Raiders signed Aldon Smith to a 1 year deal

marko358

Reaction score
They will have a pretty darn good defense this year.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/JasonColeBR/status/642368905374208000[/tweet]

Basis4day

Reaction score
Rapoport says he chose them over Bucs, Jags and Rams.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Cyrus12":3dd0t8pr said:
is he eligible to play now?

As far as I know, the answer is yes. The league hasn't yet taken action.

I have a feeling tho that he'll end up back in SF next year. Could be way off, but I've heard the Niners were open to his return.

ClutchDJ

Reaction score
Chose Oakland over these teams:

RT @RapSheet: Aldon Smith is in the #Raiders building & will sign. He chose them over the #Jaguars, #Bucs & #Rams, I’m told. It’s a one-year deal.

ringless

Reaction score
I guess he wanted to stay in the Bay Area.

Can you imagine if he was behind that Rams D-Line. Nightmares for opposing QB's. Glad he is in the AFC now he's Peyton's nightmare.

Marvin49

Reaction score
ringless":3056vrs0 said:

Can you imagine if he was behind that Rams D-Line. Nightmares for opposing QB's. Glad he is in the AFC now he's Peyton's nightmare.

Assuming he plays...Aldon on one side and Mack on the other? Yikes. Good like Peyton.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter · 13s14 seconds ago
Despite off-field issues, Raiders' Aldon Smith IS eligible to play Sunday, per source. OAK will consider playing him, based on conditioning.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":3k0d0cow said:
I think we can all thank the heavens that he did not end up in St. Louis.

Imagine if he did and would of played...Good God...Have an ambulance on site ready to go in order to cart Wilson off the field Sunday haha

Cyrus12

Reaction score
well took a risk and added him to my fantasy team....had to drop the Saints defence to make it happen lol...

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
ringless":23g1ssih said:

I first read this as "I guess he wants to slay in the Bay Area."

I thought that was an appropriate choice of words, too.

uncle fester

Reaction score
That has to be the walking definition of Low Risk, High Reward.

Hope it works out for him and Oakland. They're due some luck. Also, Russell had trouble avoiding him, Rivers, Smith and Manning have no chance.

ringless

Reaction score
Went to check out the 49ers boards on the subject and got a good laugh.

"Lol, its a crime now to hit a parked neighbours car and not know it at the time? Aldon can afford the best lawyers, believe me every charge will be dropped. This is a joke of a case and can't believe the FO treated it like he killed someone."

Uh yes it's a crime. He was drunk and hit a parked car. I see this fully exonerated statement with every arrest over there. The FO didn't treat him like he killed someone. They treated him like someone that can't be relied upon to be on the field due to 5 arrests in 2 years. Some people just don't get it.

ivotuk

Reaction score
This is B.S. The kid needs help, he needs 6 months of rehab and getting his life together before he kills himself, or worse, someone else.

If he gets drunk and runs over someone's kids, they need to sue the Raiders and the NFL.

massari

Reaction score
ivotuk":2myla1ch said:
If he gets drunk and runs over someone's kids, they need to sue the Raiders and the NFL.

I can tell you're American.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
^^^Didn't go back through the thread but the only evaluative statements on the most recent page of it is Marvin saying good move by the Raiders and someone else wishing Aldon luck.

That's where I sit too. I'm not entirely convinced that another shot at this moment is what's best for the guy, but who am I to say. I hope all this stuff is behind him and from here on out he has a long and successful career.

EDIT: Just out of curiosity I went back through the last four pages of the thread (not just the last one), and there was one person who said what you claimed "everyone" was saying. It's actually the only thing that's not repeated by more than one poster over those pages. :lol:

You're such an unreliable narrator. Cutting and pasting the worst you can find from the webzone is such a cheap way to try to curry favor here, dude. Give it a rest.