Should Tomsula be fired?

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
It was painfully obvious from the outset that Tomsula was both Baalke's/York's puppet and eventual fall guy for when things hit the fan.

I actually feel bad for the dude.. he's a lot like Chris Farley's character in Tommy Boy. Except without the happy ending.

OP
OP
hawknation2015

hawknation2015

Reaction score
I thought it was weird that they decided not to activate Jarryd Hayne (Reggie Bush took his reps). I was there in the preseason when they played the Chargers, and he was the one player of that team who ignited the sideline and the stadium whenever he touched the ball.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Hell no. Never should have been hired but they made their bed. That mess rests at the feet of York and Baalke.

Tomsula was doomed from the start.

kearly

Reaction score
What's really insane about this whole saga is that Tomsula is the guy York & Baalke had tabbed over Harbaugh going back at least a year before Tomsula's hiring. He wasn't some guy SF settled on after striking out in a coaching hunt, this is the guy Baalke and York hand picked for the job with years of on-team vetting.

Reaneypark

Reaction score
I respect the guy's story and how hard he has worked. He may get the axe, but at least he'll not have to live out of a car again.

Foghawk

Reaction score
kearly":3kpnl9ty said:
What's really insane about this whole saga is that Tomsula is the guy York & Baalke had tabbed over Harbaugh going back at least a year before Tomsula's hiring. He wasn't some guy SF settled on after striking out in a coaching hunt, this is the guy Baalke and York hand picked for the job with years of on-team vetting.

Reading this reminded me of someone.

:lol:

2013754305.jpg

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
Mike Shanahan. Adam Gase. Josh McDaniels. Any one of those three guys could have been hired. All three wanted the job. All three would be miles better than Ron Jeremy. York is a freaking idiot. A spoiled, fat, balding idiot.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Tell you what, I have seen more experienced coaches crumble under what the poor guy had to deal with.

They asked him to make a sh*t sandwich and then have their fans eat it.

Credit to him for not once making excuses when he had every excuse I can think of.

And somehow, he kept that team from folding up the tents when everything said there was little hope. That is actually a hell of a talent.

I laughed at the guy at the start of the year too, but other than just utterly screwing up the Kap thing (because clearly Harbaugh had Kap playing at least close to competent vs the results this year....) he kept everyone on the boat even though it was clearly being steered into the approaching iceberg.

And I get him taking the crap job offer, it was the only offer he would get, you take the call when it comes. But I doubt Bill Parcells could succeed under the circumstances that Tomsula had to deal with.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Absolutely not. No coach could get that team to do much better than they're doing right now. The problem the niners have is that Tomsula should never have been hired to begin with. It isn't his fault that the niner front office thrust him in to a position that he wasn't qualified to man.

Baalke is, was, and will be the problem as long as he is there. It is ALL about HIM and he makes ALL the decisions and can't stand it when he doesn't get credit for the good things that have happened. He also doesn't take the blame, but instead gives canned answers placing all the blame on everything. Baalke was able to convince York to give him all the control, which wasn't very difficult because York too is in over his head.

I think York will learn from this whole fiasco and will hire one person to be in total control. My guess is that he will get his next coach first and have that coach bring in the new GM.

York isn't the problem, he made a mistake on the GM and will remedy that situation soon. Hopefully, for niner fans, he will have learned from this.

lvnginhwktwn

Reaction score
rideaducati":2gg7v8h9 said:
Absolutely not. No coach could get that team to do much better than they're doing right now. The problem the niners have is that Tomsula should never have been hired to begin with. It isn't his fault that the niner front office thrust him in to a position that he wasn't qualified to man.

Baalke is, was, and will be the problem as long as he is there. It is ALL about HIM and he makes ALL the decisions and can't stand it when he doesn't get credit for the good things that have happened. He also doesn't take the blame, but instead gives canned answers placing all the blame on everything. Baalke was able to convince York to give him all the control, which wasn't very difficult because York too is in over his head.

I think York will learn from this whole fiasco and will hire one person to be in total control. My guess is that he will get his next coach first and have that coach bring in the new GM.

York isn't the problem, he made a mistake on the GM and will remedy that situation soon. Hopefully, for niner fans, he will have learned from this.

This

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
rideaducati":1sx1q8ei said:

I disagree with the last part. I think York IS the problem. 35 year old spoiled brat who's wealthy parents let him run the family business (into the ground). As much as I disliked the guy, he made one good move and that was hiring Harbaugh. ...but Jimmy rocked the boat and made Jedthro uncomfortable as he'd speak his mind, so they fired him and went with a "yes man".

But hey, in Jed's eyes they got a brand new taxpayer funded stadium so it's a success. He cannot even grow grass right as his new stadium.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":178w2eqx said:
rideaducati":178w2eqx said:

I disagree with the last part. I think York IS the problem. 35 year old spoiled brat who's wealthy parents let him run the family business (into the ground). As much as I disliked the guy, he made one good move and that was hiring Harbaugh. ...but Jimmy rocked the boat and made Jedthro uncomfortable as he'd speak his mind, so they fired him and went with a "yes man".
But hey, in Jed's eyes they got a brand new taxpayer funded stadium so it's a success. He cannot even grow grass right as his new stadium.

Jed is learning the hard way, but if he is like most people, he WILL learn from his mistakes.

Jed has paid to have the field redone many times and has brought in a different group to try to fix the problem. He isn't neglecting the problem. I still think there is about 8 inches too much sand under the grass and until they take it down to 4 inches of sand, they will have problems. What they did was like putting sod on the beach. When the sand gets dry, it gets loose too and it is very difficult to keep a full foot of sand wet, especially with a drainage system underneath.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
rideaducati":6as31ap5 said:
Sports Hernia":6as31ap5 said:
rideaducati":6as31ap5 said:

Jed is learning the hard way, but if he is like most people, he WILL learn from his mistakes.

Jed has paid to have the field redone many times and has brought in a different group to try to fix the problem. He isn't neglecting the problem. I still think there is about 8 inches too much sand under the grass and until they take it down to 4 inches of sand, they will have problems. What they did was like putting sod on the beach. When the sand gets dry, it gets loose too and it is very difficult to keep a full foot of sand wet, especially with a drainage system underneath.
Is he hiring the best experts to solve the problem though???? The results say he hasn't.
Hiring cousin Johnny's business who's a weekend gardener, vs a true turf expert that knows how and what type of grass and base works in that particular climate is the key. If I were him I would have already turned to the NFL asking them for help if it's gotten to that point.

The point I'm trying to make is its a problem that should have been solved by now and the person making those decisions is failing. Personally I don't care it's not my teams problem except when they play there. Once his players start getting lost for the year then maybe the problem will get solved a bit faster.

chris98251

Reaction score
The difference between the Redskins and the 49ers, Snyder overspends hoping to catch lightning in a bottle, 49ers won't spend anything and hope for a surprise messiah. Both Jed York and Daniel Snyder are oblivious to the real issues, themselves.