PFF: RAIDERS COULD HAVE A DYNAMIC PASS RUSH IN 2015

hawknation2015

Reaction score
091115-smith-tuck.jpg

Former 49ers OLB Aldon Smith signed a one-year deal with the Oakland Raiders Friday, in what amounts to a low-risk, high-reward deal for the team.

Smith is one of the best pass-rushers in the NFL, and pairing Smith — provided he can behave himself off the field and isn’t disciplined by the league for past behavioral issues, which are what led to his release from San Francisco — opposite rising star OLB Khalil Mack will make for a devastating combination.

If both players perform to their potential, they will rival the best pass-rushing duos in the NFL: the Chiefs (Justin Houston and Tamba Hali), the Ravens (Terrell Suggs and Elvis Dumervil), and the Broncos (Von Miller and DeMarcus Ware).

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2 ... h-in-2015/

Interesting that the Seahawks faced three of those four teams in the preseason.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
hawknation2015":q79mnblw said:
091115-smith-tuck.jpg

Former 49ers OLB Aldon Smith signed a one-year deal with the Oakland Raiders Friday, in what amounts to a low-risk, high-reward deal for the team.

Smith is one of the best pass-rushers in the NFL, and pairing Smith — provided he can behave himself off the field and isn’t disciplined by the league for past behavioral issues, which are what led to his release from San Francisco — opposite rising star OLB Khalil Mack will make for a devastating combination.

If both players perform to their potential, they will rival the best pass-rushing duos in the NFL: the Chiefs (Justin Houston and Tamba Hali), the Ravens (Terrell Suggs and Elvis Dumervil), and the Broncos (Von Miller and DeMarcus Ware).

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2 ... h-in-2015/

Interesting that the Seahawks faced three of those four teams in the preseason.
The things they left out are Alldumb's likelyhood of getting arrested again, upcoming suspension, and no Justin Smith to hold offensive lineman for him.

Don't get me wrong, I think the raiders are on the rise, just not as fast as some think it will be, and if you are counting on a mental midget like Alldumb to stay on the field, you are taking a huge risk.

SuperMan28

Reaction score
Not buying it. A. Smith is a good player, but playing next to Justin Smith is what made him top tier. He won't have that in Oakland.

KC's duo is unmatched. They are number one without a close second. I'd take Quinn and Long over Ware and Miller, too. I found the Rams not being mentioned to be disingenuous.

Latest posts