Mike Tomlin just accused the Patriots of messing with comms

irocdave

Reaction score
Anyone else hear Tomlin answer the question about cheating? He said "yea it happened, just like every time we play here? Yea, I said it. We heard the Pats radio broadcast for the entire first quarter instead of coach to coach communications."

Exittium

Reaction score
Speechless really.. I mean there so much crap I want to say but all of us here have said most likely said it..

Ugh..smdh

ringless

Reaction score
But but but once their headsets started working the Patriots got a sufficient lead!

So why couldn't something as simple as that be proven? Serious question. What would it take to prove it?

ringless

Reaction score
Why can't it be proved? I would think in this day and age it would be simple no?

If it always happens and Pittsburgh was aware of it. Why not set up another sting? (The third sting) ?

Exittium

Reaction score
ringless":ud6s54ss said:
Why can't it be proved? I would think in this day and age it would be simple no?

If it always happens and Pittsburgh was aware of it. Why not set up another sting? (The third sting) ?

Thats what I'm lost at, each year we faithfully hear from a coach or organization that they had comm issues there, yet nothing has ever been done to resolve it or even look into it (to my knowledge)

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Duh, what's new? Collinsworthless even tried to defend it between slobber knobbing whoever. And now that it's obvious, obnoxious, offensive and otherwise not funny, but sadly just completely expected who cares? Just start playing their game I say and stop whining.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/recordsandradio/status/642184553403129856[/tweet]

ringless

Reaction score
I did find an article,
Its from 2007 that basically says there are 4 ways to bypass the communications system that is built into the stadium. But that they are on occasions spot checked and tested. So I think the Patriots would have been spot tested by now.

This is one I just don't buy into unless there was something more concrete. And if they were doing that at this point that would be ridiculous. Can you imagine if they were busted the first game of the season for doing this after all the events of this offseason.

Bill would be insta banned from the NFL. You'd be talking draft pick after draft pick taken. The penalties would be like nothing we have ever seen. So I find it hard to believe.

Tomlin, if you were concerned about it going in you should have addressed it with the NFL and had something set up prior to the game to prove it.

Now do I wish it was true and wish they got busted. Yes. Yes I do. I would bathe for years in the results that came from that.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
The NFL needs to have 2 "officials" at each game monitoring the radio signals of each team at that stadium,

As much as I dislike Tomlin and the stealers, their owners, and their team, I don't believe Tomlin is lying here.

Hopefully the Rooney's with thier influence will be able twist Rog's arm into investigating this.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
ringless":1kul4bb5 said:
Tomlin, if you were concerned about it going in you should have addressed it with the NFL and had something set up prior to the game to prove it.

To be fair, even if the league caught them beforehand, Patriots would just claim it was an illegal sting operation like they did with DeflateGate. They would cry, "lack of notice!" and get off.

ringless

Reaction score
‏@tomecurran 7m7 minutes ago
Information on radio issue for Steelers coaches. There was a "grounding issue" and Pats radio broadcast was "bleeding in" to headsets (1)

‏@tomecurran 6m6 minutes ago
(2) It did not cause communication to be lost, I'm told, just impaired. They are still gathering "information" I'm told.

@tomecurran 5m5 minutes ago
(3) Frequency issues are not uncommon at games.

@tomecurran 2m2 minutes ago
The Patriots coaches are having the exact same issues, I have just been told.

@SiriusXMNFL
Patriots do not control the headsets. The NFL does. I once had a woman from the concession stand in my headsets at Fed EX field. - Mills

(This last tweet I am unsure of. It would make sense that the NFL would control it, however in an article I read from 07 which I an post if necessary says there are four ways around it since they are built into the stadium. However there are on some occasions random checkups here and there that could cause tampering to be found. Which is a lot of risk.

I just don't think the Patriots did this. I do believe it was just random interference.

Also from the NFL themselves
http://operations.nfl.com/the-game/game ... rdinators/

Rambitious

Reaction score
ringless":3scas4wv said:
I did find an article,
Its from 2007 that basically says there are 4 ways to bypass the communications system that is built into the stadium. But that they are on occasions spot checked and tested. So I think the Patriots would have been spot tested by now.

This is one I just don't buy into unless there was something more concrete. And if they were doing that at this point that would be ridiculous. Can you imagine if they were busted the first game of the season for doing this after all the events of this offseason.

Bill would be insta banned from the NFL. You'd be talking draft pick after draft pick taken. The penalties would be like nothing we have ever seen. So I find it hard to believe.

Now do I wish it was true and wish they got busted. Yes. Yes I do. I would bathe for years in the results that came from that.

How about MULTIPLE teams complaining about the same damn thing?
Because they have been for years.

Exittium

Reaction score
ringless":lzjih5iz said:
‏@tomecurran 7m7 minutes ago
Information on radio issue for Steelers coaches. There was a "grounding issue" and Pats radio broadcast was "bleeding in" to headsets (1)

‏@tomecurran 6m6 minutes ago
(2) It did not cause communication to be lost, I'm told, just impaired. They are still gathering "information" I'm told.

@tomecurran 5m5 minutes ago
(3) Frequency issues are not uncommon at games.

@tomecurran 2m2 minutes ago
The Patriots coaches are having the exact same issues, I have just been told.

@SiriusXMNFL
Patriots do not control the headsets. The NFL does. I once had a woman from the concession stand in my headsets at Fed EX field. - Mills

(This last tweet I am unsure of. It would make sense that the NFL would control it, however in an article I read from 07 which I an post if necessary says there are four ways around it since they are built into the stadium. However there are on some occasions random checkups here and there that could cause tampering to be found. Which is a lot of risk.

I just don't think the Patriots did this. I do believe it was just random interference.

Also from the NFL themselves
http://operations.nfl.com/the-game/game ... rdinators/

Its easy to seem innocent when then "it happened to us too " card is played. And there is not proof besides whats being said from opposing teams.

The issue is this seems to be a common trend in THAT specific stadium with that specific cheating team.
You don't hear about it happening in any of the other 31 stadiums.. Let a lone on a yearly basis with the common factor being in gillette stadium.

ringless

Reaction score
NFL spokesperson says NFL is in control of the equipment. This is a non-story. It really is as much as some of us would like it to be.

In any case, now we are on to the games that matter

ivotuk

Reaction score
ringless":136groyx said:
NFL spokesperson says NFL is in control of the equipment. This is a non-story. It really is as much as some of us would like it to be.

Just because the NFL provides the equipment doesn't mean that have "control" over it.

And just because Bill Bellicheat said "we had problems too" doesn't mean that he really did. Sounds great to those that want to hear just that.

Headsets and radio communications can be interfered with by outsiders who know how they work and what the rules are. It's easy to interrupt wireless communications. You can make an empty 1,000 gallon fuel tank broadcast if you have enough power and the right equipment.

It's funny how the problems were just intermittent enough to keep them from communicating properly, but not quite bad enough to shut the system down.

Melencause

Reaction score
ivotuk":1h4olhu8 said:
ringless":1h4olhu8 said:

Just because the NFL provides the equipment doesn't mean that have "control" over it.

And just because Bill Bellicheat said "we had problems too" doesn't mean that he really did. Sounds great to those that want to hear just that.

Headsets and radio communications can be interfered with by outsiders who know how they work and what the rules are. It's easy to interrupt wireless communications. You can make an empty 1,000 gallon fuel tank broadcast if you have enough power and the right equipment.

It's funny how the problems were just intermittent enough to keep them from communicating properly, but not quite bad enough to shut the system down.

Exactly, even if they both had problems if the patriots knew there would be a problem in advance that is a significant advantage allowing the pats to prep the battlefield in advance so to speak.

These type of tactics are pulled right from The Art of War. It's impressive really.

Also the NFL having control of the equipment during the game doesn't prevent much really. You can very easily affect the comms externally through outside hardware or even by damaging the shielding that protects a cable from interference.

Not saying any of this happens... but its far from inconceivable.

JaiSeaSea

Reaction score
Everything will forever be questioned because they are liars and cheats. Even if they didn't have anything to do with it. Same as a child who lies.

mrblitz

Reaction score
the league should consider 'voip over wii-less lan'... 'wire comms' rather than 'radio'.

50yrpatsfan

Reaction score
Melencause":1ctgiybl said:
ivotuk":1ctgiybl said:
ringless":1ctgiybl said:

Exactly, even if they both had problems if the patriots knew there would be a problem in advance that is a significant advantage allowing the pats to prep the battlefield in advance so to speak.

These type of tactics are pulled right from The Art of War. It's impressive really.

Also the NFL having control of the equipment during the game doesn't prevent much really. You can very easily affect the comms externally through outside hardware or even by damaging the shielding that protects a cable from interference.

Not saying any of this happens... but its far from inconceivable.

Nice try, but...
FOXBOROUGH, Mass. – Don’t blame the New England Patriots for the Pittsburgh Steelers’ headset issues during Thursday night’s opener, the NFL says.

League spokesman Michael Signora said in a statement after the game it was a “stadium power infrastructure issue, which was exacerbated by the inclement weather” that caused the interference that left Steelers coach Mike Tomlin seething after the Patriots’ 28-21 win.

“The coaches’ communications equipment, including the headsets, is provided by the NFL for both clubs use on game day,” Signora’s statement said. “Once the power issue was addressed, the equipment functioned properly with no additional issues.”