Nick O'Leary, TE

HuskerHawk

Reaction score
I agree. Reminds me of Zach Miller as well. The measurables aren't great, but the guy can play ball.

CPHawk

Reaction score
The guy is short, small, slow and has T. rex arms.

ivotuk

Reaction score
I love this guy! Watched him play in preseason and his measureables don't tell the story with this guy. He's a bruiser and with some experience would make a great blocking tight end. He's a good receiver and plays with fire.

I see him as the kind of guy that boosts the level of play of the offensive line around him when he's blocking. By all means they should sign this guy and cut Helfet. Cooper just isn't a good TE and really does nothing to help when compared to the roster spot he is taking up.

titan3131

Reaction score
Maybe he can stretch every day and gain arm length.

OP
OP
hawkfan68

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Measurables are something the Seahawks disregard in lieu of other abilities. So he has short arms and is slow. How fast do you need to be to block at the LOS? Is a good blocker with short arms better than a poor blocker with longer arms? Russell Wilson is a prime example that if you can play football, size doesn't matter. If he can do the job, then he should be signed. It doesn't hurt to kick the tires. He's sitting there waiting to be plucked without having to give up anything and there's a need in that dept. That's all I was saying.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
I'd love it if we gave him a shot. He's one of those guys that might not fit all the measurables but it's like he was born to be a football player, and has a knack for making key plays at key moments.

bigtrain21

Reaction score
Plus his grandpa is Jack Nicklaus which is really cool.

CPHawk

Reaction score
JSeahawks":19539h0o said:
I'd love it if we gave him a shot. He's one of those guys that might not fit all the measurables but it's like he was born to be a football player, and has a knack for making key plays at key moments.

Oregon shut him down with ease, that's never a good sign if UO shuts a TE down.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Eh.. would much rather keep Helfet.

Tony Moeaki would be a great pick-up. Dude was clutch last year in spots and is a much better blocker than O'Leary or Helfet. Not to mention he knows the offense.

Latest posts