Is Boone to Seattle next year a foregone conclusion?

FormerEvil

Reaction score
He and Russ seemed awfully chummy after the game. Boone almost looked giddy saying what's up to Russ. 9ers fans commenting on it too in their forums. I'd personally love to see Boone up here for the right price. What a burn to the 9ers that would be..

thebanjodude

Reaction score
I think it's a foregone conclusion that Seattle won't bring in any free agent OL help with a modicum of actual talent.

Rob12

Reaction score
Probably not. That's kind of what my post was about earlier when I got just a tad bit blasted for insinuating that some of our highest paid defensive players might have to be let go or moved on from. I would think that 31 sacks through seven games might help people see that there is a serious problem here, and that the league is catching on to Seattle's porous line, but no. The fact that I mentioned two key, elite players who have issues with their current contracts might be jettisoned got me blasted. So the weakest positional group on an otherwise great team will continue to suffer.

There's no money.

The Seahawks will spend some draft capital on OL, and roll with the rest. I honestly don't see RW getting a respectable line any time soon.

chiltech500

Reaction score
Prescient comments here; I'm afraid the cynicism is warranted. We could have kept Unger and used the first round pick... but no, another free agent bust with Graham: Square peg-round hole.

SchadenfreudeHawk

Reaction score
Where would the money come from? We have a lot of money tied up in our stars and bunches of free agents. Those upcoming free agents include our two best current O-LInemen, Okung and Sweazy. Like everyone else I hope that we add to our OLine but realistically I think that if it happens it's going to be through the draft and low-profile free agent signings. I would be ecstatic if had a Breno giacomini-esqu signing.

Bob Loblaw

Reaction score
Take Boone he was one of the guys leading the charge to rid Harbaugh. Boone is a loser who wanted a nice players coach. Didn't want to do all the dirty work an do what it takes to sustain winning. He's happy getting a check an having his coach be nice to him

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
Bob Loblaw":2enfxqrk said:
Take Boone he was one of the guys leading the charge to rid Harbaugh. Boone is a loser who wanted a nice players coach. Didn't want to do all the dirty work an do what it takes to sustain winning. He's happy getting a check an having his coach be nice to him

If I recall, Boone was pissed his holdout didn't have the desired effect of a big, new contract. Not that he didn't want to do the dirty work. He did sign a two year extension at ~$6M, but wasn't he looking for much more?

Throwdown

Reaction score
chiltech500":1v6dvb16 said:
Prescient comments here; I'm afraid the cynicism is warranted. We could have kept Unger and used the first round pick... but no, another free agent bust with Graham: Square peg-round hole.

And it'd be even worse, when's the last time we had Unger for a full season? Anyone?

crosfam

Reaction score
There are many reports out there that Unger would have been a cap casualty with us if he had stayed. If so, the trade would have been a better option, even if we had gotten a back-up tight end.

I will take Graham - even the threat of him posted outside opens up running throws and completions to other guys - RBs, Kearse, etc.

penihawk

Reaction score
He would fit right in here. He got his ass handed to him all night and should of been flagged for holding at least a half a dozen more times than he was. Don't we already have that covered with what we currently have on the roster?

2_0_6

Reaction score
chiltech500":65pj1zdj said:

Well Graham is/was not a free agent..
Unger can't stay healthy..
Unger was rumored to be on his way out anyways..

chet380

Reaction score
Too bad Lael Collins couldn't be persuaded to sign with the Hawks.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
We will probably trade forVernon Davis and try to convert him into an offensive tackle.

kobebryant

Reaction score
Not a fan of Boone at all.

What's Anthony Davis' status should he decide to return to football ? Always liked his game. His chip and level of anger is very Seahawky - kind of a wealthier man's Breno at RT.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":3ce51cbb said:
We will probably trade forVernon Davis and try to convert him into an offensive tackle.

Naw...special teams gunner.

or....waterboy..ya waterboy.

kobebryant

Reaction score
chiltech500":2k62smey said:

I have to think that Unger was destined to be cut anyway. The proof is in the pudding with this team with guys who hit that certain intersection of age, diminishing ability, health and pay that Unger was at - see Bryant, Clemons, and Miller before him.

Hawks46

Reaction score
chiltech500":2ggcyqlt said:

7 games in and Graham is already a bust ? Some people.....

Next it'll be "Lockett sucks. he only has 2 return TD's in 7 games. What a bust"

RiverDog

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":3q6dciab said:
chiltech500":3q6dciab said:

Well Graham is/was not a free agent..
Unger can't stay healthy..
Unger was rumored to be on his way out anyways..

Max has started in all 6 of the Saints games, and will pick up Start #7 this Sunday. I know, hindsight is 20/20, but the fact is that so far, the Saints are holding onto the long end of the stick on this trade.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
RiverDog":bfnedo8u said:
Max has started in all 6 of the Saints games, and will pick up Start #7 this Sunday. I know, hindsight is 20/20, but the fact is that so far, the Saints are holding onto the long end of the stick on this trade.

Do you REALLY believe that?

Latest posts