Media Writing Off Green Bay

seahawksny

Reaction score
seeing the nfl network teams and other writers writing about how the biggest threat to Carolina are the Hawks and the Cardinals.

Not sure why nobody is talking about GB. They beat Minny almost as bad as we did in Minny.
We know how dangerous Rodgers is.

I just dont hear anybody mentioning them now as a threat which is puzzling

Polaris

Reaction score
seahawksny":3cwr6hh9 said:
seeing the nfl network teams and other writers writing about how the biggest threat to Carolina are the Hawks and the Cardinals.

Not sure why nobody is talking about GB. They beat Minny almost as bad as we did in Minny.

I saw that game against Detroit, and Green Bay looked HORRIBLE. I need to see at least one good solid game from Green Bay before I annoint them as an NFC threat.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Greenbay is spinning their wheels right now, they will get traction against the Cowboys this week.

ilikedlargent

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":24lanrae said:
Greenbay is spinning their wheels right now, they will get traction against the Cowboys this week.

Packers may well lose to the Cowboys.
They make the playoffs and win the wild card game but lose the next round

Hawkpower

Reaction score
seahawksny said:

I just dont hear anybody mentioning them now as a threat which is puzzling[/quote

Probably the same reason why people wrote off Seattle when they were playing poorly, and now recognize them as a valid threat again.

All about what you are doing lately.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Their offense is struggling and struggling badly.

Their receivers can't get open. Hard to say if that's scheme or talent, probably some combination of both. Without Jordy Nelson, Rodgers doesn't have that downfield security blanket. But there's also a lot of criticism being floated at McCarthy and his OC for their passing concepts.

Their run game, which they've been leaning on the last couple seasons, has also been a problem. We're in Week 14, and they still don't know who their starting running back is. Lacy's been struggling with injury and disciplinary issues, and McCarthy can't seem to decide if he hates him enough to let James Starks sink their offense. I'm one who fully believes that if you think you have two starting running backs, you probably have none.

I'd never write off a team with A-Rod (especially paired with a rock-solid defense), but their receivers scares nobody and their RB situation has been a disaster. I can see why people are skeptical, especially if you are comparing them against teams like Carolina, Seattle and Arizona, who just look more well-rounded at this point.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I hope GB is done and doesn't make the playoffs.I could live with never seeing another Packer fan troll in here.

HawkGA

Reaction score
GB is probably the team that scares me the most, honestly. They may continue their nosedive and if they do, awesome. But if they don't, they are the most dangerous team for Seattle.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
The Packers are a one man team, unlike the Panthers, Cards and Seahawks.

No running game, soft predictable defense, receivers who aren't getting it done.

Rodgers has almost no help. He alone is enough sometimes to still get a win. In the playoffs? It's a lot harder.

HawkGA

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":3te2dvor said:
The Packers are a one man team, unlike the Panthers, Cards and Seahawks.

No running game, soft predictable defense, receivers who aren't getting it done.

Rodgers has almost no help. He alone is enough sometimes to still get a win. In the playoffs? It's a lot harder.

You never know, Lacy might lose 30 pounds between now and the playoffs.

Seriously though, it's the one man show that is concerning. If Rodgers hits magic at the wrong time, I suspect they could beat just about anybody. The Cards and Panthers, while more consistent, I feel would give the Seahawks exactly what they expect to be given. Maybe they win, maybe they lose but there's not an "Oh shit, well, nothin' you can do about it when Rodgers plays like that" feel to it.

Or the Seahawks could blow them out by 30. It's the uncertainty I find disconcerting.

tmobilchawker79

Reaction score
I'm sorry, there's not much I'm seeing from Green Bay right now that will get them past the first round of the playoffs.

No running game, defense that doesn't have a pass rush and can't get off the field.

Rogers and the passing game sputter in stops and starts.

Zorn76

Reaction score
Packers are going Nowhere in the playoffs.
Could easily see them being one and done.

sutz

Reaction score
All that is nice to say, but I still think they are dangerous.

Polaris

Reaction score
sutz":x2gr0igd said:
All that is nice to say, but I still think they are dangerous.

I agree. Any Packer team with Aaron Rodgers at the helm is dangerous. Doubly so in the frozen tundra.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
dont buy into the hype...just another story if gb gets to the sb...just like the pats a year ago of how they were down and turned it all around...

canfan

Reaction score
seahawksny":vs999hlx said:

The press suffers from ADD. Whatever shiny new thing you put in front of them makes them forget anything that happened more than 5 minutes ago. Their opinion doesn't change the fact that GB is a talented team with the ability to make some noise in the playoffs if they can fix a couple of things. They are likely going to be the #3 seed and anybody who thinks a trip to GB for a game in January is a joke may be in for a rude surprise.