What Teams' Actually have strong O-Lines?

ringless

Reaction score
Basis4day":3nrih671 said:
Other than Dallas?

Cincinnati. They've only allowed 2 sacks in 4 games, and only 5 total hits per game including sacks.

I'd also say the Cardinals line has looked pretty good. 5 Sacks allowed and that includes a game against St Louis. (1 in the previous 3 games)

Oakland has only allowed 15 QB hits, and 5 sacks.

The Jets are a little misleading, while they've only allowed 2 sacks 50 QB hits is ridiculous.

Green Bay, New England, and Atlanta have only let their QB be hit 15 times each. Thats less than 4 times per game.

I think most teams would be happy with those numbers. On the other end of the spectrum you have

KC allowed 19 sacks, Seattle 18 sacks. SF 14 sacks.

Those are huge differences from top to bottom.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
There are quite a few good ones.

The bad ones are us, Indy, SF, STL, KC, Philly, and Detroit.

There has been talks of Denver's OLine being poor, but from what I've seen they are slowly coming together.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":1ajava9b said:

There has been talks of Denver's OLine being poor, but from what I've seen they are slowly coming together.

49ers O-Line would have to improve before they could be considered "bad".

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Marvin49":1cdfjom8 said:
Hawk-Lock":1cdfjom8 said:

49ers O-Line would have to improve before they could be considered "bad".
So would Seattle's.

Sherminator

Reaction score
I'm a big fan of Pittsburgh's offensive line.
There is so much that is asked of them from how versatile their offense is and they always seem to do a pretty good job to me. (although I think it might be pretty depleted right now due to some injuries)

mrt144

Reaction score
Sherminator":1s8jh304 said:
There is so much that is asked of them from how versatile their offense is and they always seem to do a pretty good job to me. (although I think it might be pretty depleted right now due to some injuries)

It's actually kinda funny weird that two teams, Dallas and Pittsburgh have solid O lines but also injured QBs...

Sherminator

Reaction score
mrt144":2mt9pbu8 said:
Sherminator":2mt9pbu8 said:

It's actually kinda funny weird that two teams, Dallas and Pittsburgh have solid O lines but also injured QBs...

Lol, I didn't even think about that

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Mike 4G":1d9t16dq said:
Pats? Brady seems to stay pretty clean.
I keep saying this, but the relationship between a Quarterback and the line is a symbiotic one. There is a good reason why the likes of Peyton Manning, and Tom Brady never look like they are even touched. They make it a point to get the ball out as quick as possible. The same could be said about Carr in Oakland. In Carr's case it is actually to his detriment -- he lets the ball go before anything has time to develop, though this year he seems to be getting better at that.

ptisme

Reaction score
Packers will be top 5 when they get their LT healthy and their RT back.

mrt144

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":39pg2pmw said:
Mike 4G":39pg2pmw said:
Pats? Brady seems to stay pretty clean.
I keep saying this, but the relationship between a Quarterback and the line is a symbiotic one. There is a good reason why the likes of Peyton Manning, and Tom Brady never look like they are even touched. They make it a point to get the ball out as quick as possible. The same could be said about Carr in Oakland. In Carr's case it is actually to his detriment -- he lets the ball go before anything has time to develop, though this year he seems to be getting better at that.

Absolutely. There is also a question of scheme and route running personel.

There are so many elements to success in offense that to pin it on one or two people is faulty.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Everyone loves to praise Dallas' line.

Tony Romo meanwhile can praise them from the sideline, nursing his injured shoulder.

kearly

Reaction score
Pittsburgh, Cincy, Green Bay have all impressed me, albeit in different ways.

Pittsburgh is adequate in protection but very good at getting push in the run game.

Green Bay is adequate in the run game but one of the better pass protecting lines since last year.

Cincy has had some trouble running the ball this year, but they were probably the best OL in the AFC last season.

ctrcat

Reaction score
CodeWarrior":2y3ocwex said:
ctrcat":2y3ocwex said:

You only posted this because Carolina is ranked second. Admit it! :lol:

Ha :lol: maybe, maybe not. I don't even know if it's accurate but Turner and Norwell are good young players. I do think Cam being healthy and playing well may have skewed the numbers. Still a challenge with so many stacked boxes.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":2ahjik0x said:

Indy's line looked damn good yesterday protecting Hasselbeck.

I have to wonder if Luck is causing the line to under perform or if it is just the media's commitment to convince everyone that Luck is the greatest and only underperforming because he has the worst of everything in his supporring cast that he has to carry.

I think Luck is getting exposed the way Matt has that offense playing.

Latest posts