TNF: I thought Gurley was supposed to be awesome?

b8rtm8nn

Reaction score
After watching last night, I wasn't as impressed with Gurley in relation to his hype - he looks like a very good runner, but not great - a lot of the tackles on him were low leg wrap-ups, which I figured he would break through, but didn't. Reminded me of Beanie Wells.

Is he injured or something, because I would take Rawls, Hyde or D. Johnson over him based on what I've seen last night.

ClutchDJ

Reaction score
Would you say this about Rawls, Johnson, & Hyde(This dude is already having injury problems early in his career, don't know why you would take him over anyone) if they had a bad game?

I would still take Gurley over anyone else in the league not named Adrian Peterson & Le'Veon Bell.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
To be fair to the OP, Gurley hasn't been all that impressive since those 4 games where he was ripping off 100 yard halves. Hes only topped 100 yards once in his last 7 games (only topping 70 yards 2 times in his last 7, really). Goes a bit past "a bad game"

Still, 3rd in the NFL in total yards, such was the magnitude of that 4 game run.

Rams fans probably know why...

OP
OP
b8rtm8nn

b8rtm8nn

Reaction score
Yeah - I kinda of posted to get the Rams fans to clarify - I sense from some comments that he gets stronger as the game goes on, but people compare him to AP, and I just don't see it. AP looks like he is shot out of a cannon at times and can jump cut 2 yards sideways; Gurley looks hard to bring down, but when caught up in the trash of the line, he just looks good, not great. He does look great as a receiving threat to me though.

TBF, I have only watched 3 Rams games this year, and one of them was when Foles was playing like garbage, so stacking the line on defense was easy.

OP
OP
b8rtm8nn

b8rtm8nn

Reaction score
FlyHawksFly":2t8ljso5 said:
b8rtm8nn":2t8ljso5 said:
Yeah - I kinda of posted to get the Rams fans to clarify - I sense from some comments that he gets stronger as the game goes on, but people compare him to AP, and I just don't see it. AP looks like he is shot out of a cannon at times and can jump cut 2 yards sideways; Gurley looks hard to bring down, but when caught up in the trash of the line, he just looks good, not great. He does look great as a receiving threat to me though.

TBF, I have only watched 3 Rams games this year, and one of them was when Foles was playing like garbage, so stacking the line on defense was easy.

Why not go to a Rams board then? I swear, I don't get the fascination you opposing fans get hanging out here.

Probably because I bring up Gurley in comparison to 3 other RBs in the NFC West, this is the NFL Nation topic and this forum has the most fans from all teams in the NFC West, which speaks to the success of Seahawks.net. But feel free to be critical instead of useful.

HawkMeat

Reaction score
Any player can have a bad game or opposing team plays lights out. Gurley is a fantastic runner. Not sure what his game is like recently.
Just think AP the alien cheetah racked up what 18 yards against the Hawks a couple weeks ago. I don't think anyone would question AP?

ringless

Reaction score
FlyHawksFly":23jo7bzc said:
b8rtm8nn":23jo7bzc said:
FlyHawksFly":23jo7bzc said:
b8rtm8nn":23jo7bzc said:

Why not go to a Rams board then? I swear, I don't get the fascination you opposing fans get hanging out here.

Probably because I bring up Gurley in comparison to 3 other RBs in the NFC West, this is the NFL Nation topic and this forum has the most fans from all teams in the NFC West, which speaks to the success of Seahawks.net. But feel free to be critical instead of useful.

You are asking for Rams fan's opinions specifically, there are like 3 that post here. I am not being critical, I am being helpful: If you want an opposing teams opinion on their own players, go to their boards. Sorry if that offends you, but lets not pretend that this is some Mecca for opposing fans.

I'm just here to promote my mixtape

RichNhansom

Reaction score
FlyHawksFly":2c4qcnon said:
b8rtm8nn":2c4qcnon said:

I'm not sure why this bothers you. I kind of enjoy the banter from opposing teams fans on here. Gives us a front row seat.

This is also in the NFL nation section where it belongs. Let them go at it. If he posts this on a Rams board I completely miss it right along with the 4 rams fans.

OP
OP
b8rtm8nn

b8rtm8nn

Reaction score
FlyHawksFly":2mp0cp9c said:
You are asking for Rams fan's opinions specifically, there are like 3 that post here. I am not being critical, I am being helpful: If you want an opposing teams opinion on their own players, go to their boards. Sorry if that offends you, but lets not pretend that this is some Mecca for opposing fans.

I'm probably not posting very clearly since I'm at home still as my wife woke up sick. The root of my question is - I hear all the hype about Gurley - and he is a very good running back, but I don't see him matching the hype so far. There are likely reasons for this, I'm assuming Rams fans would know, but anyone that watches Gurley can chime in. But for you, would you take Gurley over Rawls right now if you could swap one for one (ignoring Rawls on IR, contracts/salary, etc.) - just based on play and what you perceive as potential?

RichNhansom

Reaction score
FlyHawksFly":emb99tr1 said:
Bother me? Doesnt bother me, or I wouldn't have posted. Honestly trying to help him, if he is really trying to get Rams fans opinions. The "I don't get it" part is why he wouldnt just go directly to the source.

And to be fair, this guy is essentially just trolling for reactions from guys like Rex. If you want to promote that, fine, but not sure that is what true discussion is based upon.

True discussion? No but true comedy? Absofreakinlutelty.

ringless

Reaction score
It may be scheme as well in regards to your question about Rawls over Gurley question. Some of the holes the Seahawks line is creating you could literally drive trucks through at times. If Gurley was playing behind Seattles run blocking right now he'd be getting over 100 yards weekly.

Rex

Reaction score
b8rtm8nn":21rwarwc said:
After watching last night, I wasn't as impressed with Gurley in relation to his hype - he looks like a very good runner, but not great - a lot of the tackles on him were low leg wrap-ups, which I figured he would break through, but didn't. Reminded me of Beanie Wells.

Is he injured or something, because I would take Rawls, Hyde or D. Johnson over him based on what I've seen last night.

Gurley is awesome. Over 1000 yards yet missed first 3 games. Didn't start this season at 100%. Still isn't at 100%. Playing behind a very bad O line. I'm very excited to see him start the season at 100% behind a decent O line. What we don't see much of yet is his ability to catch passes since he's kept as a decoy. Once he can be freed up for the passing attack I expect to see him catch passes out of the backfield very reminiscent of Marshall Faulk. Gurley's upside potential is off the chart as long as he remains healthy.

Rex

Reaction score
FlyHawksFly":fijje2ix said:
b8rtm8nn":fijje2ix said:

Well I like the personal attention I receive. :lol:

Rex

Reaction score
FlyHawksFly":6jrv2fn2 said:
b8rtm8nn":6jrv2fn2 said:
FlyHawksFly":6jrv2fn2 said:
b8rtm8nn":6jrv2fn2 said:

No need for him to go elsewhere. This is the home of the most knowledgeable, passionate, handsome/sexy Rams fans anywhere. Ask the best or wallow in ignorance with the rest.

Rex

Reaction score
SeahawksFanForever":72g5i0ay said:
I don't think Gurley was ever 100% or close to being 100% healthy this season.

BINGO.

Rex

Reaction score
FlyHawksFly":lvfjv8hu said:
Bother me? Doesnt bother me, or I wouldn't have posted. Honestly trying to help him, if he is really trying to get Rams fans opinions. The "I don't get it" part is why he wouldnt just go directly to the source.

And to be fair, this guy is essentially just trolling for reactions from guys like Rex. If you want to promote that, fine, but not sure that is what true discussion is based upon.

You mean a guy that calls the game correctly like Rex! :th2thumbs:

Rex

Reaction score
b8rtm8nn":3nvfxhuy said:
FlyHawksFly":3nvfxhuy said:

I'm probably not posting very clearly since I'm at home still as my wife woke up sick. The root of my question is - I hear all the hype about Gurley - and he is a very good running back, but I don't see him matching the hype so far. There are likely reasons for this, I'm assuming Rams fans would know, but anyone that watches Gurley can chime in. But for you, would you take Gurley over Rawls right now if you could swap one for one (ignoring Rawls on IR, contracts/salary, etc.) - just based on play and what you perceive as potential?

Gurley has clearly shown the potential to be a top 3 rusher in the NFL for years to come. He may not rush for over 100 yards a game. But I see his average being very close if not above 100 yards a game. If he gets a decent O line.....he's in the running for the top rusher in the league.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
ClutchDJ":17an8b95 said:
Would you say this about Rawls, Johnson, & Hyde(This dude is already having injury problems early in his career, don't know why you would take him over anyone) if they had a bad game?

I would still take Gurley over anyone else in the league not named Adrian Peterson & Le'Veon Bell.
Maybe. But I do believe he is close to top 5 at worst. Maybe a healthy Lynch or Rawls are right on his level if maybe barely above.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
SeahawksFanForever":kvkejewg said:
I don't think Gurley was ever 100% or close to being 100% healthy this season.
Well that's a convienent and totally unprovable view. And damn stupid if the Rams allowed it. I mean seriously does anyone think they aren't in Los Angeles inside 2 years?