Who is your MVP so far?

joeseahawks

Reaction score
4 games left in the season. Not everything has been decided, but ... we have a clear idea who is who...

Panthers are 12:0 ... They have won 16 straight regular season games. Cam had 5 more TDs today.
Cam Newton looks like the MVP to me. (so far)
Tom Brady would be close second.
Carson Palmer, Andy Dalton and hopefully Russell can squeeze into this discussion with a strong push in the next 4 games.

chris98251

Reaction score
I don't think Wilson is in the conversation due to the first half of the season, Cam has been doing it all year, lets see how Brady fairs down the stretch with some adversity.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Palmer over Cam for me.

and it's not close.

Palmer gets hurt and Cards fall apart. Cam doesn't play and Derek Anderson still wins.

Rat

Reaction score
I'm rooting for Dalton, but baring an insane end to the season from somebody like he, Palmer, Watt, etc, it has to be Cam or Brady. Going into this weekend, I thought Brady had the slight advantage, but I'd say it has flipped now. If the Panthers win out, it has to be Cam.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Smellyman":v0uyjhkm said:
Palmer over Cam for me.

and it's not close.

Palmer gets hurt and Cards fall apart. Cam doesn't play and Derek Anderson still wins.

Yeah the media is really hooking onto Cam. Palmer is winning too and has better stats. So definitely agree.

Rob12

Reaction score
Being fair, I'd give it to Cam. The way he brought his team back in the Clink was impressive. He's my pick, but that could change based on how RW plays over the next four games.

Rob12

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":3rr88xh8 said:
Smellyman":3rr88xh8 said:
Palmer over Cam for me.

and it's not close.

Yeah the media is really hooking onto Cam. Palmer is winning too and has better stats. So definitely agree.

Palmer has more weapons. Cam has Jerricho Crotchery and Ted Ginn? Greg Olson is good. Give Cam Fitzgerald, Brown, and Floyd and his passing numbers are better.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
I would say four QBs are in the running right now: Newton (undefeated), Dalton (#1 QB rating, #1 seed in AFC), Palmer (#2 QB rating, #2 yards, #2 seed in NFC), and Brady (most yards and TDs, #3 in AFC) are all in the running right now.

It just depends on what happens down the stretch. Newton's undefeated record is the most prestigious accomplishment in the league at the moment. But strong performances by one of those other three, couple with a surprise loss by Carolina, would change that. You also have to factor is Newton's below average completion percentage, average yards, and average rating.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Rob12":2ibn93k3 said:
Smellyman":2ibn93k3 said:
Cam doesn't play and Derek Anderson still wins.

Uh, no. No, they don't.

Anderson was 2-0 last year. Cards couldn't win w/o Palmer, who has better stats than Cam, Carolina won w/o Cam.

Just the facts man

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Palmer has proven how important he is to the Cards. I always look at MVP as what would this team be if they didnt have this guy and that's why Palmer wins for me.

marko358

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":tzg811xz said:
Palmer has proven how important he is to the Cards. I always look at MVP as what would this team be if they didnt have this guy and that's why Palmer wins for me.

You could probably say the same about Brady and Dalton. How good would their teams be if they went down?

kearly

Reaction score
Remember when Wilson caught fire late in 2012 and by the end of the year he seemed to be the evident RoY? But did Wilson win the RoY award? Nope. But surely he got 2nd place? Nope. Wilson finished THIRD in RoY voting.

We learned that year that most of the media do their voting for season awards about a month before the regular season ends, so basically, right about now. And we also learned that a lot of media members aren't really that smart.

And if the voting happened today, by media members who are obsessed with storylines, then the winner would be Cam in a landslide. Though I think by the end of the season, Wilson could be the guy people say deserved it more in retrospect. If Wilson continues his tear he's going to finish the year #1 in passer rating with a solid margin to spare.

Hard to begrudge Cam though. His wide receivers are the worst in the league, but he keeps finding a way to win each week.