The AFC South might be terrible...

Rat

Reaction score
But man, there are some great young QBs in that division between Bortles and Mariota. Luck too, but I don't want this to turn into another one of those threads.

This is going to be a fun division to watch in the coming years. As a quasi-Jags fan (how could anyone hate the Jags?), I hope they keep Gus around long enough for him to reap what is being built there.

Smellyman

Reaction score
MM has a chance to be great, Bortles? I don't know about that

A little eartly to call them both great.

Threedee

Reaction score
Bortles is blessed with great young receivers in Robinson, Hurns, and Lee, plus Julius Thomas is along for the ride.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
I was concerned about Mariota's accuracy coming out but otherwise really felt he'd be good. When you throw like 40 TDs and 3 ints in a season like he did last year, it means you read defenses well and throw to the right guys even if they're turning 15 yd passes into 70 yd TDs.

Bortles is improving albeit somewhat slowly.

Luck, we'll see. He's got to learn not to throw picks.

drdiags

Reaction score
I will agree with the RAT. If I am a fan of the AFC South I can see that the division will not be the laughingstock for long. No division wants to be considered soft, witness how NFC West fans felt back when 7-9 won the division. Soon the AFC South could be the envy of the conference. Brady has to retire at some point.

OP
OP
Rat

Rat

Reaction score
Bortles had a rough rookie year, but he has quietly been killing it in year 2. His 27 passing TDs are good for third in the NFL behind only Palmer's 29 and Brady's 28. In the past seven weeks, he has been on a tear with five 300 yard games and five games with multiple TDs.

OP
OP
Rat

Rat

Reaction score
Jags destroying the Colts 51-16. Another huge game for Bortles.

Gus' bunch is a lot of fun to watch.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
Cyrus12":2csrxm4k said:
Luck might end up being the worst of the bunch in a couple years..

Like I said when he was still in college, I've never seen anyone hand off the ball to his running back with more skill and grace.
:roll:

drdiags

Reaction score
Rat":2wwkjy5f said:
Jags destroying the Colts 51-16. Another huge game for Bortles.

Gus' bunch is a lot of fun to watch.

Plus that Titans/Jags game last week was crazy-good if you like scoring. Too bad Gus couldn't get that win last week. I am really pulling for him to survive and prosper there. Just may not be able to get it done.

Bob806

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":6nxmxuwy said:
I was concerned about Mariota's accuracy coming out but otherwise really felt he'd be good. When you throw like 40 TDs and 3 ints in a season like he did last year, it means you read defenses well and throw to the right guys even if they're turning 15 yd passes into 70 yd TDs.

But when MM played a real team (tOSU), he was a nobody. The Buckeyes made him look silly. He has a lot to learn at the NFL level, as the PAC 12 isn't the greatest defensive conference.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Bob806":1wt9ajc4 said:
hawksfansinceday1":1wt9ajc4 said:

But when MM played a real team (tOSU), he was a nobody. The Buckeyes made him look silly. He has a lot to learn at the NFL level, as the PAC 12 isn't the greatest defensive conference.
Fair point but the OSU o-line and running game dominated so completely and so early he was forced to throw right away and Buckeyes knew he had to.