hawknation2015

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/MichaelCauble/status/678796973592326144[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/ESPNNFL/status/679022182454968321[/tweet]

ringless

Reaction score
hawknation2015":2din8nvu said:

Same knee he tore before I believe. That would be a huge blow if serious. He's actually a great kid too and I hope all is well as he deserves to play on the field come January.

OP
OP
hawknation2015

hawknation2015

Reaction score
ringless":1b8eho7m said:
hawknation2015":1b8eho7m said:

Same knee he tore before I believe. That would be a huge blow if serious. He's actually a great kid too and I hope all is well as he deserves to play on the field come January.

I agree. He has had an unbelievable, Pro Bowl caliber year. I hope he's alright. He's truly the heart and soul of that defense.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Agreed.

Watching him on the local media, seems like a real like-able guy.

Hope for the best

drdiags

Reaction score
Hopefully it is just a twist. The way he went down you could see there was a problem. Dude is a wrecking ball out there. Tough to know when to back off your team. It was a clean interception, just landed awkwardly. Hindsight says he shouldn't have been out there but as a coach, you do what you feel is best for your team.

I wouldn't criticize the coach for playing his players the way he wants. Bill Belichick does this all the time.

ringless

Reaction score
David J. Chao, MD Retweeted Chris Hall
"loose" usually means ligament sprain/tear. Hope not.

Knee is reportedly loose. He was a candidate for DPOY this year too. That's about as big as a blow we could get outside of PP or Carson.

b8rtm8nn

Reaction score
ringless":3jiym40o said:

Knee is reportedly loose. He was a candidate for DPOY this year too. That's about as big as a blow we could get outside of PP or Carson.

If it's a mild sprain/tear, he may be back by the playoffs. I hope that to be true, he is one of the most entertaining players to watch.

ringless

Reaction score
b8rtm8nn":390w5804 said:
ringless":390w5804 said:

If it's a mild sprain/tear, he may be back by the playoffs. I hope that to be true, he is one of the most entertaining players to watch.

Well if that's the case than MCL would be best because he could return from that. Meniscus, ACL, and PCL are all season enders at this point.

ilikedlargent

Reaction score
ringless":3ho7fqa0 said:

What the hell does reportedly 'loose' mean?

ApnaHawk

Reaction score
Great guy. Him and Larry make the Cards acceptable in my eyes.

Hopefully he is ready to play if we see each other in the playoffs. Beating you with a man down; I couldn't bear the thought of how many Cards fans will blame the injury for the loss.

ringless

Reaction score
He is out with a Torn ACL.

Thats too bad, he had to have been rated as a top 3 safety this year. This will be one that will be hard for the team to recover from. He does a lot for this team as a hybrid.

Our radio guys don't think this is something the team can recover from. Really sad because he deserves to be on the field. Terrible news.

jake206

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/679018343244918785[/tweet]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/679018685416275968[/tweet]
Its too bad. He's one of the few non-hawk players I enjoy watching play.

Threedee

Reaction score
The silver lining is he can smoke as much pot as he wants throughout the recovery process without judgment or fear of the NFL breathing down his neck.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
This is a huge loss. Mathieu does so much for the Cardinals defense. Would be like us losing Earl.

ringless

Reaction score
@Kyle_Odegard 7m7 minutes ago
Tyrann Mathieu ends his season as the highest-rated CB in the NFL, per @PFF, and it wasn't close. Graded +28.1. Josh Norman 2nd at +14.2.

He's in the running for defensive player of the year as well. Not sure who we sign to replace him at an already thin position.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Hate to see anyone go down with an injury like this, but this sure does help our chances of getting to the SB if we have to face AZ.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":2bjulj97 said:
This is a huge loss. Mathieu does so much for the Cardinals defense. Would be like us losing Earl.
Pretty much. Excuse me if I'm not crying. They will deal with it or not. I hope it's not. It isn't like other teams deal with this and it basically ruined their season. Baltimore, Dallas. And likely Minnesota, Green Bay, Indianapolis the list is long and possibly includes the Seahawks, Denver, New England, Pittsburgh and Kansas City. Buck up, deal with it and adapt. Almost all those terms lost their focal point stars or more for huge stretches of the season if not longer.

Latest posts