49ers fans jump Vikings fan after MNF

ivotuk

Reaction score
What pieces of shit. They win so they kick a man who is on the ground. Spineless, worthless. Those are not men.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
NFL stadiums will turn into English soccer stadiums sooner than later...

Separate entrances and seating for away fans. No booze. No parking lot tailgaiting. Cops at the bars and specific routes to walk up to games.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Just reposting this explanation/background for this type of stuff at 9ers games from the other 9ers friend where this vid was first posted, if anyone is curious.

It's true that we have know way of knowing if thats the story in this video, but having been to a ton of 9ers games since the below transition happened, well, umm, I have yet to see it NOT be the story...

Due to California's gang injunction and three strike laws in the 90s and early 2Ks prison-gang populations boomed and 5-10 years out upon release those prison gangs ended up jumping the walls and becoming street gangs (the state of CA basically created the problem it was trying to prevent).

This is only relevent to the 9ers because one of the -if not the- largest gangs to migrate out of prisons was the Nortenos ("Northeners"; a loosly affiliated network of bloods), who ended up adopting the 9ers because of the color of their jerseys. With that transition in the mid-2Ks the reputation of 9ers fans transitioned from wine sipping effettes to thugs.

As a result you end up seeing stuff like you saw in that video: A bunch of 9ers fans yelling stop and trying to break up fights while guys who were hardened and criminalized through doing prison time due to draconian sentencing (and are 9ers fans because they rep Northern California and 9ers jerseys match their gang affiliation and Raiders' jerseys don't) are starting a bunch of fights between each other and with random others.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Popeyejones":lqdgduee said:
Just reposting this explanation/background for this type of stuff at 9ers games from the other 9ers friend where this vid was first posted, if anyone is curious.

It's true that we have know way of knowing if thats the story in this video, but having been to a ton of 9ers games since the below transition happened, well, umm, I have yet to see it NOT be the story...

Due to California's gang injunction and three strike laws in the 90s and early 2Ks prison-gang populations boomed and 5-10 years out upon release those prison gangs ended up jumping the walls and becoming street gangs (the state of CA basically created the problem it was trying to prevent).

This is only relevent to the 9ers because one of the -if not the- largest gangs to migrate out of prisons was the Nortenos ("Northeners"; a loosly affiliated network of bloods), who ended up adopting the 9ers because of the color of their jerseys. With that transition in the mid-2Ks the reputation of 9ers fans transitioned from wine sipping effettes to thugs.

As a result you end up seeing stuff like you saw in that video: A bunch of 9ers fans yelling stop and trying to break up fights while guys who were hardened and criminalized through doing prison time due to draconian sentencing (and are 9ers fans because they rep Northern California and 9ers jerseys match their gang affiliation and Raiders' jerseys don't) are starting a bunch of fights between each other and with random others.

I call BS when I see something like "hardened in prisons and draconian sentencing." They didn't get in jail for jay walking, and you can't blame jail for that kind of behavior. They went there looking for it, and I'm sure this is the type of behavior that got them put in jail in the first place.

Basis4day

Reaction score
I understand that this can be a problem at every NFL stadium. Having said that, a fan of the SF Giants, Brian Stowe, is the poster boy of how tragic these sports brawls can get. San Francisco fans need to stop this.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Laloosh":16gxr2uw said:
Where are that Viking fan's friends?

Yelling "Stop"... you can hear them. They make a quick appearance at the end.

Whole thing is ridiculous. I'd honestly be just fine if they took alcohol out of stadiums. Or stopped selling when halftime kicks off.

and this isn't a "San Fran" problem.. its a sports problem

Seahawks1983

Reaction score
Uncle Si":ww75i6ir said:
NFL stadiums will turn into English soccer stadiums sooner than later...

Separate entrances and seating for away fans. No booze. No parking lot tailgaiting. Cops at the bars and specific routes to walk up to games.

I would be completely on board with adopting some EPL security practices.

* Segregated away fan section
* Segregated away fan entrance/exit
* Stadium bans for anyone who is caught in person or on video like the link above
* 1 beer limits
* More police on site (the NFL can afford and should already do this)

netskier

Reaction score
The root of the problem is a subset of fans who define part of their identity with their hate for their team's competitors.

It would be far better to define themselves with their love for their team, and not hate the other team at all. In fact, the hawks are not much without other strong teams with which to compete. If the Miners fall apart completely, and so do all the other teams, then do the haters want to play the Huskies, or Garfield High?

Hate, and the promotion of hate, is the problem.

Sadly, more than a few here practice both.

rlkats

Reaction score
Not justifying anything. I cant paste the article. But.

I guess the Vikings fan pushed a wife of a ninersfan he was talking crap to and when the Niners fan walked away he turned to the crowd and started yelling who else wants some. Thats when the video starts. Sad anyways. They should completely have police and no drinking this can not happen anymore.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
ivotuk":emmh4w5x said:
Due to California's gang injunction and three strike laws in the 90s and early 2Ks...

I call BS when I see something like "hardened in prisons and draconian sentencing." They didn't get in jail for jay walking, and you can't blame jail for that kind of behavior. They went there looking for it, and I'm sure this is the type of behavior that got them put in jail in the first place.

No offense (sincerely), but I think your disagreement is politically charged, as you think what I'm saying is political charged, which it isn't. This is because I (again, sorry) think you don't actually know what I'm talking about.

As for calling 3SL sentencing "draconian," uh yeah, the Supreme Court struck down the constitutionality of it (with Scalia leading the charge :lol: ), so "draconian" is absolutely a fair characerization.

Likewise, "they didn't go to jail for jaywalking" also signals that you probably don't know what you're talking about: Under CA GIL people DO go to jail for jaywalking, and even less than jaywalking (which is at least illegal beyong GILs). People go to friggin jail for being on a GIL list and "congregating" (two or more people in the same place).

What caused the prison boom in California isn't a political argument. It's wholly based in fact.

That Nortenos jumped from being a prison gang to street gang when these folks started getting out isn't a political argument. It's wholly based in fact.

That Nortenos rep the 9ers because of their red jerseys isn't a political argument. Ask anyone.

That all this happened right when the rep of 9ers fans changed from snobs to thugs isn't really that debatable either.

El Caliente

Reaction score
As a Saints fan, I hope to never have to attend a game in Santa Clara when our opponent is the 49ers. Every team has some bad apples, but the bad apples rooting for the 49ers are just a bit worse than any other fan base. And by a bit worse I mean the difference between Parent Trap Lindsey Lohan and Lindsey Lohan today. There is just something crazy going on there to the point where you don't want any part of it, no matter how good it might have been.

If the 49er fans were aware of what they are doing they would quit. The 49ers don't care about the fans, they care about the fans wallet. All these fans are doing is just proving how much more caveman they are than their Latte Sipping, Cummerbund wearing (to a game) forefathers. These guys are meat heads, and probably have small enough penises where even the smallest slight towards them, their wives, their girlfriends, or their tanning bed, and you might find yourself eating out of a tube for a month.

Bad form 49ers fans. Bad form.

Laloosh

Reaction score
If I ever attend a Niner game in SC, I'll be going with a cop. Thank God...

BirdsCommaAngry

Reaction score
Dear people who read forum posts presented in the form of a letter (you wild devils!),

Part of the motivation for this type of violence is our innate tribalism. We tend to think this way presumably because it was so much more beneficial for survival to be tribal when humanity was evolving. It's sad because it's also part of the motivation for us Seahawk fans to highlight the flaws of our "rival" 49er fans. We're stuck in this paradoxical situation where it's a problem and the first step to solving a problem would seem to be identifying it. However, since we're Seahawk fans identifying it, we're still perpetuating a tribal behavior by thinking about it in terms of "us vs them" and ultimately, criticizing our "enemy". It's the same principle as our more violent friends with only a far less unethical degree of severity.

We're basically telling 49er fans something along the same lines as telling them to stop drinking moonshine while we crack open a beer and take a shot of whiskey. We don't want to stop because of how seemingly simple, easy, and fun it is to stick our noses up at our fellow people, regardless of how ignorant, misguided, and even tortured we all can be.

Yours truly,

Straight outta' holism and Ghandi and lollipops,

XOXO,

Fire [insert current Seahawk scapegoat],

BirdsCommaAngry

El Caliente

Reaction score
Laloosh":7mg22ujx said:
If I ever attend a Niner game in SC, I'll be going with a cop. Thank God...

That might not be enough.

I have been lucky enough to be a fan of the opposing team in Utah (Pels Fan), Hou (Pels fan & Saints fan), San Diego (Saints fan), NYG (Saints fan), Dallas (Pels and Saints), I have never felt unsafe in any of those stadiums or arenas. They have had great fans, and when the fans were less than great (Utah) the security was good.

49ER fans can buy up all the tickets in Levi's stadium they want, I have no plans on buying any.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
That security dude deserves a raise. I don't know if he did much good in the situation, but he sure tried. Took guts to jump in there like he did. Personally I would be completely ok with banning alcohol at sporting events and think that would end 90% of these kinds of problems.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Popeyejones":dh80eup6 said:

Still not a good excuse for what happened. I'd be saying this if it happened after a Hawks game is Seattle.
There is a thing called self control.

Latest posts