Bears trade 2nd Rnd Pick LB Bostic to Patriots for 6th

ringless

Reaction score
@AdamSchefter 59m59 minutes ago
Bears traded former 2nd-rd pick Jon Bostic to Patriots for 6th-rd pick, pending phsical. Bears get back two 6's for Bostic and Jared Allen.

What a bad return on their investments in todays trades.

TheRealDTM

Reaction score
meanwhile in seattle we trade 2nds for 7ths and get backup safeties for 5th

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Apparently the Bears are having a fire sale. I read on rotoworld that pretty much everyone is on the trade table. It's a smart move by the Bears, time to blow it up and rebuild the team.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":31n6ft1n said:
Apparently the Bears are having a fire sale. I read on rotoworld that pretty much everyone is on the trade table. It's a smart move by the Bears, time to blow it up and rebuild the team.

Which is great...but why didn't they do this before the season?

Reportedly these guys are getting traded because they don't fit what Fox wants to do. But he couldn't figure that out before the season started? They had all offseason to find good deals for guys like Allen who don't fit their switch to 3-4.

That's another reason why I appreciate Pete and John. Remember when they came in here and started making moves, shaking up the roster, and finding guys who fit what they wanted to do immediately so that the Seahawks could start being competitive right away?

HawkFan72

Reaction score
nepahawk":r1mqniyt said:
With the fire sale, maybe we should trade for Kyle Long.
Can play right guard or tackle.

Yeah now might be a good time to try and poach an O-lineman from the Bears. Not that their line is great, but you might be able to get a discount on some talent for depth.

kearly

Reaction score
The Bears are going all out for the #1 pick.

Basis4day

Reaction score
HawkFan72":24e69neo said:
Hawk-Lock":24e69neo said:

Which is great...but why didn't they do this before the season?

Reportedly these guys are getting traded because they don't fit what Fox wants to do. But he couldn't figure that out before the season started? They had all offseason to find good deals for guys like Allen who don't fit their switch to 3-4.

That's another reason why I appreciate Pete and John. Remember when they came in here and started making moves, shaking up the roster, and finding guys who fit what they wanted to do immediately so that the Seahawks could start being competitive right away?

Before the season they had a healthy Cutler, Jeffries, and drafted Kevin White. Injuries can change a te real quick if you lack depth.

kf3339

Reaction score
HawkFan72":xde1se6u said:
nepahawk":xde1se6u said:
With the fire sale, maybe we should trade for Kyle Long.
Can play right guard or tackle.

Yeah now might be a good time to try and poach an O-lineman from the Bears. Not that their line is great, but you might be able to get a discount on some talent for depth.

I would offer a 2nd for him and could very well get him for that price. But if I was the Bears the one area I wouldn't trade would be any good O-Line players. If they really are going for the #1 overall pick they are going to need them to protect the next franchise QB.

Latest posts