M. Crabtree on Kap: I needed a QB that can deliver the ball

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Michael Crabtree on leaving SF for OAK...

“A lot of people don’t know that the Niners offered me a contract, I just didn’t take it,” Crabtree said. “I wanted a fresh start. It was more money too — the Niners offered me more money than anybody did — but business is business and I wanted to come to a team that really wanted and needed me.”

“I needed new scenery. It wasn’t for me,” Crabtree said. “I needed a quarterback that can deliver the ball and that was hungry like I was.”

http://www.sfgate.com/raiders/article/R ... 501031.php

kearly

Reaction score
That seems like Crabtree is taking the low road when he didn't need to. He could have just as easily and truthfully said that he went to Oakland because they throw the ball way more than the 49ers do, and it's hard to get paid as a WR when your team doesn't throw the ball much.

chris98251

Reaction score
Or he could have said I went to a division where defense is an after thought in comparison to the NFC West, Oakland will be behind a lot so they will need to throw it a lot. My Stats will look good and I will get my incentives in my contract.

Throwdown

Reaction score
"Things felt right in Oakland" would've been the best PC answer, but this is great

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Can't wait for the upcoming delicious spin on this. Get the hot buttered popcorn ready.
:snack:

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Oakland Raiders are becoming Eastside 9ers.. Compton 9ers?

OrFan

Reaction score
Yeah, he is an asshat, but the Raiders are the better team now.

ringless

Reaction score
Yes he could have taken the Frank Gore route on Kaep :roll:

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
seattle-interception-b.gif

Rob12

Reaction score
Crabtree is exactly what Sherm said he is. Mediocre. A run of the mil receiver. TT and Mike Leach made him look better than he ever was.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
chris98251":1hwht6vn said:
Or he could have said I went to a division where defense is an after thought in comparison to the NFC West, Oakland will be behind a lot so they will need to throw it a lot. My Stats will look good and I will get my incentives in my contract.

Yeah its kind of crazy. A lot of 12s like to complain about a struggling offense but dont seem to understand just how tough it is to be an offense in the NFC West then have injuries and distractions piled on top of it.

2014 Defensive DVOA ranks plus stable QBs

NFC WEST: Wilson, Kaepernick,

SEA 1
SFO 5
ARI 7
STL 9

No other conferences had 2 other top 10 teams.

AFC EAST came the closest:

BUF 2
NE 11
MIA 17
NYJ 21

AFC North did field three top 15 teams but highest ranked was:

BAL 8
CLE 12
CIN 14
PIT 30 (holy smokes)

3 of the NFC W defenses were better than the best D in the AFC North. You werent saying that 5 years ago.

The Rest:

NFC North: Det 3, GB 16, Min 23, Chi 28
AFC West: Den 4, KC 19, SD 24, 30
AFC South: Hou 6, Indy 13, Jax 20, Tenn 28

Leaves the two worst Defensive Divisions in the NFL last year:

NFC East: Phi 10, Dal 22, NYG 25, Wash 27
NFC South: Car 15, TB 18, NO 31, ATL 32

NFC West is just tough, pocket QB cant stay healthy in this Division, and athletic guys like Wilson and Kaep have to run for thier lives.

I dont like Kaep but still like Wilson, he's young and has to go up against some the best defenses in the NFL 6 games a year. Kaep and Wilson both would probably be better statistical performers if they were helming the QB position in almost any other Division.

sc85sis

Reaction score
Russell would likely be a backup in any other division because Pete was possibly the only coach who legitimately would let Russell compete to be the starter (or Chip, but he was still at Oregon when Russell was drafted).

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Crabtree wants to win? I remember him short arming a pass across the middle in a title game because he didn't want to get hit too hard.

jkitsune

Reaction score
Scottemojo":2n7zbyox said:
Crabtree wants to win? I remember him short arming a pass across the middle in a title game because he didn't want to get hit too hard.

On 3rd down. On the final drive of the game. If that 4th down hadn't been converted, that would've stuck.