More Patriot Cheating.

kearly

Reaction score
I'm guessing that's not what it seems, broadcasts get the playclock wrong all the time, as do refs. Still looks hilarious though.

ringless

Reaction score
kearly":vpd164dn said:
I'm guessing that's not what it seems, broadcasts get the playclock wrong all the time, as do refs. Still looks hilarious though.

If you watch the replay they got about 56 seconds in-between the play and still only got the play off with a second to go. I just assumed that it was a ref error. However I rewatched it on NFL game pass and it was not a clock error.

On the play the Patriots have the ball at their own 24 yd line, it is an incomplete pass to Gronk. Gronk ends up all the way at the Steelers 40 yd line and the clock starts a couple seconds after the play was blow dead (closer to 60 seconds in total between this play)

At that point Gronk starts walking back from the 40 of the Steelers and talking to #21 of the Steelers on the walk back along the sidelines. With about 30 seconds left on the play clock Gronk is seen on TV near the 50 yd line. Gronkoski end up in the Huddle at around the 18 second mark (he walked all the way back) Brady then starts the huddle. He looks at the play clock behind the huddle and sees there are 13 seconds left and motions for more time.

In any case this was an error on someones part. Most likely a referee. Not in the Patriots control I think it was just another unlikely incident. where something went wrong. Not a direct result of a Patriots employee, game planning or anything. I think Brady just got lucky to say the least on this one. ( I did use the timer on my phone to get my figures)

In any case, fans have now gone overboard over analyzing every details. If teams do this it can only play into NE's advantage.

Threedee

Reaction score
Everything they ever do from now on will be cheating and conspiring to cheat, just like Carr, Cooper, Mack, Murray, and company are all uber dirty players because the Oakland Raiders were the dirtiest players in the history of the world during the 60s, 70s, and 80s.