A 49ers potential era changer

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
The pass defense was destroyed. The pass protection wasn’t good. There were missed tackles and penalties and, matched against a good NFC West rival, the general disarray of a mediocre team figuring out just how mediocre it really is.

But when you add that Kaepernick self-immolation… when you studied his body language… when you saw him look so desperately lost from almost the first snap of this very important division game… when you just examined those four woeful INTs…

That turned this game into 49ers all-timer, a potential era-changer, and the moment when the ground began to collapse and the whole franchise started to drop into the crevice for all to see.

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/kawakami/2 ... l/?ref=yfp

After his second pick-6, with the 49ers obviously down by a bundle, the 49ers coaches were so afraid of what he might do next that they ran the ball 13 consecutive times (two of those were Kaepernick scrambles that may have had a pass option in them).

An $18M-a-year QB, not trusted to throw a downfield pass, with the team trailing by 21 points.

The FortyWhiners implosion is officially Complete. It couldn't have happened to a better fanbase.

Anyone notice how much nicer our main forum is nowadays compared to 4 years ago?

Laloosh

Reaction score
Webzone is having a rough day...

Originally posted by maximusdecimus:
F the NFL for not doing anything to AS.
Pisses me off to see aldon playing for oakland.

OP
OP
SalishHawkFan

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
There are people still in Webzone? I thought by now it would be a ghost site. Lost down the Memory Hole. Only reachable with TOR.

Ambrose83

Reaction score
and they are still talking shit about our win, even after that joke of as team for the doors blown off them 2 weeks in a row.

chris98251

Reaction score
We won, but we did it ugly in my opinion, most teams are going to look at our win as a should have won it , but we have holes that need fixing.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
chris98251":nt6f50lz said:
We won, but we did it ugly in my opinion, most teams are going to look at our win as a should have won it , but we have holes that need fixing.
You can't say they'll not right. This team has big issues and they better get them fixed pronto because Arizona isn't playing.

Ambrose83

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":1brtz5h5 said:
chris98251":1brtz5h5 said:
You can't say they'll not right. This team has big issues and they better get them fixed pronto because Arizona isn't playing.

they have played 3 teams who are 1-8.... little early for the kool aid drinking on the cards.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":12yr31dn said:
The FortyWhiners implosion is officially Complete. It couldn't have happened to a better fanbase.
Such a shame that lvnginhwktwn isn't here anymore. Unlike rlkats and some of the reasonable Whiner fans that are here, he was quite representative of all that's not pleasant about that fanbase. I wonder if he can "smell the fear" of going 2-14 or 3-13?

SF49r

Reaction score
I thought the implosion was officially complete as soon as Harbaugh was fired.

2_0_6

Reaction score
My neighbors 49er flag that has been so proudly flown over the past five seasons have officially gone MIA as of this morning. I'm going to swing by his house tonight for a welfare check on him and his family.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :49ersmall: :49ersmall: :49ersmall:

drdiags

Reaction score
That Tim guy has a hard on for the 9ers and their fanbase. I wonder how he keeps a job on a Bay Area news site? He seems to have a bunch of "I told you so" wrapped in a fake cloud of concern about the team. He is one of those "keeping it real" kind of wet blankets.

As an outsider, he raises some good points but I cannot discount that he seems to be in Harbaugh's pocket, right or wrong. Sort of like Mitch and Softy were for Mike and Jim Mora respectively. I always envisioned they secretly were pulling for Pete to fail big time due to their own agendas.

greenblue_eye's2

Reaction score

greenblue_eye's2

Reaction score
drdiags":3eskiyxr said:
That Tim guy has a hard on for the 9ers and their fanbase. I wonder how he keeps a job on a Bay Area news site? He seems to have a bunch of "I told you so" wrapped in a fake cloud of concern about the team. He is one of those "keeping it real" kind of wet blankets.

As an outsider, he raises some good points but I cannot discount that he seems to be in Harbaugh's pocket, right or wrong. Sort of like Mitch and Softy were for Mike and Jim Mora respectively. I always envisioned they secretly were pulling for Pete to fail big time due to their own agendas.

Heads up, Tim Kawakami, Lowell Cohn, and Ann Killion do Commentary/Opinion Pieces in the Bay Area on the SF Giants, Oakland A's, the Raiders, GSW, and the 49ers. The rest of the Journalist who write about the local Sports Team are Sports Beat Writers. The difference is that the Commentary/Opinion Piece Journalist "can" offer criticism, or praise of any of the teams in the Bay Area. Beat Writers tell you what happened during the game, if someone was injured, how many points were scored , statistics , i.e., ERA's, RBI's. :)

Popeyejones

Reaction score
greenblue_eye's2":x52h29ao said:
Beat Writers tell you what happened during the game, if someone was injured, how many points were scored , statistics , i.e., ERA's, RBI's. :)

They also break stories, and have contacts within orgs.

It's a more generalizable (and perhaps unsolvable) problem for a variety of reasons, but the issue always and forever will be that reporters tend know a lot more than they say, and columnists tend to know a lot less than they claim.

IMO things tend to work well when columnists are former reporters and are still accepted in the tribe. In those cases they can write columns about the things that actual reporters talk about at the bar.

When that isn't happening though, or when you have columnists just out for clicks, it all tends to break down.

I have noticed however that at least with some of the 9ers reporters, they tend to let their hair down a little bit in their chats, and are willing to elliptically give some insight into what's actually going on without ever coming out and saying it.

aredub

Reaction score
Just went over and read the webzone 49ers forum. Wow...that was pretty entertaining. Thanks for posting that. They are in turmoil right now.

greenblue_eye's2

Reaction score
Popeyejones":310mm00g said:
greenblue_eye's2":310mm00g said:
Beat Writers tell you what happened during the game, if someone was injured, how many points were scored , statistics , i.e., ERA's, RBI's. :)

They also break stories, and have contacts within orgs.

It's a more generalizable (and perhaps unsolvable) problem for a variety of reasons, but the issue always and forever will be that reporters tend know a lot more than they say, and columnists tend to know a lot less than they claim.

IMO things tend to work well when columnists are former reporters and are still accepted in the tribe. In those cases they can write columns about the things that actual reporters talk about at the bar.

When that isn't happening though, or when you have columnists just out for clicks, it all tends to break down.

I have noticed however that at least with some of the 9ers reporters, they tend to let their hair down a little bit in their chats, and are willing to elliptically give some insight into what's actually going on without ever coming out and saying it.

Exactly, and very true, imvho.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Columnists have contacts within orgs and should source.
The best ones will name their sources and their research in their supporting arguments to say that he's taking a certain explicit position.

Reporters also have contacts and should source. They should always name their sources and their research.

The more that one is relying on unnamed sources, the more likely one is likely to be making stuff up. That the reporter/columnist has supposedly divulged sources to an editor does not matter, because you are not the editor. You're the consumer of the media who should have the same privilege.

Latest posts