Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Arizonas Dominance

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Arizonas Dominance
Sun Dec 27, 2015 6:27 pm
  • I am sure DVOA should reflect this a little more after this week especially with our dominate win over a top 10DVOA team , and Seattle loss to a subpar team. As well as Carolina, and the Patriots losses.

But they have outscored their opponents by 206 points this season through 15 games. Over the course of a season that means they outscore the teams they play by 13.73 points per game every week. Not even close.

They clearly have the #1 scoring offense at 483 points scored. The next closest is Carolina at 462.

On defense they've only allowed 277 points (6 more than Seattle) Cincy and Denver are yet to play but it's possible that Arizona will be the4th best scoring Defense after Monday night only behind Cincy (play monday) , KC 270, and Seattle 271.

They actually have a shot at scoring the most points in the entire league. Allowing the fewest point in the entire league. I am not sure if that's ever been done before. That didn't happen because of one game. It happened because they dominated week in and week out over a season.

They score on average 32.20 ppg
    They allow on average 18.46 ppg
    ringless
    NET Veteran

Re: Arizonas Dominance
Sun Dec 27, 2015 6:29 pm
  • Can we change the name of this site to Cardinals.net? I have to wade through 100 Cardinal posts per day.
    marko358
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 27, 2015 6:33 pm
  • I am fine with it, and this is in the NFL section.. IMO you guys are the best team in the NFL.. I do not see anyone beating you in the playoffs.... it could happen, but I do not see it.
    Ambrose83
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 27, 2015 6:37 pm
  • Congratulations Ringless. You guys stomped the poop out of GB today and looked very dominant. That being said I still would rather go through GB and AZ than the Redskins and the Panthers.

Just my gut but I think the Redskins are hitting their stride and Carolina is still more dangerous. GB is in a steep decline from what I have seen lately and I think we can beat AZ even in AZ.

Good luck going forward and nice job today.
    The Lion has no interest in the opinion of the sheep.
    RichNhansom
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 27, 2015 6:41 pm
  • RichNhansom wrote:Congratulations Ringless. You guys stomped the poop out of GB today and looked very dominant. That being said I still would rather go through GB and AZ than the Redskins and the Panthers.

Just my gut but I think the Redskins are hitting their stride and Carolina is still more dangerous. GB is in a steep decline from what I have seen lately and I think we can beat AZ even in AZ.

Good luck going forward and nice job today.

Thank you. I actually think Redskins are the best of the 3 right now as well. My best friend is a Seattle fan. I think you guys would kill both the Packers and Vikings if you played them. Still think you beat the Redskins of course but I think they are the most physical of the three and would provide the biggest challenge.
    ringless
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 27, 2015 6:44 pm
  • ringless wrote:But they have outscored their opponents by 206 points this season through 15 games. Over the course of a season that means they outscore the teams they play by 13.73 points per game every week. Not even close.

Yep... only 10 teams have finished with a better point differential... 7 made the Super Bowl and 4 won it.

Probably the coolest stat though and it shows just how dominate our offense is this season...

*drumroll*

Arizona has more touchdowns than punts. (I didn't know this LOL)

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... of-packers
    AZ_fan
    NET Rookie

Sun Dec 27, 2015 6:49 pm
  • Looking forward to what HawkPower has to say.
    ClutchDJ
    NET Rookie

Sun Dec 27, 2015 6:54 pm
  • AZ_fan wrote:
    ringless wrote:But they have outscored their opponents by 206 points this season through 15 games. Over the course of a season that means they outscore the teams they play by 13.73 points per game every week. Not even close.

Yep... only 10 teams have finished with a better point differential... 7 made the Super Bowl and 4 won it.

Probably the coolest stat though and it shows just how dominate our offense is this season...

*drumroll*

Arizona has more touchdowns than punts. (I didn't know this LOL)

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... of-packers

Teams don't have to punt much when the guys in striped shirts give them free first downs on b.s. penalties...just sayin...
    rideaducati
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 27, 2015 6:56 pm
  • ClutchDJ wrote:Looking forward to what HawkPower has to say.

You are looking forward to what a Seahawks fan says on a Seahawks forum? All of your quests for...acknowledgment....respect...or whatever you want to call it is seriously funny on an opposing teams forum.

You all better pray you win the SB this year because if you don't these last two years of your hot starts and quick exits from the playoffs is going to be brought up over and over and over.

And when it occurs you will have really no one else to blame but yourself. It's not enough that your team is winning but making MULTIPLE threads about it each and every week is quickly becoming trolling and is why you have certain posters continuously refusing to say anything good about your team (referencing all of the Cardinal posters not just you).
    Barakas
    NET Starter

Sun Dec 27, 2015 7:05 pm
  • Barakas wrote:
    You all better pray you win the SB this year because if you don't these last two years of your hot starts and quick exits from the playoffs is going to be brought up over and over and over.

And when it occurs you will have really no one else to blame but yourself.

We started 4-4 in 2013 and finished 10-6.. first year with Palmer but I definitely wouldn't call it a hot start... missed the playoffs too.

2014 was definitely a hot start... 9-1 but then our QB suffered a season ending knee injury and we collapsed to 11-5 with a 1st round playoff loss while our 3rd string QB was under center.

I blame 2014 on Palmer's injury... as would anyway with any football intelligence. Lose your QB in this league... you are DONE. It's that simple.

Feel free to bring up last season... every Seattle fan does being quick to point out how they beat us 19-3 and 35-6... somehow the part about it being a 3rd string QB is always left out but whatever.. We all know that if Carson doesn't go down at 9-1 (with Seattle at 6-4) last season that Arizona wins the division and Seattle is a WC and doesn't get HFA... but that's all water under the bridge now.

It's 2015... new season. Game on.
    AZ_fan
    NET Rookie

Sun Dec 27, 2015 7:09 pm
  • Barakas wrote:
    ClutchDJ wrote:Looking forward to what HawkPower has to say.

You are looking forward to what a Seahawks fan says on a Seahawks forum? All of your quests for...acknowledgment....respect...or whatever you want to call it is seriously funny on an opposing teams forum.

And when it occurs you will have really no one else to blame but yourself. It's not enough that your team is winning but making MULTIPLE threads about it each and every week is quickly becoming trolling and is why you have certain posters continuously refusing to say anything good about your team (referencing all of the Cardinal posters not just you).

Dude, relax.

Jeez, lol.

Just said I was looking forward to what HawkPower has to say. No need for a long diatribe.
    ClutchDJ
    NET Rookie

Sun Dec 27, 2015 7:13 pm
  • AZ_fan wrote:
    Barakas wrote:

We started 4-4 in 2013 and finished 10-6.. first year with Palmer but I definitely wouldn't call it a hot start... missed the playoffs too.

2014 was definitely a hot start... 9-1 but then our QB suffered a season ending knee injury and we collapsed to 11-5 with a 1st round playoff loss while our 3rd string QB was under center.

I blame 2014 on Palmer's injury... as would anyway with any football intelligence. Lose your QB in this league... you are DONE. It's that simple.

Feel free to bring up last season... every Seattle fan does being quick to point out how they beat us 19-3 and 35-6... somehow the part about it being a 3rd string QB is always left out but whatever.. We all know that if Carson doesn't go down at 9-1 (with Seattle at 6-4) last season that Arizona wins the division and Seattle is a WC and doesn't get HFA... but that's all water under the bridge now.

I don't know that if Carson stayed healthy that the cards would have won the division last year. I actually think the cards were lucky to have played Detroit and Dallas last year with their backup QBs...if you get Carson back, you have to give Stafford back to Detroit and Romo back to Dallas...I think Carson loses those games. Your "belief" otherwise will not change my opinion or the past.
    rideaducati
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 27, 2015 7:15 pm
  • AZ_fan wrote:
    Barakas wrote:

I'm talking about your attitudes on an opposing team forums. I'm talking about all of the Cardinal "news" that you shove in our face each week. This forum is suppose to be about general discussion of NFL topics but you and others are on the very edge of trolling right now.

Be respectful and you'll get the respect you are craving so much. Just look at the other threads regarding the Rams today. Yes, there is some complaining about the officiating but for the most part the vast majority is congratulating the Ram fans saying they wanted it more.

You all would get the same treatment but right now you are so darn arrogant that you are just going to reap what you sow. So, knock it down a few pegs, stop being so troll'ish, and everything can be civil.

And if you do want to talk about how injuries derailed your 2014 season, I'm pretty sure the Seahawk fans could talk plenty about how our 2015 season is going with the injuries we have sustained so far. In the end though we still have a few weeks before any of us know how this is going to turn out.
    Barakas
    NET Starter

Sun Dec 27, 2015 7:32 pm
  • rideaducati wrote:I don't know that if Carson stayed healthy that the cards would have won the division last year.

At 9-1 with a 3 game lead with 6 go I like our chances to split 1-1 with Seattle and go 4-2 at a minimum to finish 13-3... which negates that 6 game winning streak and 12-4 finish by Seattle.

Too bad we'll never know....

Barakas wrote:
    You all would get the same treatment but right now you are so darn arrogant that you are just going to reap what you sow. So, knock it down a few pegs, stop being so troll'ish, and everything can be civil.

Yeah I hear ya.

For the record though being arrogant and trollish is not what I'm about. I've actually gotten a few PMs from the Seattle faithful saying they like my posts and how I try to objectively look at things... for what that's worth.

It's just difficult being a fan of an opposing team on an opposing forum because not many are going to agree with me.

:th2thumbs:
    AZ_fan
    NET Rookie

Sun Dec 27, 2015 7:35 pm
  • Great win by AZ. The Packers have been plummeting down the DVOA rankings the past few weeks but it was cool seeing the Cardinals destroy them all the same. The Packers are the biggest paper tiger in the NFC this season.

As far as Seattle's loss to AZ, I'd imagine that DVOA will still smile on them even in defeat. Seattle outgained the Rams by 107 yards, had more first downs, won time of possession and was better on 3rd and 4th downs. Basically, Seattle lost this game in large part because of brutal officiating and very bad fumble luck, and DVOA does not include those plays in their formula. It was very similar to the loss against AZ at home earlier this year where Seattle graded out +88 over AZ despite losing because officiating had such a big impact on the game.

But anyway, its a good weekend to be a Cards fan. Pretty much everything went the way they wanted it to go.

Seattle is now 2-5 in one score games this season.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

Sun Dec 27, 2015 7:44 pm
  • kearly wrote:Seattle is now 2-5 in one score games this season.

Didn't see that one coming back in August. Ouch.
    Adopt A Rookie: Nick Vannett, TE - Ohio State University
    Laloosh
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 27, 2015 8:32 pm
  • kearly wrote:Great win by AZ. The Packers have been plummeting down the DVOA rankings the past few weeks but it was cool seeing the Cardinals destroy them all the same. The Packers are the biggest paper tiger in the NFC this season.

Yea, total and complete ass kicking by the Cardinals today. Green Bay will struggle unless they figure it out, real quick.

Arizona is firing on all cylinders right now and they will be tough to beat.

Congrats Cardinal fans, that is the most complete team you have had in a while.
    PackerNation
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 27, 2015 8:40 pm
  • kearly wrote: Basically, Seattle lost this game in large part because of brutal officiating and very bad fumble luck, and DVOA does not include those plays in their formula. It was very similar to the loss against AZ at home earlier this year where Seattle graded out +88 over AZ despite losing because officiating had such a big impact on the game.

Sorry... just can't agree. I watched the game. Seattle lost because they didn't show up to play.

Tukuafu fumble
    Bailey's chop block negating a huge play
    Sweezy's hold negating another huge play
    Avril/Irvin's offsides penalties extending Rams drives
    RW going for extra yards and fumbling instead of going out of bounds

The Seahawks shot themselves in the foot.

Don't blame the refs.

PackerNation wrote:Yea, total and complete ass kicking by the Cardinals today. Green Bay will struggle unless they figure it out, real quick.

/salute
    AZ_fan
    NET Rookie

Sun Dec 27, 2015 8:46 pm
  • AZ_fan wrote:
    kearly wrote: Basically, Seattle lost this game in large part because of brutal officiating and very bad fumble luck, and DVOA does not include those plays in their formula. It was very similar to the loss against AZ at home earlier this year where Seattle graded out +88 over AZ despite losing because officiating had such a big impact on the game.

Sorry... just can't agree. I watched the game. Seattle lost because they didn't show up to play.

Tukuafu fumble
    Bailey's chop block negating a huge play
    Sweezy's hold negating another huge play
    Avril/Irvin's offsides penalties extending Rams drives
    RW going for extra yards and fumbling instead of going out of bounds

The Seahawks shot themselves in the foot.

Don't blame the refs.

PackerNation wrote:Yea, total and complete ass kicking by the Cardinals today. Green Bay will struggle unless they figure it out, real quick.

/salute

Kearly is probably one of the most level headed posters on here and I'd say one of if not the most respected on here. He knows more about football then you, and I ever would or could know.

There may be a little bias. A small amount. But he has some good points. I don't think the officiating is as poor as it was said to have been but I was also more pre-occupied watching our game.
    ringless
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 27, 2015 9:00 pm
  • The officiating was pretty awful but Seattle did more than enough on their own to bury themselves.

Arizona is scary good though, I think unless you're rideaducati and willing to go down with your terrible take from July, you would be foolish not to consider them the favorite in the NFC right now.. and maybe even all of football when you consider the injuries in the AFC to contending teams (Pats, Bengals with ginger Andy, Broncos with Peyton, etc)
    February 2, 2014... the day the dream was finally realized
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

Sun Dec 27, 2015 9:28 pm
  • ringless wrote:
    Kearly is probably one of the most level headed posters on here and I'd say one of if not the most respected on here. He knows more about football then you, and I ever would or could know.

There may be a little bias. A small amount. But he has some good points. I don't think the officiating is as poor as it was said to have been but I was also more pre-occupied watching our game.

That may be so... but my opinion of the game doesn't change.

Seattle looked flat... all game. I don't recall a single officiating call that I think was wrong for either team.

Hasselbeck wrote:The officiating was pretty awful but Seattle did more than enough on their own to bury themselves.

Arizona is scary good though, I think unless you're rideaducati and willing to go down with your terrible take from July, you would be foolish not to consider them the favorite in the NFC right now.. and maybe even all of football when you consider the injuries in the AFC to contending teams (Pats, Bengals with ginger Andy, Broncos with Peyton, etc)

I think Seattle did plenty to bury themselves... and thanks for the props.
    AZ_fan
    NET Rookie

Sun Dec 27, 2015 9:54 pm
  • AZ_fan wrote:
    ringless wrote:

That may be so... but my opinion of the game doesn't change.

Seattle looked flat... all game. I don't recall a single officiating call that I think was wrong for either team.

Hasselbeck wrote:The officiating was pretty awful but Seattle did more than enough on their own to bury themselves.

I think Seattle did plenty to bury themselves... and thanks for the props.

Remember this post when the cards get boned by the zebras. Your post sounds a lot a like what the cowboys fans said last season after the LIons playoff game after they got a "gift" from the zebras/NFL that propelled them into advancement in the playoffs. They said "one call doesn't effect the outcome of a game", then one week later they were the same ones crying about "being hosed by the officials" on the Dez Bryant dropped pass. If you live by bad officiating, you die by bad officiating.

And before you down that road, Seattle played like pure crap today and deserved to lose. They sleep walked thru the game. It was a total team dumpster fire of a game from the coaching, to the players, etc etc etc.
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Mon Dec 28, 2015 12:15 am
  • ringless wrote:I am sure DVOA should reflect this a little more after this week especially with our dominate win over a top 10DVOA team , and Seattle loss to a subpar team. As well as Carolina, and the Patriots losses.

But they have outscored their opponents by 206 points this season through 15 games. Over the course of a season that means they outscore the teams they play by 13.73 points per game every week. Not even close.

They clearly have the #1 scoring offense at 483 points scored. The next closest is Carolina at 462.

On defense they've only allowed 277 points (6 more than Seattle) Cincy and Denver are yet to play but it's possible that Arizona will be the4th best scoring Defense after Monday night only behind Cincy (play monday) , KC 270, and Seattle 271.

They actually have a shot at scoring the most points in the entire league. Allowing the fewest point in the entire league. I am not sure if that's ever been done before. That didn't happen because of one game. It happened because they dominated week in and week out over a season.

They score on average 32.20 ppg
    They allow on average 18.46 ppg

Regular season champs.

I don't say that tongue in cheek or disrespectfully, either. The Cardinals have been excellent. If they can keep this up in the playoffs, they have a great shot at making your username here untrue.

Still a long way to go, and the NFC comes through the two time defending champs. If you want to be the best, you're going to have to beat the best. It won't be Carolina. It'll be us. And if you do that, I'll tip my hat. But until that day comes, a spot in 50 comes through the Seahawks.
    Rob12
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 28, 2015 12:22 am
  • AZ_Fan... Is this the first year you've showed up here?
    Rob12
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 28, 2015 4:48 am
  • Their loss in the playoffs will be that much more enjoyable.

Arians face as red as his jacket brings me joy.
    Smellyman
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 28, 2015 5:45 am

Mon Dec 28, 2015 5:59 am
  • The OP might need to change his screenname handle after this season. Arizona is just that good.
    BlackandGolden
    NET Rookie

Mon Dec 28, 2015 7:26 am
  • Rob12 wrote:AZ_Fan... Is this the first year you've showed up here?

Yeah... and rather than type it all over again I'm gonna copy and paste from the other thread where you took it upon yourself to bash me.

Rob12 wrote:
    AZ_fan wrote:
    Where were you last year? Or the year before? The Cardinals wrap the division up and you show up here and start flapping your gums? You're weak. I respect ringless. He's been here a bit and taken his lumps. You, on the other hand? Garbage.

For the record I took a job in Seattle in October and moved here. After being flooded with all the local Seahawks chatter I registered early December after checking out a few of the forums and deciding that this one looked the most legit. I mentioned that in one of my original posts.

What does that have to do with anything? If I had registered in October you'd accuse me of trolling your 2-4 Seahawks. If I waited till the playoffs you'd accuse me of something else... I registered when I did and I'm accused of waiting till we clinched...

You wanna know the real reason I waited? Because I wanted us to have something to talk about.

2013 we missed the playoffs at 10-6.
    2014 our season was over in week 10.

Why register then? What would there be to talk about? The same thing I'm hearing now? "We beat you twice (with your 3rd string QB) you suck."

Oh... and you can bet the farm that if Arizona loses in the playoffs I WILL BE HERE TO TAKE MY LUMPS.

"Garbage?"

Get over yourself.
    AZ_fan
    NET Rookie

Mon Dec 28, 2015 7:29 am
  • kearly wrote:Great win by AZ. The Packers have been plummeting down the DVOA rankings the past few weeks but it was cool seeing the Cardinals destroy them all the same. The Packers are the biggest paper tiger in the NFC this season.

As far as Seattle's loss to AZ, I'd imagine that DVOA will still smile on them even in defeat. Seattle outgained the Rams by 107 yards, had more first downs, won time of possession and was better on 3rd and 4th downs. Basically, Seattle lost this game in large part because of brutal officiating and very bad fumble luck, and DVOA does not include those plays in their formula. It was very similar to the loss against AZ at home earlier this year where Seattle graded out +88 over AZ despite losing because officiating had such a big impact on the game.

But anyway, its a good weekend to be a Cards fan. Pretty much everything went the way they wanted it to go.

Seattle is now 2-5 in one score games this season.

Just curious, but does DVOA factor in garbage time yards/points? That last drive by Seattle occurred when the game was decided.

Also, the 10 points scored prior, and the yards with those points came only because of two Rams personal foul penalties...if not for those, the score may have been 23-0 before that last drive.

I didn't see any poor officiating either - they could've called a personal foul on the Rams on Wilson's slide, but I've seen that not called a lot this year when they stay away from the head/neck area. Other than that one call, I'm not sure what Seattle fans could possibly have a gripe about. The announcers showed the replays of most of the penalties on Seattle and confirmed that they thought they were good calls - the holds certainly looked like holds; it's definitely illegal to dive into the back of a players' legs, and the Rams clearly recovered all of the fumbles despite the confusion on the first one.
    Ramfan128
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 28, 2015 7:37 am
  • Sports Hernia wrote:

Remember this post when the cards get boned by the zebras. Your post sounds a lot a like what the cowboys fans said last season after the LIons playoff game after they got a "gift" from the zebras/NFL that propelled them into advancement in the playoffs. They said "one call doesn't effect the outcome of a game", then one week later they were the same ones crying about "being hosed by the officials" on the Dez Bryant dropped pass. If you live by bad officiating, you die by bad officiating.

I've said from the beginning that the officiating across the league has been garbage since week 1.

The NFL needs to fix it... and they also need to define "a catch" as well.

Instant replay is a complete joke as well... I'm sorry but micro-managing every freakin' play isn't why instant replay was created.

"Hey look... he bobbled the ball .0004 seconds before his knee touched the ground! Incomplete."

What a crock...
    AZ_fan
    NET Rookie

Mon Dec 28, 2015 7:54 am
  • AZ_fan wrote:
    Sports Hernia wrote:

I've said from the beginning that the officiating across the league has been garbage since week 1.

The NFL needs to fix it... and they also need to define "a catch" as well.

Instant replay is a complete joke as well... I'm sorry but micro-managing every freakin' play isn't why instant replay was created.

"Hey look... he bobbled the ball .0004 seconds before his knee touched the ground! Incomplete."

What a crock...

Also the Cardinals did get boned by the officials this year. Happens to all teams.
    Ramfan128
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 28, 2015 8:08 am
  • Rob12 wrote:AZ_Fan... Is this the first year you've showed up here?

Isn't it weird that of the 7 Cardinal fans in the country, 3 of them spend 50% of their free time on a Seahawks message board?
    marko358
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 28, 2015 8:14 am
  • marko358 wrote:
    Rob12 wrote:AZ_Fan... Is this the first year you've showed up here?

Isn't it weird that of the 7 Cardinal fans in the country, 3 of them spend 50% of their free time on a Seahawks message board?

It's good entertainment.

I wouldn't say 50% though... not even close. More like 15% of my workday.
    AZ_fan
    NET Rookie

Mon Dec 28, 2015 8:50 am
  • Cards look ready to win a super bowl. It's a bummer for Hawks fans, but they are playing damn good ball and are fun to watch.
    AbsolutNET
    * NET X's & O's Guru *

Mon Dec 28, 2015 9:39 am
  • If we don't win it. I hope Zona takes it.

Would be pretty cool to know all the teams in our division have hoisted the trophy.
    ApnaHawk
    NET Rookie

Mon Dec 28, 2015 9:47 am
  • AbsolutNET wrote:Cards look ready to win a super bowl. It's a bummer for Hawks fans, but they are playing damn good ball and are fun to watch.

I remember seeing something similar in 2013/2014 except it was the Seahawks vs Green Bay...
    AZ_fan
    NET Rookie

Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:04 am
  • ApnaHawk wrote:If we don't win it. I hope Zona takes it.

Would be pretty cool to know all the teams in our division have hoisted the trophy.

And apart from the Rams...Since 2005 for appearances would be

Seahawks 3
    Cards 2
    49ers 1

That would be 6 superbowl appearances from our division in 10 or so years

"Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does"
    WilsonMVP
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:47 am
  • Az has looked like they would win a Superbowl before and ringless is still ringless.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Mon Dec 28, 2015 12:15 pm
  • Largent80 wrote:Az has looked like they would win a Superbowl before and ringless is still ringless.

Never looked this good before. Big difference.

This team looks "2013 Seattle Seahawks" good... and I really mean that. They've been that good all season and nobody is playing better football right now.

To everyone who said our D would collapse when HB went out... I'm sorry you were wrong on that too.

More touchdowns than punts... think about that for a minute. Then we'll discuss the defense.
    AZ_fan
    NET Rookie

Mon Dec 28, 2015 12:27 pm
  • AZ_fan wrote:
    Largent80 wrote:Az has looked like they would win a Superbowl before and ringless is still ringless.

This team looks "2013 Seattle Seahawks" good... and I really mean that. They've been that good all season and nobody is playing better football right now.

To everyone who said our D would collapse when HB went out... I'm sorry you were wrong on that too.

More touchdowns than punts... think about that for a minute. Then we'll discuss the defense.
    Yeah, you guys are a threat, and it will be a tough game next week.

Playoffs will be an interesting one. Can the Cardinals remain playing at a high level in the post season? Time will tell. This is definitely Arizona's best season in franchise history. Enjoy the ride while it lasts!!
    Decimation
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 28, 2015 12:55 pm
  • It would also be the 4th consecutive year that the NFC West represents the NFC in the Super Bowl...although only won 1 out of the first 3.

Also, not to derail the thread, because the Cardinals have played AMAZING all year long but....your PPG difference of 13.7 is awesome, but the 1999 Rams PPG differential was 17.8, which I believe is the best for any NFC West team and still 3rd all time.

Crazy to think how dominate the Cardinals have been this year though.
    Ramfan128
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 28, 2015 1:14 pm
  • Decimation wrote:Yeah, you guys are a threat, and it will be a tough game next week.

Playoffs will be an interesting one. Can the Cardinals remain playing at a high level in the post season? Time will tell. This is definitely Arizona's best season in franchise history. Enjoy the ride while it lasts!!

Thanks!

/salute

Ramfan128 wrote:
    Crazy to think how dominate the Cardinals have been this year though.

Yep... none of it matters though if the team doesn't deliver in January.
    AZ_fan
    NET Rookie

Mon Dec 28, 2015 6:23 pm
  • Largent80 wrote:Az has looked like they would win a Superbowl before and ringless is still ringless.

If we don't make it, I'm rooting for the Bengals. Last thing I want to see is a years worth of gloating from Cards fans in here. Can't stand the smug look on Arians' face either. Would rather that someone like Marv Lewis win it.
    marko358
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 28, 2015 7:24 pm
  • i am not on the bad officiating train, i did not see any awful calls, I think a PF should have been called on that guy hitting RW in the knee.. aside from that.. we earned that L... boneheaded penalties, awful execution etc... they just played better. no excuses.
    Ambrose83
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 28, 2015 7:34 pm
  • marko358 wrote:
    Largent80 wrote:Az has looked like they would win a Superbowl before and ringless is still ringless.

If we don't make it, I'm rooting for the Bengals. Last thing I want to see is a years worth of gloating from Cards fans in here. Can't stand the smug look on Arians' face either. Would rather that someone like Marv Lewis win it.

Must be the new Cards fans, I'm still in shock when we win regularly. I hope the Cards win the Superbowl primarily for Fitzgerald - I don't want him to end up like Calvin or Andre Johnson, great careers, no rings...
    b8rtm8nn
    NET Starter

Mon Dec 28, 2015 7:39 pm
  • Ramfan128 wrote:It would also be the 4th consecutive year that the NFC West represents the NFC in the Super Bowl...although only won 1 out of the first 3..

This.

I love this stat.

An NFC W team in the SuperBowl every year.

I'm fine passing the mantle off to the Cards, and fine keeping it the Hawks.

Rams will be up soon. In the meantime, keep it going.
    When you get to Helllll, John. Tel em Daisy sentcha.
    RedAlice
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 28, 2015 8:10 pm
  • Laloosh wrote:
    kearly wrote:Seattle is now 2-5 in one score games this season.

Didn't see that one coming back in August. Ouch.

Take nothing away from the beautiful win the Cardinals had over the Packers. Loved it. But, each week fickle "experts" seem to have a new favorite team. Doesn't mean a whole lot come playoff time. It's where dreams go to die.

The Seahawks record is what it is and the Cardinals are contending for the #1 seed going into week 17. Still, the "what if" scenario is noteworthy because of just how close those losses were. Week 1 @ Rams plus the home losses to Panthers and Bengals (+ unbelievably poor officiating in the Arizona game.) Those games could have gone either way... and perhaps should have. It would have made the narrative going into week 17 a completely different story. It's truly a game of inches.

With the play calling in the week 16 game, I sort of felt like Bevell and Cable went into it fully intending to give the young runners as much experience as they could against one of the best D-lines in the league. Run, Run, Pass isn't exactly the recipe for Hawks success as of late. Especially in the first half, felt like the Hawks were more interested in preserving their WR's and just trying to keep it close into the 4th quarter.

That cheap shot to TE Willson's head was unbelievable. Seems like the Rams were interested to do more than contribute to making the Hawks the 6th seed (which might be better anyway - Lol.) Someone posted about "how many cheap shots" would there be prior to the game. I didn't take that thread as serious as I do now. The flippin' punter even got into it.

I don't think any team should be overly confident going into these playoffs. Obviously, it's like the 1 and 2 seeds are already 1-0. But, when the divisional round weekend arrives, every team is 1-0. Game on. Regular season is behind. Anything can happen and the Panthers + Cardinals will feel the added pressure to not lose when it more ultimately matters. Will be very interesting as long as the Hawks get some key players back on the field. It will be sort of cool to be the villain without the pressure of being the favorite to win at home.

Don't look now, but the Redskins are peaking at the right time as well. Not into predictions (and certainly not looking past the NFC North teams), but I could totally see the divisional round matchups as:
    Seattle @ Carolina
    Washington @ Arizona
    Both road teams would have the potential to ruin dream seasons.
    Fan since team Est. 1976
    Winner of 2013 and 2015 .net annual draft contests
    TeamoftheCentury
    NET Veteran

Tue Dec 29, 2015 12:59 am
  • Just saying is all...

Rob12
    NET Veteran

Tue Dec 29, 2015 5:34 am
  • AZ_fan wrote:

Talk doesn't win jack squat pal.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:22 am
  • Rob12 wrote:Just saying is all...

A Lombardi for us would not only force the Seattle fans to come up with new material and we'd also get to join them in that exclusive club of 1 Super Bowl win in 40 years... along with teams like the Saints and Bucs.

I'm excited.

Largent80 wrote:
    Talk doesn't win jack squat pal.

You're right it doesn't... I was merely pointing out a rather telling stat.

I'm not much into trash talk... looking forward to Sunday's game.
    AZ_fan
    NET Rookie

Next

It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:21 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information