Odell Beckham out of control, spearing with his helmet

Barakas

Reaction score
not like that is any real punishment....oh wait....I forgot at 6-8 they are still contenders for their division.

JPatera76

Reaction score
Should have been Ejected and get a game suspension..

But we know the NFl and how each team has their own set of rules lollol :) /sarcasm

Threedee

Reaction score
The Panthers are pretty damn annoying, though. Whenever they face a perceived threat, like the Niners in the 2013 Divisional Round, us in Week 6, or this Giants matchup, they immediately go full-on douchebag. I'm glad Beckham did it. Better him than Irvin or Bennett...

jon70

Reaction score
That's not all he did, dude threw punches at different defenders all day and the refs did absolutely nothing about it, he should have been ejected way before the spearing incident. beckham should be suspended the rest of the year if i had any say.

ZorntoLargent

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":1e53ngxk said:
Dude's gonna be suspended for next week's game. Book it.

Either way, he will just protest and use lawyers to delay it until 2016? Ala Tom Brady?

Scottemojo

Reaction score
The Panthers have a bad habit of targeting specific players to out tough. So does Beckham, he is like Smith jr in that regard. I was anticipating this kind of stuff before the game.

Beckham will get in trouble for targeting the head and spearing, as he should. But the DB was the one who cracked his first, the begging for a flag as he gave up the tying TD was hilarious in it's wimpitude.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Anyone remember when those guys lost to SF at home in the playoffs because they got all wrapped up in being tougher than the Niners?
It is a liability that will bite them in the ass.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Also, props to Coughlin for one of the best and most honest pressers I have ever seen.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
In every game I have watched Norman play I have thought that guy is a cheap dirty player that runs his mouth constantly. Odell should not have done what he did but for Norman to lecture Odell is the epitome of hypocrisy.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
I watched that whole game, and Beckham was out of control. He threw punches on nearly every play where he was visible on the broadcast copy. He was primarily targeting Norman but he was throwing shots at others too.

The refs lost control of this game. I was stunned by how much he got away with. 3 personal fouls wasn't enough, and he absolutely should have been ejected.

Norman certainly baited him, but Beckham took it too far and the refs were insanely irresponsible for letting it continue. I imagine Beckham gets a 1-game suspension, but he probably deserves at least 2 games based on what he did throughout the whole game.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
DavidSeven":1jxu0t0l said:
I watched that whole game, and Beckham was out of control. He threw punches on nearly every play where he was visible on the broadcast copy. He was primarily targeting Norman but he was throwing shots at others too.

The refs lost control of this game. I was stunned by how much he got away with. 3 personal fouls wasn't enough, and he absolutely should have been ejected.

Norman certainly baited him, but Beckham took it too far and the refs were insanely irresponsible for letting it continue. I imagine Beckham gets a 1-game suspension, but he probably deserves at least 2 games based on what he did throughout the whole game.
It always amazes me how differently people can interpret the same video evidence. Let's just say I respestfully disagree with you concerning Norman and leave at that. Much like Arizona never getting offensive holding called against them. It's what the NFL wants and Seattle needs to figure out a way to overcome it once again.

Personally I'd take a page from New England's playbook and score a lot of points and never let off the gas pedal ever. Being in the lead 98% of the time renders this crap moot.

kearly

Reaction score
I would be a little surprised if Beckham is suspended. Not that he doesn't deserve it, but he is arguably the biggest star in the league outside of QB, and big stars tend to get star treatment.

And I know this is sad, but next week is the fantasy championship week. And Beckham is one of the highest scoring players in the game this year. Given the huge popularity of fantasy football and the positive effect it has had on the popularity of the sport, I would be surprised if it didn't factor at least a little. These two factors might also help explain why Beckham was never ejected from the game despite being clearly out of control.

I'm not saying that Beckham's fantasy value is the reason why he wasn't ejected, but I do think fantasy value is likely a contributing factor to how much star treatment a player gets.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
kearly":116ayzp4 said:
I would be a little surprised if Beckham is suspended. Not that he doesn't deserve it, but he is arguably the biggest star in the league outside of QB, and big stars tend to get star treatment.

And I know this is sad, but next week is the fantasy championship week. And Beckham is one of the highest scoring players in the game this year. Given the huge popularity of fantasy football and the positive effect it has had on the popularity of the sport, I would be surprised if it didn't factor at least a little. These two factors might also help explain why Beckham was never ejected from the game despite being clearly out of control.

I'm not saying that Beckham's fantasy value is the reason why he wasn't ejected, but I do think fantasy value is likely a contributing factor to how much star treatment a player gets.

Schefter already reporting he's likely getting suspended a game. FWIW.

ringless

Reaction score
@RapSheet 24m24 minutes ago
As of a couple minutes ago, the #Giants and @NFL were trying to make sense of why Josh Norman was carrying a black bat on the field pregame

@art_stapleton
I'm told Norman was swinging a baseball bat on the sideline during pre-game warmups + got the attention of players on the field.

"In pregame warmups, at least one Panthers official, and possibly more, carried black baseball bats on to the field and were motioning with them towards Odell Beckham Jr. while making comments to him, per a league source. Norman later grabbed the black bat and was swinging it in pregame warmups – which, by the way, an NFL Films camera captured. Beckham, according to another source, felt threatened and it helped put him in a certain frame of mind. It does not excuse what he did during the course of the game, but it does explain what led up to the battle that still is the talk of the league today."

https://www.facebook.com/AdamSchefter/p ... 0336660940

DavidSeven

Reaction score
The NFL may be setting the stage for keeping OBJ in its Sunday Night game by leaking all this "baseball bat" nonsense about Norman. All the league-approved talking heads are shamelessly taking the bait.

Come on, use common sense. This has absolutely nothing to do with what occurred during the game. The league office is spinning desperately to preserve the image of its biggest young star.