Time to hold Jed York accountable. Approved Writers List?

hawknation2015

Reaction score
It’s time to hold Jed York accountable
BAY AREA SPORTS GUY
September 27, 2015

The 49ers are even worse than I thought, and I thought they’d go 6-10. Their offense makes the top high schools look professional by comparison, the defense isn’t any better, and it doesn’t look like the players expend more energy for Jim “Dennis Erickson 2.0” Tomsula than they would for any other coach. Colin Kaepernick supposedly reworked his mechanics and everything else about the way he passes, but he threw two pick-sixes off his back foot in the first six minutes of this game.

What’s amazing is the 49ers didn’t like what they saw in Kaepernick a year ago, and their solution was to promote their quarterbacks coach to offensive coordinator, hire a sports talk host from South Carolina as the new quarterbacks coach, and put a defensive line coach in charge of the entire operation. No matter what you thought of the previous regime, at least the pieces that were in place made some sense. Now it’s just about money. Tomsula came cheap. They promoted two yes-men to the coordinator positions (Mangenius — LOLOL). They had enough cap room to sign Evan Mathis, but NO. They decided to trade for a Patriots reject in Jordan Devey instead.

They came into today’s game, against a division opponent they’ve played fairly well against for several years, thinking they could make a statement. They made a statement, alright.

“We aren’t better than we were a year ago. In fact, we are much, much worse.”

But ripping Kaepernick, the offensive line, the secondary, the pass rush, Tomsula or the coordinators seems about as logical as yelling at first graders in a school bus when it shows up late. Who’s driving the bus?

It’s Jed York, of course.

http://www.bayareasportsguy.com/49ers-l ... countable/

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Kawakami, Kohns, maybe Killion.
Those aren't the approved writers on Niners boards but are the most critical.
Branch and Maiaocco are ok.

Who will really hold Jed York accountable is stadium advertisers like Yahoo, and SBL holders who don't continue buying season tickets (thus forfeiting their five figure SBL). SBL holders so far are putting their tickets on the secondary market, thus making it more affordable. The price would be expected to crater if the team continues to lose and especially over years (see Oakland).

Jed may at that point be held more accountable. But as it is he's gotten a new stadium built on public funds and a bunch of sbl holders who don't want to give that up. Yet

OP
OP
hawknation2015

hawknation2015

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":3k8j5zos said:
Kawakami, Kohns, maybe Killion.
Those aren't the approved writers on Niners boards but are the most critical.
Branch and Maiaocco are ok.

Who will really hold Jed York accountable is stadium advertisers like Yahoo, and SBL holders who don't continue buying season tickets (thus forfeiting their five figure SBL). SBL holders so far are putting their tickets on the secondary market, thus making it more affordable. The price would be expected to crater if the team continues to lose and especially over years (see Oakland).

Jed may at that point be held more accountable. But as it is he's gotten a new stadium built on public funds and a bunch of sbl holders who don't want to give that up. Yet

There is little those people can do to hold lil' Jed accountable, as he likes to say, after he was handed the reigns to the team by his mommy and daddy. Jed made sure all those fans were locked into huge PSL fees before firing Harbaugh. Then he laughably lied and said he never fired Harbaugh. Now the "faithful" (contrived phrase perfectly crafted by the Yorks for this next decade of mediocrity) are forced to choose between wasting thousands of dollars by giving up their seats or kowtowing to a sniveling liar who blatantly deceived them. I don't envy your position.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
Gotta give credit to Kawakami for being right about the implosion all along. Dude was first one to call it, gotta give him his props for that reporting.

Marvin49

Reaction score
dontbelikethat":2oh7zter said:
Gotta give credit to Kawakami for being right about the implosion all along. Dude was first one to call it, gotta give him his props for that reporting.

Wow. Impressive. If I tell you 10 times between noon and 9PM that its gonna get dark, does that make me a master prognosticator?

If you predict doom and gloom non-stop, you are eventually bound to be right and everyone forgets all the times you were wrong.

That's Kawakami.

RationalNiner

Reaction score
Marvin49":hsngjant said:
dontbelikethat":hsngjant said:

Wow. Impressive. If I tell you 10 times between noon and 9PM that its gonna get dark, does that make me a master prognosticator?

If you predict doom and gloom non-stop, you are eventually bound to be right and everyone forgets all the times you were wrong.

That's Kawakami.

Marvin do you have a pic of Jed York hanging in your house?

Fact of the matter is the team is a mess, the coaching staff is the worst in the league. And Mr. Jed York decided to promote tomsula to HC and even said that it's not about "cutting edge schemes" in his press conference (which also implies he also doesn't think scheme matters too much and why Tomsula was a good choice for HC). Tomsula is a great choice cause he's just so lovable and you just wanna pat him on the head while he's eating a salami sandwich. The guy is a moron and got way too involved. He should get people who know what they are doing and just stick to signing the checks. Well actually, telling his momma to sign the checks.

Tumsulalololololoololololololol's

analysis of kaepernick, if you remember

"he can run and throw!"

RationalNiner

Reaction score
Marvin49":8dkokfn9 said:
dontbelikethat":8dkokfn9 said:

That's Kawakami.

i am marvin im the greatest 49er fan of all, lose or win, im here to stay, hip hip horay

chris98251

Reaction score
When do they start screaming for Eddie D to take over THE S.S. Minnow.......................

DavidSeven

Reaction score
One thing I want to follow closely is whether or not the SF media/fans will acknowledge Roman's success as a playcaller with Buffalo (assuming he continues to do well). I find it fascinating that the Bay Area outcry for Harbaugh to fire Greg Roman and Harbaugh's refusal to do so seemed to create a lot of the tension that led to this whole disaster.

...and now Roman is looking like an early genius in Buffalo with a first-year starter (still early, obviously), and Kap looks worse than he's ever looked. Harbs and Roman have to feel some sense of vindication, but not sure certain SF fans/writers should feel the same way since they were against them on this pretty crucial point.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
dontbelikethat":p3f9wt6f said:
Gotta give credit to Kawakami for being right about the implosion all along.

LOL WHUT?

Your guys' hard-on for Kawakami is so bizzare.

You're talking the same Kawkami who two weeks ago declared that the 9ers defense is still really good and they'll win on the back of their defense? That Kawakami?

Or maybe the Kawakami who made this bold prediction after the 9ers got blown out by the Steelers:

It could go in any direction -- good, terrible, mediocre, whatever; it's all up in the air, maybe for the first time in about five years.

So is the problem with genuflecting to a clown.

Marvin49

Reaction score
RationalNiner":280molre said:
Marvin49":280molre said:
dontbelikethat":280molre said:

That's Kawakami.

Marvin do you have a pic of Jed York hanging in your house?

Fact of the matter is the team is a mess, the coaching staff is the worst in the league. And Mr. Jed York decided to promote tomsula to HC and even said that it's not about "cutting edge schemes" in his press conference (which also implies he also doesn't think scheme matters too much and why Tomsula was a good choice for HC). Tomsula is a great choice cause he's just so lovable and you just wanna pat him on the head while he's eating a salami sandwich. The guy is a moron and got way too involved. He should get people who know what they are doing and just stick to signing the checks. Well actually, telling his momma to sign the checks.

Tumsulalololololoololololololol's

analysis of kaepernick, if you remember

"he can run and throw!"

Jeez...THIS GUY again.

Marvin49

Reaction score
DavidSeven":1qknn54s said:
One thing I want to follow closely is whether or not the SF media/fans will acknowledge Roman's success as a playcaller with Buffalo (assuming he continues to do well). I find it fascinating that the Bay Area outcry for Harbaugh to fire Greg Roman and Harbaugh's refusal to do so seemed to create a lot of the tension that led to this whole disaster.

...and now Roman is looking like an early genius in Buffalo with a first-year starter (still early, obviously), and Kap looks worse than he's ever looked. Harbs and Roman have to feel some sense of vindication, but not sure certain SF fans/writers should feel the same way since they were against them on this pretty crucial point.

Romans success doesn't surprise me at all.

He's an OUTSTANDING RUN game coordinator, but he isn't the Passing Game coordinator. If the Niners could have kept him just to call running plays, I'd have thought it was a great idea.

OP
OP
hawknation2015

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Marvin49":i6x91vci said:
DavidSeven":i6x91vci said:

Romans success doesn't surprise me at all.

He's an OUTSTANDING RUN game coordinator, but he isn't the Passing Game coordinator. If the Niners could have kept him just to call running plays, I'd have thought it was a great idea.

He certainly made Kaepernick look a look a lot better than he really is.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Edit: Looks like Marv posted while I was typing.

DavidSeven":71f2ibub said:

The complaining about Roman was general fan complaining about coordinators for units that don't perform up to fan expectations. It's no different than Hawks fans and Bevell.

As for Roman, in your comment I think the thing you don't know is that Roman has never called passing plays or worked with QBs in his entire NFL career, or even at Stanford.

As he was in San Francisco, in Buffallo he's just the run game coordinator. Tayor's looked good so far and Kap had an absolutely atrocious game after looking good in the first two, but Roman's never had anything to do with either of them.

On the 9ers the pass plays were drawn up and called by John Morton. I don't know who does it on the Bills, but it's not Roman.

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/bills-n ... ssing-game

DavidSeven

Reaction score
That's well and good that reasonable minds are prevailing regarding Roman's prior role in the SF offense, but to me, that still suggests that people in SF were generally wrong to scapegoat him. And I think it's fair to say that the pressure mounting to fire Roman had something to do with the dysfunction with Harbaugh, which is what I find interesting. Didn't Jed's daughter tweet about firing Roman after the Thanksgiving game? Harsh words for a mere run game coordinator. Now that he's successful, it seems people are more than happy to diminish what he was actually responsible for. That wasn't the case when they needed someone to blame while Harbaugh was untouchable. It was John Morton's fault now? Come on. SF fans want to feel like they're above it all, but they're guilty for the same line of thinking that got Harbs run out of town in the first place.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
hawknation2015":397gfnt1 said:
Now it’s just about money. Tomsula came cheap. They promoted two yes-men to the coordinator positions (Mangenius — LOLOL). They had enough cap room to sign Evan Mathis, but NO. They decided to trade for a Patriots reject in Jordan Devey instead.

BASG isn't a reporter, but he tends to be pretty good (you should be careful though, because he also tends to write about how idiotic Grant Cohn and Tim Kawakami are).

In any case though, I tend to give him the benefit of the doubt, but disagree with him on these points.

It's pretty well known that they intended to go with Gase, and then backed out at the very last second because he wanted to retain Fangio as the d-coordinator (the 9ers wanted a clean break) or to get Vance Joseph (the Bengals wouldn't let him interview). Things devolved from there and and Gase and Fangio ended up as the two coordinators in Chicago.

As for the two coordinators, that was ultimately a ripple effect of the Gase thing, as one of the major problems with the Tomsula hiring (as both Marvin and I have already explained) is he doesn't have a network of coaches to draw from. After drifting around in the wind the 9ers were forced to promote internally, and try to round out the coaching staff with a bunch of guys with previous HC and coordinator experience.

As for the Mathis thing, like the rest of the league, they were just never going to give a 34 year old guard big money. It's why he sat around forever.

The 9ers are clearly in shambles right now, but that it's about money is a really shallow analysis, IMO. (it's about having a HC who couldn't attract coordinator talent, a whole slew of pro-bowlers being lost to injury/retirement and arrest, and the natural progression of dealing with the salary cap and having their depth sucked away through overpriced FA contracts over the last few years)

Marvin49

Reaction score
DavidSeven":3cqr78xa said:
That's well and good that reasonable minds are prevailing regarding Roman's prior role in the SF offense, but to me, that still suggests that people in SF were generally wrong to scapegoat him. And I think it's fair to say that the pressure mounting to fire Roman had something to do with the dysfunction with Harbaugh, which is what I find interesting. Didn't Jed's daughter tweet about firing Roman after the Thanksgiving game? Harsh words for a mere run game coordinator. Now that he's successful, it seems people are more than happy to diminish what he was actually responsible for. That wasn't the case when they needed someone to blame while Harbaugh was untouchable. It was John Morton's fault now? Come on. SF fans want to feel like they're above it all, but they're guilty for the same line of thinking that got Harbs run out of town.

Everyone had a part to play in the dysfunction as everyone now has a part to play in what happened in Arizona. I'm not scapegoating at all. I wanted Roman fired because his official title was Offensive Coordinator and the offense wasn't going anywhere. Given a choice, I wanted Chudzinski.

The Niners had some similar success as the Bills had (Hell, against the Bills a few years ago the Niners both ran and passed for over 300 yards respectively), but eventually the rest of that division will catch up with him, just as the NFC West did.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
I do think there's some potential for fool's gold with Buffalo's early success on offense. It'll be interesting to see if they can sustain it once someone writes the first successful blueprint for stopping Taylor. That's usually the turning point with these young QBs.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
Popeyejones":yo1zugsp said:
dontbelikethat":yo1zugsp said:
Gotta give credit to Kawakami for being right about the implosion all along.

LOL WHUT?

Your guys' hard-on for Kawakami is so bizzare.

You're talking the same Kawkami who two weeks ago declared that the 9ers defense is still really good and they'll win on the back of their defense? That Kawakami?

Or maybe the Kawakami who made this bold prediction after the 9ers got blown out by the Steelers:

It could go in any direction -- good, terrible, mediocre, whatever; it's all up in the air, maybe for the first time in about five years.

So is the problem with genuflecting to a clown.

Marvin49":yo1zugsp said:
dontbelikethat":yo1zugsp said:

That's Kawakami.

Thing is though, his early reports were getting dismissed by many 49er fans (as every fanbase probably would), but dude stuck to his guns and it pretty much came out to be true. That's all I'm saying. He was right about his reporting with the downfall of the front office of the 49ers. I give him credit for putting out that info.