-5 with a 1st round playoff loss while our 3rd string QB was under center.

I blame 2014 on Palmer's injury... as would anyway with any football intelligence. Lose your QB in this league... you are DONE. It's that simple.

Feel free to bring up last season... every Seattle fan does being quick to point out how they beat us 19-3 and 35-6... somehow the part about it being a 3rd string QB is always left out but whatever.. We all know that if Carson doesn't go down at 9-1 (with Seattle at 6-4) last season that Arizona wins the division and Seattle is a WC and doesn't get HFA... but that's all water under the bridge now.

I don't know that if Carson stayed healthy that the cards would have won the division last year. I actually think the cards were lucky to have played Detroit and Dallas last year with their backup QBs...if you get Carson back, you have to give Stafford back to Detroit and Romo back to Dallas...I think Carson loses those games. Your "belief" otherwise will not change my opinion or the past.

Barakas

Reaction score
AZ_fan":7569v896 said:
Barakas":7569v896 said:

I'm talking about your attitudes on an opposing team forums. I'm talking about all of the Cardinal "news" that you shove in our face each week. This forum is suppose to be about general discussion of NFL topics but you and others are on the very edge of trolling right now.

Be respectful and you'll get the respect you are craving so much. Just look at the other threads regarding the Rams today. Yes, there is some complaining about the officiating but for the most part the vast majority is congratulating the Ram fans saying they wanted it more.

You all would get the same treatment but right now you are so darn arrogant that you are just going to reap what you sow. So, knock it down a few pegs, stop being so troll'ish, and everything can be civil.

And if you do want to talk about how injuries derailed your 2014 season, I'm pretty sure the Seahawk fans could talk plenty about how our 2015 season is going with the injuries we have sustained so far. In the end though we still have a few weeks before any of us know how this is going to turn out.

AZ_fan

Reaction score
rideaducati":3ggdoxjd said:
I don't know that if Carson stayed healthy that the cards would have won the division last year.

At 9-1 with a 3 game lead with 6 go I like our chances to split 1-1 with Seattle and go 4-2 at a minimum to finish 13-3... which negates that 6 game winning streak and 12-4 finish by Seattle.

Too bad we'll never know....

Barakas":3ggdoxjd said:
You all would get the same treatment but right now you are so darn arrogant that you are just going to reap what you sow. So, knock it down a few pegs, stop being so troll'ish, and everything can be civil.

Yeah I hear ya.

For the record though being arrogant and trollish is not what I'm about. I've actually gotten a few PMs from the Seattle faithful saying they like my posts and how I try to objectively look at things... for what that's worth.

It's just difficult being a fan of an opposing team on an opposing forum because not many are going to agree with me.

:th2thumbs:

kearly

Reaction score
Great win by AZ. The Packers have been plummeting down the DVOA rankings the past few weeks but it was cool seeing the Cardinals destroy them all the same. The Packers are the biggest paper tiger in the NFC this season.

As far as Seattle's loss to AZ, I'd imagine that DVOA will still smile on them even in defeat. Seattle outgained the Rams by 107 yards, had more first downs, won time of possession and was better on 3rd and 4th downs. Basically, Seattle lost this game in large part because of brutal officiating and very bad fumble luck, and DVOA does not include those plays in their formula. It was very similar to the loss against AZ at home earlier this year where Seattle graded out +88 over AZ despite losing because officiating had such a big impact on the game.

But anyway, its a good weekend to be a Cards fan. Pretty much everything went the way they wanted it to go.

Seattle is now 2-5 in one score games this season.

Laloosh

Reaction score
kearly":1df35uqy said:
Seattle is now 2-5 in one score games this season.

Didn't see that one coming back in August. Ouch.

PackerNation

Reaction score
kearly":2w3avnqf said:
Great win by AZ. The Packers have been plummeting down the DVOA rankings the past few weeks but it was cool seeing the Cardinals destroy them all the same. The Packers are the biggest paper tiger in the NFC this season.

Yea, total and complete ass kicking by the Cardinals today. Green Bay will struggle unless they figure it out, real quick.

Arizona is firing on all cylinders right now and they will be tough to beat.

Congrats Cardinal fans, that is the most complete team you have had in a while.

AZ_fan

Reaction score
kearly":2a65hmdz said:
Basically, Seattle lost this game in large part because of brutal officiating and very bad fumble luck, and DVOA does not include those plays in their formula. It was very similar to the loss against AZ at home earlier this year where Seattle graded out +88 over AZ despite losing because officiating had such a big impact on the game.

Sorry... just can't agree. I watched the game. Seattle lost because they didn't show up to play.

Tukuafu fumble
Bailey's chop block negating a huge play
Sweezy's hold negating another huge play
Avril/Irvin's offsides penalties extending Rams drives
RW going for extra yards and fumbling instead of going out of bounds

The Seahawks shot themselves in the foot.

Don't blame the refs.

PackerNation":2a65hmdz said:
Yea, total and complete ass kicking by the Cardinals today. Green Bay will struggle unless they figure it out, real quick.

/salute

OP
OP
R

ringless

Reaction score
AZ_fan":3u4hd58y said:
kearly":3u4hd58y said:
Basically, Seattle lost this game in large part because of brutal officiating and very bad fumble luck, and DVOA does not include those plays in their formula. It was very similar to the loss against AZ at home earlier this year where Seattle graded out +88 over AZ despite losing because officiating had such a big impact on the game.

Sorry... just can't agree. I watched the game. Seattle lost because they didn't show up to play.

Tukuafu fumble
Bailey's chop block negating a huge play
Sweezy's hold negating another huge play
Avril/Irvin's offsides penalties extending Rams drives
RW going for extra yards and fumbling instead of going out of bounds

The Seahawks shot themselves in the foot.

Don't blame the refs.

PackerNation":3u4hd58y said:

/salute

Kearly is probably one of the most level headed posters on here and I'd say one of if not the most respected on here. He knows more about football then you, and I ever would or could know.

There may be a little bias. A small amount. But he has some good points. I don't think the officiating is as poor as it was said to have been but I was also more pre-occupied watching our game.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
The officiating was pretty awful but Seattle did more than enough on their own to bury themselves.

Arizona is scary good though, I think unless you're rideaducati and willing to go down with your terrible take from July, you would be foolish not to consider them the favorite in the NFC right now.. and maybe even all of football when you consider the injuries in the AFC to contending teams (Pats, Bengals with ginger Andy, Broncos with Peyton, etc)