Chip Kelly is 'embarrassed'

hawknation2015

Reaction score
"I don't know how the players feel, but I was embarrassed," Kelly said on Monday. "That's not the way we're supposed to play football and that's not what we're all about, but we didn't play well. I was embarrassed on how we played."

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-foo ... vs-cowboys

Sam Bradford has a 2:4 TD to INT ration and a sprained ankle, but it's not a knee.

DeMarco Murray is averaging 0.5 yards per carry.

Byron Maxwell has been getting owned. At least Walter Thurmond has looked good.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Chip wanted personnel control. He got it. He can't even blame a GM for this.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
In good news for the Eagles, at least we've learned that Chip Kelly is self-aware enough to be embarrassed. I think most folks were probably on the fence about that. ;)

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Popeyejones":biuisgf9 said:
In good news for the Eagles, at least we've learned that Chip Kelly is self-aware enough to be embarrassed. I think most folks were probably on the fence about that. ;)
Good point! Never been a fan of his personality going back to his Oregon days, but he is an interesting fella.

RedAlice

Reaction score
Watching the game next to some Eagles fans was a highlight of my Sunday. The Bradford comments were priceless.

Yes, he always looks that stupid and confused. You're welcome. :D

Scottemojo

Reaction score
RedAlice":1xs8uphn said:
Watching the game next to some Eagles fans was a highlight of my Sunday. The Bradford comments were priceless.

Yes, he always looks that stupid and confused. You're welcome. :D
His body language is awful. His dazed and confused expression has to have his teammates wishing for Sanchez. Which is technically as low as wishing can get and not be called masochism.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Chip's biggest problem is his ego which is beyond massive. He truly thought his system is what has allowed him to win, not the abilities of the players. he figured he pretty much plug anyone in and they'd succeed and as a result he dumped a bunch of really good players because they weren't "with him". Hey Chip, it's about the Jimmys and the Joes, not the Xs and the Os.

Hey JSeahawks: would you still prefer Chip over Pete?

JSeahawks

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":2pwdmi8i said:

They're both 0-2 after only 2 weeks. It's still early. Ask me after week 17. I know Chips offense would look a hell of a lot better if he had Russell Wilson and Marshawn Lynch.

RedAlice

Reaction score
The Philly press is not as nice as STL was.

Attachments

• Bradford.jpg
    Bradford.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 1,076

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
JSeahawks":13r0vxco said:
hawksfansinceday1":13r0vxco said:

They're both 0-2 after only 2 weeks. It's still early. Ask me after week 17. I know Chips offense would look a hell of a lot better if he had Russell Wilson and Marshawn Lynch.

So let me get this straight, you'd still prefer an unproven college coach that's singlehandedly ran his franchise into the ground with mistake after mistake over a SB champion coach that's created one of the best cultures, teams and environments in the entire league?

That my friend, is stubbornness at it's finest.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":13x03wuu said:
JSeahawks":13x03wuu said:
hawksfansinceday1":13x03wuu said:

So let me get this straight, you'd still prefer an unproven college coach that's singlehandedly ran his franchise into the ground with mistake after mistake over a SB champion coach that's created one of the best cultures, teams and environments in the entire league?

Not to mention a coach that won a National Championship while coaching in college, something the Chipster never did.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2o0zpvp9 said:
JSeahawks":2o0zpvp9 said:
hawksfansinceday1":2o0zpvp9 said:

For the record i've never said that I want Pete Carroll replaced with Chip Kelly. I have said that Chip Kelly is my favorite coach in the NFL (and in any sport) and I would be happy if he was the coach of our Seahawks. Obviously his personnel moves don't look great, but again... its week 2. I really hope he succeeds, whether its in Philly, or his next NFL spot if he gets one, because the NFL is a boring product. The NFL needs more Chip Kelly's, imo, who will try things differently and be innovative and move the game forward. He must have done something right along the way, otherwise people wouldnt hate him so much... they wouldnt care.

Look at it this way, if Chip Kelly were here, i guarantee Darrell Bevell wouldnt be. :D

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
JSeahawks":3bp2r6nr said:
Sgt. Largent":3bp2r6nr said:
JSeahawks":3bp2r6nr said:
hawksfansinceday1":3bp2r6nr said:

For the record i've never said that I want Pete Carroll replaced with Chip Kelly. I have said that Chip Kelly is my favorite coach in the NFL (and in any sport) and I would be happy if he was the coach of our Seahawks. Obviously his personnel moves don't look great, but again... its week 2. I really hope he succeeds, whether its in Philly, or his next NFL spot if he gets one, because the NFL is a boring product. The NFL needs more Chip Kelly's, imo, who will try things differently and be innovative and move the game forward. He must have done something right along the way, otherwise people wouldnt hate him so much... they wouldnt care.

Look at it this way, if Chip Kelly were here, i guarantee Darrell Bevell wouldnt be. :D

Are you an Oregon fan? Because that's certainly not the national narrative on Kelly.

He was an innovative college coach, along with many other innovative college coaches that have failed at recreating and translating that innovation in the NFL.

IMO Kelly would have been better suited to move into an offensive coordinator role, rather than total power as GM and head coach. Because it's obvious he's in over his head with how tough it is to be not only a head coach, but someone pulling the strings on personnel.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
J is going to really enjoy it when Chip Kelly is at USC next season

:stirthepot:

minormillikin

Reaction score
Largent80":274f71kn said:
If you take out the embarr and the ed, you have the answer,

This combined with your avatar is magical. I can actually picture that dude making that statement with zero irony.

Mizak

Reaction score
He wants Marcus Mariota! Mind as well trade Bradford to the Titans for him.