Twitter to Stream TNF

kidhawk

Reaction score
[urltargetblank]http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Daily/Issues/2015/12/16/Media/NFL-Thursday.aspx[/urltargetblank]

The league last week sent formal RFPs to the usual TV partners and outlets -- CBS, ESPN, Fox, NBC and Turner -- that outlined the NFL’s plan to sell a one-year deal with a league option for a second year. The league also sent RFPs to several digital companies, like Google, Yahoo, Apple and Amazon, to stream the entire Thursday night schedule on a non-exclusive basis, sources said. The league’s initial plan would have the digital streams serve as a simulcast of the television production -- with the same ads and in-game production features.

Edit to change title to reflect today's news that twitter will stream TNF

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":e5dse5zu said:
The only problem here, is that TNF is generally shit.

But once they start getting the influx of cash from streaming, they will expand it and that will give us all more options.

gargantual

Reaction score
Now they just need to start doing it for ALL nfl games.

Screw the cable and satellite companies! What the heck is the difference if they broadcast all the same commercials? It's the same from the nfl's and the tv network's perspective. They still get their revenues AND actually increase viewership.

......Well I suppose they lose the money that Comcast and whatnot pay them to monopolize that content. Like I said, screw them!!!

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
[urltargetblank]http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000650453/article/thursday-night-football-to-be-streamed-live-on-twitter[/urltargetblank]

NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell announced Tuesday morning that Thursday Night Football will be streamed live on Twitter for 10 games in 2016.

The social-media platform was one of several companies vying for the opportunity to purchase the streaming package for the prime time slate.

The NFL has been searching for a partner after a successful trial run last year when Yahoo! won the right to stream the Jacksonville Jaguars-Buffalo Bills game from London.

"This is about transforming the fan experience with football. People watch NFL games with Twitter today," Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey said in a statement. "Now they'll be able to watch right on Twitter Thursday nights."

In addition to live streaming the game, Twitter's partnership includes in-game highlights from TNF and pre-game Periscope broadcasts with players and teams.

MrThortan

Reaction score
It is a good start. I like how they have had the Superbowl free online the last couple years. I haven't had TV for over a decade. Have been patiently waiting for legal live streams for a while now. I would pay a fair price for it.

pehawk

Reaction score
Pure logistical question; how do you watch something on twitter?

Greenhell

Reaction score
Unless you're going to streamcast on to a large tv, watching a game on your phone would be crap.

pehawk

Reaction score
Greenhell":wppsl7tg said:
Unless you're going to streamcast on to a large tv, watching a game on your phone would be crap.

I've never seen a cast option on twitter. They'll obviously have to do some development work.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
Greenhell":2s1nlni1 said:

unless you could watch it like this....

[youtube]-gnvQS2xhRg[/youtube]

253hawk

Reaction score
pehawk":fj0diosf said:
Greenhell":fj0diosf said:

I've never seen a cast option on twitter. They'll obviously have to do some development work.

Twitter owns Vine, so they've got some of the video delivery infrastructure in place already.

But yeah...they'd better have something I can use on my Roku.