Todd Gurley

jake206

Reaction score
Looks like the real deal.
[tweet]https://twitter.com/_NFLFrance/status/650801766666211328[/tweet]

MrThortan

Reaction score
He has certainly looked like it in this game. Hoping Arizona loses this one.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Yep... kid is only going to get better too.

Laugh it up, but the Rams are not the same team they've been in recent years.

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
I wish he wasn't playing in the division, because he is going to be a good, good player for a long time (health permitting.)

bandiger

Reaction score
joeseahawks":1z5s5w2j said:
And I thought people said ... RB can be taken in any round?

Maybe your typical RBs but Gurley and the like have special traits that put them in the top 10 at least.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
joeseahawks":3p233zxx said:

RBs like Melvin Gordon can be taken in any round.

It was obvious that Todd Gurley was special in college IMO.

chris98251

Reaction score
For every Gurley there is a Ki Jana Carter. We have the ultimate Oxymoron here, Lynch and Rawls.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
chris98251":k92vnilh said:
For every Gurley there is a Ki Jana Carter. We have the ultimate Oxymoron here, Lynch and Rawls.
True and Gurley while he is good has knees made of fine China.The odds of him being around long are not good at all.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
What I was most impressed with Gurley was his football IQ near the end of the game. There were a couple games where he could have gotten extra yards but would have had to go out of bounds.....instead he slid down to keep the clock running. And then on the last run that sealed the game, rather than running the score up and taking the TD, he simply slid down which ended the game.

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
joeseahawks":1ecmybpi said:
RB CAN be taken in any round.

Teams that have been drafting RBs in the 1st round have generally looked pretty stupid a year or two later. That doesn't mean no 1st round RB will pan out, but few RBs are worth using a 1st rounder on.

Also, let's see how he holds up physically.

RedAlice

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":2tcrl7s0 said:
What I was most impressed with Gurley was his football IQ near the end of the game. There were a couple games where he could have gotten extra yards but would have had to go out of bounds.....instead he slid down to keep the clock running. And then on the last run that sealed the game, rather than running the score up and taking the TD, he simply slid down which ended the game.

He is looking very football smart. Other than his awesome physical abilities, that was the most important thing I saw today. He's also working with a less than even mediocre offensive line.

Impressed. And, it's not the next weeks or even this year that is going to be his best. Awesome.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":1hzpoij8 said:

Of course from Fisher to Foles to everybody in the huddle could've been saying over and over stay in bounds.

RedAlice

Reaction score
Smellyman":o4yj1e2c said:
Hawk-Lock":o4yj1e2c said:

Of course from Fisher to Foles to everybody in the huddle could've been saying over and over stay in bounds.

You are just looking for the negative.

He went for the game win instead of a TD. He gets it.

kearly

Reaction score
He kind of reminds me of DeMarco Murray. He's more athlete than pure runner, but if you give him lanes to run through he's a scary mofo. The Cardinals defense is mostly soft towards the back end, but sometimes it takes a beast of a RB to make that soft side show itself. Watching the back seven attempting to tackle Gurley in the second half gave me flashbacks to the Brian Russell era of the Seahawks D.

kearly

Reaction score
RedAlice":2cs846ey said:

I loved it.

RedAlice

Reaction score
kearly":eeb02hvr said:
RedAlice":eeb02hvr said:

I loved it.

Of all the things I've seen and loved them no matter what as a Rams fan. Today was fresh and nice w Gurley.

Smellyman

Reaction score
RedAlice":fzij6zu5 said:
Smellyman":fzij6zu5 said:
Hawk-Lock":fzij6zu5 said:

Nah. Just saying everyone was aware and you're not a MENSA if you stay in bounds to run clock. Slobbering over "IQ" for staying in bounds bugs me for ANY player.

I guess the bar is pretty low though. ~cough~ Chritine Michael.....