Schefter: All signs point to Eagles&Chip Kelly parting ways

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
During an appearance on SiriusXM NFL Radio Tuesday, ESPN’s Adam Schefter said that “all signs” indicate Kelly and the Eagles will part ways this winter.

"All signs point to Chip Kelly and the Eagles parting ways after this season. I think they're both sick of each other" @AdamSchefter

— SiriusXM NFL Radio (@SiriusXMNFL) November 24, 2015

http://larrybrownsports.com/football/si ... ays/282668

[tweet]https://twitter.com/SiriusXMNFL/status/669277470152130560[/tweet]

ARhawk

Reaction score
If true, I'd bet he'd go to Tennessee to reunite with Mariota. Titans fired their coach this season so they're definitely in the market for new HC.

Decimation

Reaction score
ARhawk":6op2roq5 said:
If true, I'd bet he'd go to Tennessee to reunite with Mariota. Titans fired their coach this season so they're definitely in the market for new HC.
First thing I thought of, it just makes a lot of sense because he coached up Mariota.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
IMO Kelly going anywhere but back to college would be a mistake.

A 51 year old football coach doesn't change his philosophy, and it's obvious his tempo speed offense doesn't translate to beating bigger faster well conditioned defenses.................and he proved this year he has no idea what he's doing as a GM making dumpster fire personnel decisions.

Kelly belongs in college, and that's OK, a lot of great college coaches couldn't hack it in the NFL. He'd be great for any program. But another NFL gig? Idk, seems futile to me.

ringless

Reaction score
Cue Kearly because Kearly saw this coming months in advance.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
I think he's too proud to go back to college as a NFL failure.

Tennessee makes a lot of sense. Go in with the QB you wanted all along. Build around him.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
GeekHawk":oixb8hjn said:
Hasselbeck":oixb8hjn said:
CUc5rUiUAAAlIxu

It's coming.

Be afraid.

:stirthepot:

I don't think there is a great system there for him to continue basically unchanged, like he did at Oregon.

He changed almost everything at Oregon. The culture. The offense. The way they practiced. Use of science and technology in training. He would kill it at USC. I think he stays in the nfl though. Either Tennessee or Indianapolis. Then we'll see what he can do with a qb. I still think he can win in the nfl. I wouldn't give him control of personnel though.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":36zzcfx5 said:

A 51 year old football coach doesn't change his philosophy, and it's obvious his tempo speed offense doesn't translate to beating bigger faster well conditioned defenses.................and he proved this year he has no idea what he's doing as a GM making dumpster fire personnel decisions.

Kelly belongs in college, and that's OK, a lot of great college coaches couldn't hack it in the NFL. He'd be great for any program. But another NFL gig? Idk, seems futile to me.

I don't think you can say his system failed. Look at the QBs he's had to work with. Foles sanchez and bradford. I guarantee you someone will hire him and if he get's a half decent QB he will probably suceed.

Maulbert

Reaction score
JSeahawks":fa4whojh said:
GeekHawk":fa4whojh said:
Hasselbeck":fa4whojh said:
CUc5rUiUAAAlIxu

It's coming.

Be afraid.

:stirthepot:

I don't think there is a great system there for him to continue basically unchanged, like he did at Oregon.

He changed almost everything at Oregon. The culture. The offense. The way they practiced. Use of science and technology in training. He would kill it at USC. I think he stays in the nfl though. Either Tennessee or Indianapolis. Then we'll see what he can do with a qb. I still think he can win in the nfl. I wouldn't give him control of personnel though.

Wow, I didn't see this post coming. :sarcasm_off:

Chip Kelly will never be a good NFL head coach. And honestly, any team with a physical defense gave him fits at Oregon.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2ntlr763 said:

He has a better winning percentage in the nfl then pete Carroll does.

ARhawk

Reaction score
JSeahawks":1lb39jal said:
Sgt. Largent":1lb39jal said:

Pete Carroll's Seahawks improved year to year and eventually won a Super Bowl, Kelly's Eagles got worse every year.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
I'd like to see him reunited with Mariotta and given one more chance. Give him 2 years max and then the NFL up tempo experiment can officially be ruled a failure or possible success with the right QB.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
JSeahawks":w9dxhmto said:
Sgt. Largent":w9dxhmto said:

Not after he started picking his own players.

MrThortan

Reaction score
So if Bevell got fired and Chip was hired as the Seahawks new OC.... :stirthepot:

kearly

Reaction score
The day Tennessee fired their coach I figured it was very possible they were sending smoke signals to Kelly, partly because we could already see the beginning of the end for Kelly in Philly at that point. I'd be surprised if Kelly doesn't at least get an interview with the Titans this offseason.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
he probably set back the eagles franchise 4 yrs with his horrible desicions. He will probably trade for Riley Cooper though if he ends up with the titans....

drdiags

Reaction score
Cyrus12":3ho0t4v3 said:
he probably set back the eagles franchise 4 yrs with his horrible desicions. He will probably trade for Riley Cooper though if he ends up with the titans....

This is the cold part of the whole Chip Kelly experience in Philly. He totally dismantled the Andy Reid offense, with good cause on the QB, but the RB and WRs moves were not what I thought would happen when he first got there.

ringless

Reaction score
I don't like Chip, and I don't like Philly.

I wouldn't mind Chip going to the AFC if he wont go back to college.