Josh Gordon

massari

Reaction score
Do you guys see the Hawks going hard after free agent Gordon (assuming he's reinstated) this off season? He's the big, fast, #1 WR who can stretch the field everyone says the Seahawks need.

Do they take a chance on him at around 10M-14M per or are they better off spending that money elsewhere?

Gordon, Lockett, Richardson, Baldwin as the top 4 with Graham at TE/WR.

OP
OP
M

massari

Reaction score
[youtube]7vtyfcLYCNk[/youtube]

[youtube]ad0KjeJY-uU[/youtube]

ludakrishna

Reaction score
10-14 per? :lol:

Teams are going to offer him the minimum due to his alcohol problem. Only Jerrah world will offer him that. If we even pursue him, I see a Mike Williams type incentive deal.

OP
OP
M

massari

Reaction score
ludakrishna":3piyeraa said:
10-14 per? :lol:

Teams are going to offer him the minimum due to his alcohol problem. Only Jerrah world will offer him that. If we even pursue him, I see a Mike Williams type incentive deal.

LOL @Jerrah world. :lol:

I was thinking the same, that he'd get a cheap prove it contact but then Aldon Smith got 8M guaranteed this season. A bit less than players of his caliber at OLB are getting though.

Gordon is considered a Dez Bryant/Damarius Thomas type talent and they make on average 14M. I don't think he'll get that but it's possible someone might have to pay that much if they really want him and are willing to gamble. I'll bet someone gives him 10M guaranteed and I hope it's the Seahawks.

Tical21

Reaction score
I will bet you ten to one right now on any amount of money that you choose that he won't get 10 million guaranteed.

He had 50 million reasons to stay away from drugs and alcohol and wasn't willing to do it. How many times? Somebody will take him back on a minimal deal, but the chances he makes it through a season are just about zero. Amazing talent, but one of the biggest idiots in the history of the world.

OP
OP
M

massari

Reaction score
Tical21":6ghqymyx said:
I will bet you ten to one right now on any amount of money that you choose that he won't get 10 million guaranteed.

He had 50 million reasons to stay away from drugs and alcohol and wasn't willing to do it. How many times? Somebody will take him back on a minimal deal, but the chances he makes it through a season are just about zero. Amazing talent, but one of the biggest idiots in the history of the world.

I think you're right. I thought I read Aldon Smith got 8M guaranteed this season but that's not the case.

To get Gordon, I'm guessing it'd be around the same type of deal it took the Raiders to get Aldon and I'd be down for that 100% for the Seahawks. He's no doubt worth the gamble imo.

Honestly, I'm dumb enough to give Gordon a 1 year 10M guaranteed contract, so an Aldon Smith esque deal seems like a steal to me. Huge gamble though, obviously.

ringless

Reaction score
massari":e5ck5t81 said:
Tical21":e5ck5t81 said:

I think you're right. I thought I read Aldon Smith got 8M guaranteed this season but that's not the case.

To get Gordon, I'm guessing it'd be around the same type of deal it took the Raiders to get Aldon and I'd be down for that 100% for the Seahawks. He's no doubt worth the gamble imo.

Honestly, I'm dumb enough to give Gordon a 1 year 10M guaranteed contract, so an Aldon Smith esque deal seems like a steal to me. Huge gamble though, obviously.

If he even gets reinstated.

It is interesting though. Justin Blackmon, Daryl Washington and quite possibly Josh Gordon. Players that quite possibly may never play another down again due to Weed.

Yet Aldon Smith is playing despite 5 arrests.

It blows my mind.

SF49r

Reaction score
ringless":2068ylbg said:
massari":2068ylbg said:
Tical21":2068ylbg said:

It is interesting though. Justin Blackmon, Daryl Washington and quite possibly Josh Gordon. Players that quite possibly may never play another down again due to Weed.

It blows my mind.

Cus marijuana is bad m'kay

peppersjap

Reaction score
massari":3sc0892s said:
Do you guys see the Hawks going hard after free agent Gordon (assuming he's reinstated) this off season? He's the big, fast, #1 WR who can stretch the field everyone says the Seahawks need.

Do they take a chance on him at around 10M-14M per or are they better off spending that money elsewhere?

Josh Gordon has almost zero value in the league right now. If he is reinstated it will be for a low salary and incentive based. He might be a top tier talent but in no way deserves a contract like that, I would be surprised if he earned that in total the rest of his career. We will play with the WR talent we have because that is what the team can afford so we can hold the Defense together and pay the RW contract.

uncle fester

Reaction score
If there was a chance he could be allowed to play again, I'd totally take a chance on him (if I had any say whatsoever, obviously) even on a one year deal.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
massari":35ah4ymw said:

There's no way in hell the guy gets 10-14M per year :lol: :lol: :lol:

I wouldn't mind taking a shot at him, but expecting Gordon to keep his head screwed on straight is a major stretch.

OP
OP
M

massari

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":3px0qiil said:
massari":3px0qiil said:

I wouldn't mind taking a shot at him, but expecting Gordon to keep his head screwed on straight is a major stretch.

Yeah, for some reason I thought Aldon Smith got 1 year 8M guaranteed, so I'm thinking Gordon gets the same type of deal as him.

But honestly, if it took a 1 year 10M guaranteed to get Gordon, I would take the gamble. He's elite.

blazen2392

Reaction score
massari":21o4z9rh said:
Hasselbeck":21o4z9rh said:
massari":21o4z9rh said:

Yeah, for some reason I thought Aldon Smith got 1 year 8M guaranteed, so I'm thinking Gordon gets the same type of deal as him.

But honestly, if it took a 1 year 10M guaranteed to get Gordon, I would take the gamble. He's elite.

Still too much money. I wouldn't touch for anything over 7 mil

2 years 10 mil would be my offer to him

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
massari":1epza8m5 said:
Hasselbeck":1epza8m5 said:
massari":1epza8m5 said:

A guy that is one sneeze away from a lifetime ban doesn't get 10M guaranteed.

You can give him a 1-year deal that pays him upwards of 10M with performance incentives.. but guaranteed? No. This isn't Madden 16.

And like ringless said, he'd have to be reinstated to begin with.

Spleenhawk2.0

Reaction score
I am not sure that Gordon will be available any time soon - at least as a regular free agent.

Cleveland has not released Gordon. He needs four years of accrued game play to be considered a FA. He only has two. He was suspended 10 games in 2014, played five games and was suspended by team for the final game of the season. He needed 6 games to be considered a "season" according to CBA. Gordon has been trying to get the final game of 2014 season suspension overturned, thus giving him one additional accrued season. I have not heard if that ruling has been made yet.

Either way - looks like he would potentially be a restricted FA if reinstated, but with Cleveland retaining rights. He could be a regular FA as early as 2017, but possibly not until 2018 season. Cleveland still may release him, but everything I have been reading seems to indicate that the Brown REALLY want to try and work something out with Gordon, and keep him long-term.

ivotuk

Reaction score
SF49r":1iy6qxk5 said:
ringless":1iy6qxk5 said:
massari":1iy6qxk5 said:
Tical21":1iy6qxk5 said:

It blows my mind.

Cus marijuana is bad m'kay

"Reefer Madness" rears it's ugly head again. If the NFL doesn't stop testing for MJ next year, or soon after, then they are hypocrites.

Nail the drunks that are killing people, leave the guy with the munchies alone.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
ivotuk":2go9tydd said:
"Reefer Madness" rears it's ugly head again. If the NFL doesn't stop testing for MJ next year, or soon after, then they are hypocrites.

Nail the drunks that are killing people, leave the guy with the munchies alone.

I mean, I agree.. marijuana is harmless and honestly would probably be much better for recovery than all the pain meds they load these guys up with.. but all that said, if it's the policy.. it's the policy.

If you were poised to hit free agency and become one of the highest paid WR's in the game .. and just look at the deals AJ Green, Demaryius Thomas, Dez Bryant and Julio Jones got this offseason .. then what does that say about your intelligence level to fail the EASIEST drug test to pass. They literally warn these guys ahead of time and Gordon still failed. Then upon failing, you know you're going to get tested repeatedly... and he didn't abide by it. The last failed test was for alcohol though, and while Gordon just had a beer on a flight to Vegas when the season was done.. you still can't do that under this particular policy.

So yeah.. I get it.. the policy is laced with inconsistencies, but when you're an athlete poised to make millions of dollars.. you'd think that'd be incentive enough to lay off the crap for awhile.

OP
OP
M

massari

Reaction score
Spleenhawk2.0":11y3f1v4 said:
I am not sure that Gordon will be available any time soon - at least as a regular free agent.

Cleveland has not released Gordon. He needs four years of accrued game play to be considered a FA. He only has two. He was suspended 10 games in 2014, played five games and was suspended by team for the final game of the season. He needed 6 games to be considered a "season" according to CBA. Gordon has been trying to get the final game of 2014 season suspension overturned, thus giving him one additional accrued season. I have not heard if that ruling has been made yet.

Either way - looks like he would potentially be a restricted FA if reinstated, but with Cleveland retaining rights. He could be a regular FA as early as 2017, but possibly not until 2018 season. Cleveland still may release him, but everything I have been reading seems to indicate that the Brown REALLY want to try and work something out with Gordon, and keep him long-term.

I guess it looks like he's going to be a wasted talent either if he's playing (for the lowly Browns) or suspended.

If the Hawks can get an average OL + Josh Gordon, their offense could be elite.

OP
OP
M

massari

Reaction score
ringless":i5jwpzcx said:
massari":i5jwpzcx said:
Tical21":i5jwpzcx said:

It blows my mind.

And a scumbag like Greg Hardy gets 4 games......

Baffling.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Gosh it would be interesting to see us get Gordon and then we can have Graham and Gordon, watching Wilson pass to Baldwin and Willson.

Latest posts