Big Ben could play Sunday vs Arizona

ringless

Reaction score
Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger said he plans to participate in 7-on-7 work in today's practice. He wants to play Sunday at Arizona but he always wants to - availability will be up to doctors and Mike Tomlin. Roethlisberger said throwing is fine, but next step is lateral movements

@JFowlerESPN
Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger said he plans to participate in 7-on-7 work in today's practice. He wants... http://espn.go.com/espn/now?nowId=21-04 ... 52803833-4

drdiags

Reaction score
Scout team only, so if you agree with Ed Werner it doesn't look like he will play:

[tweet]https://twitter.com/Edwerderespn/status/654331336854007808[/tweet]

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
He won't play this week. Therefore we will probably lose. I think the Cards have too much offense for our somewhat shaky defense.

OP
OP
R

ringless

Reaction score
Ron Burgundy":2qr74t77 said:
He won't play this week. Therefore we will probably lose. I think the Cards have too much offense for our somewhat shaky defense.

With next week being the bye I'd assume the smart thing to do would be to hold him out one more week.

I saw he was limited in practice today (Played in shorts) and threw some deep passes.

What do you feel your teams biggest weaknesses are on offense and defense?

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
ringless":2gwydjmh said:
Ron Burgundy":2gwydjmh said:

With next week being the bye I'd assume the smart thing to do would be to hold him out one more week.

I saw he was limited in practice today (Played in shorts) and threw some deep passes.

What do you feel your teams biggest weaknesses are on offense and defense?
The offense doesn't really have any weaknesses other than our starting center Maurkice Pouncey being on short-term IR but backup Cody Wallace is doing an adequate job (and Ben being out). The defense is doing better than expected. We knew the DL would be decent, the LB's are better than expected, but except for Willie Gay the defensive backfield is a dumpster fire. They can't draft a decent safety or cornerback to save their lives.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Guessing the Steelers are trying to make Arians prepare somewhat for the possibility of Ben coming back, smoke and mirrors if you will.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":aue8mcdh said:
Guessing the Steelers are trying to make Arians prepare somewhat for the possibility of Ben coming back, smoke and mirrors if you will.
Ben and Arians are tight since he used to be the OC here. I don't think anyone is expecting Ben to play. Best case he dresses but is the #2 and only plays if Vick gets hurt. In the past Ben has come back from an injury too soon and either prolonged the injury or played like shit and we lost.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Ron Burgundy":1s8w9rpf said:
Hasselbeck":1s8w9rpf said:
Ben and Arians are tight since he used to be the OC here. I don't think anyone is expecting Ben to play. Best case he dresses but is the #2 and only plays if Vick gets hurt. In the past Ben has come back from an injury too soon and either prolonged the injury or played like shit and we lost.

Yeah and I just can't see you guys rushing Ben back when one good shot could end his season with his knee still being a little unstable. The game isn't really big in terms of playoffs since its a non-conference matchup, and the win over San Diego will probably be huge down the road.